Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Clarkson Sacked

A shame. Although it was getting a bit stale.

RIP Top Gear.

• Like 1

RIP Top Gear. It's had a good run.

Then again, I can't wait to see what takes place with the legal battle next. I hope Clarkson sues them, which I'm sure he will.

And what Clarkson / Hammond / May will do next... time will tell!

It would be cool to see them do their own show... if they were motivated?? They are all very wealthy. I just got the feeling the last few seasons have just been re hashes of the same old crap... the jokes forced.

RIP Top Gear. It's had a good run.

Then again, I can't wait to see what takes place with the legal battle next. I hope Clarkson sues them, which I'm sure he will.

And what Clarkson / Hammond / May will do next... time will tell!

On an off topic. Michael, your signature. You do realise Citroen did that in the 1950's right? I love Lexus and other luxury brands press statements etc, especially when the brands didn't exist less than 50 years ago.

I remember driving a new at the time LS430 with electric assaulting air vents and the guy telling me it was new tech... he was bummed when I told him Mazda was doing that in the mid 80's... same with BMW and Mercedes their "head up displays" Nissan were doing that in the mid 80's also.

I love TG. Clarkson is hilarious and his borderline un-PC jokes are just what a stuckup country needs.

I thought this series was the best in recent memory.

Plus....

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE P1 / LA FERRARI / 918 BATTLE!!

BBC - bring back clarkson

• Like 3

It will be missed. Very few shows I enjoy these days.

The more car shows the better. 5th Gear is a bit dry most of the time. But I would still rather watch that before bed than anything on TV1/2/3/4/%

The only replacement I would accept would be Chris Harris. Because he is just as much of an arrogant opinionated wanker as Clarkson.

But they are suggesting Chris Evans. The twat from Radio 2. But he just won't fit in.

• Like 5

Yeah, I wonder if they will move onto a new platform... it's just been too stale with the forced jokes and gags that Graham mentioned.

It would be cool to see them do their own show... if they were motivated?? They are all very wealthy. I just got the feeling the last few seasons have just been re hashes of the same old crap... the jokes forced.

On an off topic. Michael, your signature. You do realise Citroen did that in the 1950's right? I love Lexus and other luxury brands press statements etc, especially when the brands didn't exist less than 50 years ago.

I remember driving a new at the time LS430 with electric assaulting air vents and the guy telling me it was new tech... he was bummed when I told him Mazda was doing that in the mid 80's... same with BMW and Mercedes their "head up displays" Nissan were doing that in the mid 80's also.

They sure did, Citroen was hugely inovative. Even today it's still a great system.

The Soarer while comparible was excuted very differently and the way it works really relies on the computers and sensors to continusly adjust the pressure valve body so the struts can respond accordingly to keep the car smooth and flat, theres next to no body roll with this thing, quite uncanny.

If I hit a fellow employee, I'd expect severe discipline at best, quite possibly sacking, and even some sort of tribunal and/or legal action taken against me. Assuming no criminal charges for assault weren't brought.

I'm saddened to see the potential demise of the program, but quite frankly he got what he deserved.

• Like 2

Clarkson can be quite obnoxious, but it isn't Top Gear without him. The crazy adventures they went on is what I enjoyed the most from Top gear recently.

Top Gear US, and Aussi both suck (In my opinion) which I think shows that it can't be replicated so easily.

I like Tiff Needell but he isn't a right fit with the other two, and I don't think anyone else is.

Edited by T.N.R
  • Like 1

If I hit a fellow employee, I'd expect severe discipline at best, quite possibly sacking, and even some sort of tribunal and/or legal action taken against me. Assuming no criminal charges for assault weren't brought.

I'm saddened to see the potential demise of the program, but quite frankly he got what he deserved.

I think this was just the last straw,

There must have been plenty of drama that wasn't publicly released within the production crew and BBC executives.

I could just imagine the friction behind the scenes.. I think that could also explain why the presenters performances have become more clinical and scripted in recent years due to rising tensions, but of course that is just my own theory.

The breaking point has finally come along!

cripted, staged, etc... that Patagonian special showed the extent of the support they have on the "specials". The gags were all a bit cringe worthy, horn inside the car, etc, etc..

