Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Clarkson Sacked

Clarkson is an arrogant twat.He has a unique view of things and can be amusing.Thats it.Top gear is well past it.

I wouldn't say Clarkson is arrogant at all, in fact a very down to earth guy. Top gear atm has got the highest ratings in its history, however i would def agree with you that he has a unique view of things lol :)

Clarkson is an arrogant twat.He has a unique view of things and can be amusing.Thats it.Top gear is well past it.

Name a motoring/entertainment show you would rather watch.

• Like 1

I hear tell of a new program which will air on Sky, called 'Top Speed'...

Anyone care to guess who the three presenters will be?

Murph, McIvor and..... HSB? jk jk :lol:

I think any presenter with some credibility would be an utter fool to try fill the void left by Clarkson, May and Hammond.

The show will be bound to fail at taking off where it's been left, leaving the replacement presenters with a long lasting stigma.

That accent ... dunno if you could take the show seriously with that accent, The english might get it but the rest of the world doesnt. Also car show with a bike guy. The beebs has lost it.

• Like 2

That accent ... dunno if you could take the show seriously with that accent, The english might get it but the rest of the world doesnt. Also car show with a bike guy. The beebs has lost it.

Yeah, as entertaining as Guy is.. he is near impossible to understand for the most part.

The show won't survive without those hosts. Top Gear Australia bombed because it didn't need replication in Australia, USA yes, because it was harder for them to relate to the original.

Top Gear will always be one of my favourite shows, but I stopped watching it about 3 years ago when it became clearly scripted, less about actual car-reviews and the outside controversy which always seemed to involve Clarkson. It seemed as the show went down in content value (for me) it went up in popularity internationally.

It was a great format, but ultimately the person who brought it to the BBC in the first place ruined it enough for everyone else.

New format with the same hosts on a different network would probably work. New hosts / same format is doomed.

• Like 1

Name a motoring/entertainment show you would rather watch.

I can take or leave top gear .I used to watch it at any opportunity.Its not top gear its the jeremy clarkson show.Its sorta about cars but its mostly clarkson poking fun at the short guy,the slow guy,the germans,waxing lyrical about Mercedes,(mostly) harping on about BMW buses,trains and vauxhalls.

• Like 1

i guess when we all talk about cars we keep it all strictly factual and boring too.

• Like 1

i guess when we all talk about cars we keep it all strictly factual and boring too.

Thats so true, however I presume if TopGear was kept factual and had little/no entertainment in it i.e explosions, crashes ect, it would not have near as many viewers? but then again what would I know!?

Thats so true, however I presume if TopGear was kept factual and had little/no entertainment in it i.e explosions, crashes ect, it would not have near as many viewers? but then again what would I know!?

i was being a bit sarcastic, forgot to press sarcastic font button.

last season and the one before it hit the perfect balance. this season however, i am 5 episodes in and not a single decent car review except for a brief one on the BMW i8 which i did enjoy, but only because it was from the brand i like. would love to pedal an i8 some day. (do you pedal it, or turn some potentiometers to make it go???)

• Like 2

That's why it became so popular internationally because you didn't actually have to listen to anything...

• Like 1

i was being a bit sarcastic, forgot to press sarcastic font button.

last season and the one before it hit the perfect balance. this season however, i am 5 episodes in and not a single decent car review except for a brief one on the BMW i8 which i did enjoy, but only because it was from the brand i like. would love to pedal an i8 some day. (do you pedal it, or turn some potentiometers to make it go???)

Not a huge fan of the i8, dont like electric cars at the moment (design a bit ugly). The technologys just not good enough to replace the combustion engine. Then again amazing economy with a almost non existant

carbon footprint, then again I would rather drive your V12 than an electric car. Regardless of fuel economy and enviromental footprints! :lol:

Edited by benzboy

Oh, okay. So you're not saying striking people and verbally abusing them is okay, you're simply saying that the BBC is deceiving us and Clarkson didn't do these things?

Great scam considering he was their biggest star.

I have met people who deserved exactly that. Under our PC rules the arseholes think they can get away with anything because the PC brigade will save them. I am not saying the producer deserved anything but with the media I am most distrusting of what gets said and printed. The truth is often a long way from what we are fed.

• Like 1

Yeah, as entertaining as Guy is.. he is near impossible to understand for the most part.

