Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Clarkson Sacked

i guess its like every time you start a new job you are a bit weird around your new work mates but you hope to click sooner or later

FTFY

Edited by M3AN

Latest rumours are that Matt LeBlanc has threatened to quite the show (the BBC has agreed to pay LeBlance for 2 seasons) over (yet) more Chris Evans abrasiveness, citing Evans' "rudeness and frosty attitude."

Evans addressed the audience during filming of the first episode, saying

“Don’t fold your arms, don’t wear black. Take it off – take everything off."

and

“Don’t fold your arms, don’t have your hands in your pockets. F***, f***, f***, f***, f***.”

Harris's M2 piece was pretty good this week.

If you've given up on the show, I'd still recommend finding that excerpt on youtube or whatever...

Harris's M2 piece was pretty good this week.

If you've given up on the show, I'd still recommend finding that excerpt on youtube or whatever...

Was that the one that said the M2 is actually the new M3, since 3 series have gotten bigger and the M2 captured the spirit of the M3s of old more?

Edited by BlackAngel

And... It looks like Mr Shouty Man is stepping down...

• Like 3

Good. He was utterly terrible. Hopefully now the rest of the presenters can get together and bond so they stop being so frigid to each other. Without evans there is potential for a decent show.

• Like 1

Aside from the resignation from TG, there may be more to this. London police are investigating a sexual assault claim a former colleague has brought, involving Evans, where he is alleged to have exposed himself and groped her breasts.

Meanwhile, Joey Matt LeBlanc looks set to take the reigns at TG.

back in the 90s though. Its bit of a stretch to make such a big deal of it. Apparently he is the sort of creep that likes getting his willy out at work "for a good laugh".

I was kinda hoping Harris or Rory would take the reigns, i like them. Joey has the energy of a dead fish and as much personality.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

Yeah... I think the story, regardless of truth or fiction, is completely incidental.

Evans has even said (with regard to Top Gear) "I gave it my best shot, and that wasn't good enough."

Good. He was utterly terrible. Hopefully now the rest of the presenters can get together and bond so they stop being so frigid to each other. Without evans there is potential for a decent show.

they need to kick sabine and eddie jordan too, they are both cringe worthy. Rory has some potential but asks the dumbest questions of guests

• Like 2

sorry guys , its a dead cat.

It an't guna work.

You cant take something that was made for/by someone else and make it fit a newbe.

They would be better off starting from new.

Do you guys not remember top gear before 2002? It's been going a f#%kload longer than that, and used to be pretty dry.

It's going through a slow and painful metamorphosis - just give it time.

I think MLB is an excellent host.

Rory is slick, though needs a bit of humility. Most particularly he is totally lost amidst Monkey's pithy barbs.

Eddie Jordan - BZZZZZZT. Get Och Aye The Noo Crazy Dave Coulthard.

Evans gave it a shot, but basically "whoo hoo" every week gets a bit boring. I'm sure Jezza spent a day a week writing metaphors and similes, culled them next week, and thus had a strong list from which to effortlessly draw whilst mid-corner. Evans was hamstrung by his personality, but clearly didn't do his homework. The producers f#$ked up by directing him to emulate Jezza. Never gonna work. MLB, by contrast, injects his own New York cool - and being an actor, has plenty to draw on.

I enjoyed the seasons - though I'm sure few viewers would have appreciated Weird Uncle Eddie with his spoon accompaniment! If only they'd chosen "Spoonman" instead of abba.

• Like 1

Much uncertainty over what will happen re Top Gear.

Matt Le Blanc was asked if he'd be back and replied "I don't know. I'd like to. There's nothing officially happening yet. Follow the BBC."

The viewer counts show a pretty interesting trend.

Although it's a bit dubious since so many viewer now watch it via downloads, streaming or other non TV mediums, so it really throws the numbers out.

Still, I think theres enough of a TV viewer trend to show a major decline. 

Latest reports are 'Joey' will return, on a salary for the 2nd series somewhere between his speculated £500k for the first series, and the (again, speculated) £1m that could have been paid to shouty man.

Matt LeBlanc doesn't need the money. He was making US$1m per episode for 'Friends'.

Where do I sign up for a job like that?

• Like 1

Would almost be happy to see Top Gear crash and burn, the PC fools who run the Beeb have killed the golden goose by sacking Clarkson. They had a clean slate, and look what they managed to produce. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Clarkson wanted to go, nothing they could do would hold him back.  The furore was probably useful for helping it to rise from the ashes.

Clarkson had to go, whether he wanted to or not. The BBC did the right thing in dumping him, it's just a bit of a pity he's apparently landed on his feet and the BBC are suffering because he's an immature, self-entitled wanker.

Even a King can't be allowed to get away with murder.

Dave, I think you may be making judgements on the persona that you see projected on the screen, confusing that with the man behind the programme.   He acts the buffoon, the immature lad - because that's what people bought into.  He is by all accounts, a very bloody intelligent and capable bloke.  

That Top Gear was taken from an average BBC TV periodical into the phenomenon it became over a few years from circa 2001, was down to Clarkson and his Producer - not a fluke of the Beeb.

cheers

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Dave, I think you may be making judgements on the persona that you see projected on the screen...

No, I like his on screen persona.

He threw his toys out of the cot and assaulted somebody. You can't do that. Period. It's unforgivable.

• Like 1

Whilst I appreciate the humourous gibe, I was somewhat logically poking fun at Dave's suggestion that Clarkson had to go because 'Even a King can't be allowed to get away with murder'.  There is however clear evidence that the BBC has in fact, for decades, allowed their kings of entertainment to do just that.  Unfortunately many, many Beeb employees have gotten away with much worse, and for longer; but the greatest noise is made on internet fora about JC.

I agree with you Dave, one cannot assault someone in the workplace, and should of course be held to account.  Clarkson wanted to go and possibly chose a sketchy way of acheiving this end; we'll never know.

... and the good news:

The Grand Tour is set to start on Amazon Prime on November 18th.  Teaser trailer here

It looks slick and sharp.

• Like 1

Yea, I cant wait for this.

I gave up on the new top gear about half way through the season.

• Like 1

On 18 September 2016 at 7:39 AM, Olaf said:

... and the good news:

The Grand Tour is set to start on Amazon Prime on November 18th.  Teaser trailer here

It looks slick and sharp.

link not working for me, is it working for others? maybe its because i am on my MacBook.