The show itself is still a lot of fun though.

Agree with driftit, get Chris Harris in there to shake it up, but for that to work you would have to get rid of James and Richard, no huge loss IMHO, neither do a lot for me in terms automotive journalism and both are really just side kicks.

So, who would be the side kicks? Un knowns?

Rebeca could be good...

gjm, on 25 Mar 2015 - 4:02 PM, said:snapback.png

I ask the question. If a Co-Worker punched you, would you press charges, or be a man and punch him back, walk away, let management/HR sort it... theoretically Clarkson in this case is the boss. I don't know. Maybe its just a sign of the times and how PC everything is.. I just feel this would not have been a big deal as little as 10 years ago... but as Michale says, it could well have happened multiple times already.

And on that bombshell.

There is only one person to replace him. Me. But I am already the Stig so things could get tricky.

• Like 1

Yeah, you would think wouldn't you... it's not until you actually try to sack someone in the UK that you realise quite how difficult the task is, even where a physical assault is involved, far easier to get the cheque book out and say "how much is it going to cost to make you go away?".

Unfortunately NZ is getting along the same lines now.. "what would a fair and reasonable employer do?"

I can't imagine Clarkson landing any heavy blows. More likely a little pushing and name calling - tall people like doing that... Most men would just blow it off. From what I have read Clarkson dobbed himself in and apologised to the Producer.

On a side note I worked for a small software firm in the 90's under a scottish lady who was famous for decking the sys admin after an argument. Didn't seem to affect her career...

• Like 1

The guy he hit even didn't want him sacked. Cos if top gear goes, his job goes too. Or at the least he gets moved onto some other bbc drivel.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Clarkson landing any heavy blows. More likely a little pushing and name calling - tall people like doing that... Most men would just blow it off. From what I have read Clarkson dobbed himself in and apologised to the Producer.

On a side note I worked for a small software firm in the 90's under a scottish lady who was famous for decking the sys admin after an argument. Didn't seem to affect her career...

*pushes MD13 and calls him a mean name*

• Like 1

TBH Clarkson and Harris should just create their own show.

The only thing better than one over opinionated, egotistic, arrogant wanker thrashing cars for TV is Two of them.

It would make great TV or even internet TV.

• Like 2

Chris Harris would be good. At least you would have someone whom can drive on the program.

The rest are mostly rubbish.

^ hahaha... Boris is incredibly funny. But ultimately hates cars.

• Like 1

That is the only way the show could continue with any such following.

Just use a complete muppet as the presenter. It would have a funny, but short life.

• Like 1

That is the only way the show could continue with any such following.

Just use a complete muppet as the presenter. It would have a funny, but short life.

At the end of the day the shows doomed, James May has just said that he is no longer doing TopGear. I'd like to hope that another network would get the three and makes a whole new show. Apparently Jay Leno is a candidate?

But Jay would just stand around and talk about the cars rear louvers and double pump choke for half the show.

Needs to be an Englishman.

Harry Metcalfe could do it, as could a few of the people from EVO, its about the only trustworthy publication out there.

I say let it die. The current format is almost dead anyway, I have not watched an actual TV for well over a year, don't even have an arial.

• Like 2

At the end of the day the shows doomed, James May has just said that he is no longer doing TopGear. I'd like to hope that another network would get the three and makes a whole new show. Apparently Jay Leno is a candidate?

James didn't say that. He said it would take a lot of thinking. But that they only worked with the three of them.

So many rumors of other networks throwing money at them now.

And the police want to get involved over a small biffo...

PC bullshit. If someone hit me at work I would hit them back. Then settle it over a beer.

• Like 1

I had to laugh a Piers Morgans comment -

Your mistake was to take out all your angst on a hard-working, loyal Top Gear producer.

If you'd just whacked ME in the head again, as you did at the British Press Awards in 2004, the nation would have risen as one to applaud you. I suspect an OBE might have been in the offing, possibly even an open-top bus, ticker-tape parade of London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3011547/Piers-Morgan-Dear-Jeremy-big-mistake-hitting-loyal-hard-working-producer-not-again.html

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 2