Subtitles. :)

• Like 1

My personal opinion of Clarkson has been severely diminished after this. Assuming what is in the media is true, you don't treat people you work with like that; I don't care who you are. It's disgusting and I think it's a disgrace that he's playing the victim when he's been the author of his own demise. He's the reason Top Gear (in it's current form) is now no more.

• Like 1

Do I think differently of Clarkson after this ruckus? Meh, it just got him over the threshold, it was the straw that broke the camels back. he has done a load of daft things in the past...they caught up with him. He is a buffoon, a self proclaimed one at that. We all know this.

Two and a half men. Similar problem in my mind. The main actor was also the heart of the show, with everyone else playing superfluous roles. The mucky stuff hit the fan, and the shows producers made the executive call. They fixed it by bringing in a big name douche, to replace the big name douche. Whether it worked or not is anyone's guess. Viewing times play into that as well. For me it changed the way I thought about the show. I didn't watch one episode with the new douche in there, because it would be too different, it might have be better even? I don't care even if it was better, but what's better anyway, I didn't give it a chance, some will some wont.

For me with Clarkson going, I may continue to watch it, because of my love of cars...but to be fair it will be cringe worthy, on top of it already being cringe worthy in parts. Everyone is replaceable. But whether people will continue to tune in, that's another thing. He has been doing this sort of thing, car reviewing that is for decades, and it had to stop at some stage. I will miss the idiot, like many will. He is not just the heart of the Top Gear show, for many he was also the sole representative of the BBC. It's the only program I watch from them. Top Gear Australia, is like X-factor Australia and Who wants to be a Millionaire Australia, the same format, but it's the characters and their symbiotic relationships that really make the show, and those shows are just...urgh. The originals are hard to imitate well, good luck finding a replacement for Clarkson, if indeed that's what they are thinking.

I cannot help thinking the other car shows are rubbing their hands with glee, having been relegated to minor positions for as long as anyone can remember. Top Gear elevated itself above a car show some time ago. I know families and non-car enthusiasts who watch the show regularly, it really is something else.

Rant over.

• Like 2

People need to stop using such an elitist bigot as a role-model for the anti-PC brigade who apparently believe he says "what we all think." He's fallen on his own sword and it has been coming for a long time. He needed to go and nobody is surprised.

Just like Paul Henry who in the coming months will crash and burn for the 3rd time because generally the public don't like the out-of-touch.

• Like 1

Never watched it for the car reviews anyway. Always skipped the reviews and straight to the challenges.

Those presenters in 'Top Gear' USA, are so cringe worthy.... they're just impossible to watch.

It's just even worse that they run a show called Top Gear. Really shows where the BBC executives heads are.

America has a lot of good presenters, but it seems certain they didn't go above and beyond to find them for that show.
  • Like 3

You might like the US version of Top Gear then (after season 1) because that 100% challenge and I think the characters are good to watch.

And when Americans go "big production" you can see where Hollywood kicks in!

I think I tryed watching it once, but the presenters pissed me off too much. It seemed they were trying too hard to be funny, and they were not funny at all.

• Like 2

Those presenters in 'Top Gear' USA, are so cringe worthy.... they're just impossible to watch.
It's just even worse that they run a show called Top Gear. Really shows where the BBC executives heads are.
America has a lot of good presenters, but it seems certain they didn't go above and beyond to find them for that show.

Agree.

• Like 1

Actually, and in all seriousness, a good replacement for Jeremy Clarkson could be...

Drum roll...

Guy Martin?

Breaking Top Gear news:

"The BBC has reportedly chosen a “dream team” of presenters for its new version of Top Gear, including former model Jodie Kidd.

Life on Mars star Philip Glenister and Channel 4 presenter Guy Martin have also been approached for the new series, according to reports."

<ahem>

I'm sure I suggested Guy Martin... :D

• Like 1

Interesting possible candidates. Does seem kinda problematic though... and the other side of it is how well would they all get a long on camera.

Guy Martin is a complete cowboy, very hard to understand too. I like him a lot but I can't see how the BBC would run with him. I sense too pushing him into a show like that would possibly ruin his quirky charm.

Jode Kidd, well hardly surprising they want a woman in the mix. She would be ok, but it would change the dynamic of the show completely.

Philip Glenister is pretty cool, but from what I've seen he doesn't really know a great deal about cars. He doesn't seem funny either.

It all sounds like a lot of hot air really.

Next minute they will probably announce the show is on a undetermined hiatus

• Like 2