B.M.W Ltd

Clarkson Sacked

Would almost be happy to see Top Gear crash and burn, the PC fools who run the Beeb have killed the golden goose by sacking Clarkson. They had a clean slate, and look what they managed to produce. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Clarkson wanted to go, nothing they could do would hold him back.  The furore was probably useful for helping it to rise from the ashes.

Clarkson had to go, whether he wanted to or not. The BBC did the right thing in dumping him, it's just a bit of a pity he's apparently landed on his feet and the BBC are suffering because he's an immature, self-entitled wanker.

Even a King can't be allowed to get away with murder.

Dave, I think you may be making judgements on the persona that you see projected on the screen, confusing that with the man behind the programme.   He acts the buffoon, the immature lad - because that's what people bought into.  He is by all accounts, a very bloody intelligent and capable bloke.  

That Top Gear was taken from an average BBC TV periodical into the phenomenon it became over a few years from circa 2001, was down to Clarkson and his Producer - not a fluke of the Beeb.

cheers

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Dave, I think you may be making judgements on the persona that you see projected on the screen...

No, I like his on screen persona.

He threw his toys out of the cot and assaulted somebody. You can't do that. Period. It's unforgivable.

• Like 1

Whilst I appreciate the humourous gibe, I was somewhat logically poking fun at Dave's suggestion that Clarkson had to go because 'Even a King can't be allowed to get away with murder'.  There is however clear evidence that the BBC has in fact, for decades, allowed their kings of entertainment to do just that.  Unfortunately many, many Beeb employees have gotten away with much worse, and for longer; but the greatest noise is made on internet fora about JC.

I agree with you Dave, one cannot assault someone in the workplace, and should of course be held to account.  Clarkson wanted to go and possibly chose a sketchy way of acheiving this end; we'll never know.

... and the good news:

The Grand Tour is set to start on Amazon Prime on November 18th.  Teaser trailer here

It looks slick and sharp.

• Like 1

Yea, I cant wait for this.

I gave up on the new top gear about half way through the season.

• Like 1

On 18 September 2016 at 7:39 AM, Olaf said:

... and the good news:

The Grand Tour is set to start on Amazon Prime on November 18th.  Teaser trailer here

It looks slick and sharp.

link not working for me, is it working for others? maybe its because i am on my MacBook.

9 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

link not working for me, is it working for others? maybe its because i am on my MacBook.

Yup, works fine on android.

yeah, it came from my macbook Andy - I drank the KoolAid too #; )

Could be one needs to be logged in to Amazon?  Not sure.\

cheers

Matt Le Blanc wil be the front man for the next season of Top Gear, and will be accompanied by Chris Harris and Rory Reid. Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz will make regular appearances as will (of course) The Stig.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MD13 said:

Macbooks?!? Shouldn't you guys be driving Audi's?

And have vagina's

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2016 at 4:26 PM, MD13 said:

Macbooks?!? Shouldn't you guys be driving Audi's?

it is a well-recognised fact that Audis are driven by ICT Infrastructure and Database Admins in team-lead roles, Pre-sales engineers, and junior sales hacks, all of whom run Samsung mobiles on Android, and are on Microsoft's Beta-testing list, and denounce the existence of OSX and iOS.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

it is a well-recognised fact that Audis are driven by ICT Infrastructure and Database Admins in team-lead roles, Pre-sales engineers, and junior sales hacks, all of whom run Samsung mobiles on Android, and are on Microsoft's Beta-testing list, and denounce the existence of OSX and iOS.

What is this 'OSX' and 'iOS' of which you speak?
I checked the Google store but there's nothing there...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To paraphrase & bastardise Shakespeare  "mush ado about absolutely  absolutely nothing"  who cares about Clarkson & top gear DROS DROSS DROSS and more dross - staggered how long you guys have dragged this out for you deserve a medal -

• Like 1

Almost as long as you have dragged out the whole Automatics suck thing.

Anyway.  I am looking forward to the new show.  I already have Amazon Prime which is awesome.  Just a free service as part of my free shipping service from them.  I am glad it will be on a paid service.  Mainly because I can no longer be stuffed downloading all the shows and I can't stand TV commercials.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

James May's "Jeremy Clarkson Remix of how he got SACKED**

That's not like, ass dragging on the ground, breaking sumps each week... 

And... Matt LeBlanc is leaving Top Gear, citing "the time commitment and extensive travel" as his reasons.

The usual suspects including Guy Martin are being proposed as replacement.

1 hour ago, gjm said:

And... Matt LeBlanc is leaving Top Gear, citing "the time commitment and extensive travel" as his reasons.

The usual suspects including Guy Martin are being proposed as replacement.

i think Top Gear as a franchise needs to be put to bed.Guy Martin would be awesome, but would rather him be in his own show.

• Like 2

^^^^^ Yup agree!

Ew is this show still dying a slow death haha. 

I've been watching quite a few Top Gear episodes lately, Clarksen et al of course. there is so much content it is impossible to remember everything. haven't watched any of the new new top gear apart from the first three episodes of the ginger presenter whatever his name is bouncing about the place and deciding it wasn't for me.

To be honest there's so much online car content these days you can pick and choose something that is more to the point and interests you directly. 

A lot of the top gear /  gran tour stuff is extremely tedious and scripted, with stunts and tricks 5 to 95 year olds will like. It's certainly not a formula that appeals to me these days.

While it was much the same (but better) in the early 2000s, it was at a time when the internet wasn't as big, allowing it to be one of the few car entertainment shows that offered what it did, I remember loving it then! 

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 1