Sign in to follow this  
jake1829

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Pretty impressed with this tyre, coming from RFT's on the stock wheels on my E92

Nearly 2 years , around 40,000Km and that included 5-6 track days as well , got to the cords on the rears PSS (285/25/20)

So as it's winter in the US , tiretrack don't have stock at the moment (eta 30-60days :S ) - does anyone know an alternative place to source?

(quote with shipping for new rears was $970 US)

ac1cvp.jpg

QsiRme.jpg

Edited by mod335
  • Like 1

Pretty impressed with this tyre, coming from RFT's on the stock wheels on my E92

Nearly 2 years , around 40,000Km and that included 5-6 track days as well , got to the cords on the rears PSS (285/25/20)

So as it's winter in the US , tiretrack don't have stock at the moment (eta 30-60days :S ) - does anyone know an alternative place to source?

(quote with shipping for new rears was $970 US)

ac1cvp.jpg

QsiRme.jpg

Just order them and stick the standard wheels and tires back on for a while .. had to do this on my 330 with its 19s once ... you get use to get it even if you die a little inside.

Not sure if they have your size, but my tire guy from fire stone would of got me a set for $1500. Special order from the NZ importers. Could be worth asking, he was cheaper than Beaurepaires

$1500 for all four? Sounds to good to be true. Usually around $1500 for a pair of 18s.

• Like 1

Just order them and stick the standard wheels and tires back on for a while .. had to do this on my 330 with its 19s once ... you get use to get it even if you die a little inside.

Ya currently running my Apex wheels with the ToyoR888 semi-slicks , just have to remind myself I need to get some heat in them to get some grip :D

Not sure if they have your size, but my tire guy from fire stone would of got me a set for $1500. Special order from the NZ importers. Could be worth asking, he was cheaper than Beaurepaires

Would be keen if you could pm contact - thanks

Guys, I just went into Firestone and got a quote (18inch wheels). It may have been a bit more, but they had a 4 for three on etc. I actually went for s0001 for around 900 and they performing brilliantly.

I went the 19 inch RE050A (High Load) stock sizes front and back for just under $2000. Can't fault them wet and dry.

• Like 1

Yeah anyways ... tirerack.com still have PSS super sports for $347 USD + tax + shipping each so looking just over 1k landed... not too bad for 20s. Will be here in 3-4 days. Then around 20 per wheel to fit.

Will be new rubber, not new old stock.

actually just banged in the full set.. $2400 NZD inc shipping and tax by the last lot of tires I got off them. Still cheaper than 4k which is what tire shops hear will want for them.

• Like 2

Yeah anyways ... tirerack.com still have PSS super sports for $347 USD + tax + shipping each so looking just over 1k landed... not too bad for 20s. Will be here in 3-4 days. Then around 20 per wheel to fit.

actually just banged in the full set.. $2400 NZD inc shipping and tax by the last lot of tires I got off them. Still cheaper than 4k which is what tire shops hear will want for them.

What would the duty be? Also, the shipping must be MASSIVE considering the weight or is it not?

Nice, ya pity they don't have the size i require in stock :(

Looks like I am waiting till they're back in stock

What would the duty be? Also, the shipping must be MASSIVE considering the weight or is it not?

I paid $287 US for 4 tyres shipped to my door

Shipping is reasonable I thought.

Can someone tell me what the GST threshold is?

Have always thought you could make a saving if you placed say two orders separately, i.e. two tyres at a time. Thoughts?

I paid $287 US for 4 tyres shipped to my door

That's great! Well, when mine wear out I will be ordering them through there.

They are really good, have purchased a few sets.

Some have arrived in less than a working week.. Look out for what they have on special also, have seen some killer deals over the years, I once got a set for around quarter the local cost.

• Like 1

Shipping is reasonable I thought.

Can someone tell me what the GST threshold is?

Have always thought you could make a saving if you placed say two orders separately, i.e. two tyres at a time. Thoughts?

GST threshold at the moment is $400NZD _including_ shipping. Anything above that take the total NZD (incl shipping) and x 1.15 = your amount incl GST.

That doesnt account for customs handling fees, but thats why you use a non third world carrier like DHL or FedEX as they have customs agents in NZ landing depots. Instead of paying NZ customs for tax on top of tax mis 'handling fees' .

even so .. all of this for top end tires is exponetionally cheaper than the importers here.

Which seems to be the case with a lot of importers these days. I love it when you can just go-around these days.

• Like 1