Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Clarkson Sacked

Apparently Chris Evans has threatened to walk!

Any reason given? Or just because he's a pussy?

Any reason given? Or just because he's a pussy?

Probably 'artistic differences'.

Or he's a pussy.

More TG news: Matt LeBlanc (Joey from 'Friends') is set to join Chris Evans. Matt is a real car guy too - loves his Porsches (TechArt is his tuner of choice) and Ferraris (non-standard, whenever possible), and races dirt bikes. No mention of ever owning a BMW, though.

Not sure where this leaves t'other Chris and Sabine who have already been seen recording segments for the program.

More TG news: Matt LeBlanc (Joey from 'Friends') is set to join Chris Evans. Matt is a real car guy too - loves his Porsches (TechArt is his tuner of choice) and Ferraris (non-standard, whenever possible), and races dirt bikes. No mention of ever owning a BMW, though.

Not sure where this leaves t'other Chris and Sabine who have already been seen recording segments for the program.

Look closely.

CaYYFPuWQAQ37bs.jpg

I tire of how convoluted the new TG hosting arrangement has become...

If only they just called it quits and made a whole new show, the desperation they have to cling to the money making machine of the Top Gear franchise is hopeless, especially since it's star host that allowed that to happen is gone.

The convolution continues.

Latest idea is a 'pyramid' structure of presenters with his most gingerness, the Christopher of Evans, at the top.

Two people below him - Matt Le Blanc (Porsche GT2 driver) and.... Eddie Jordan. Yes. Him of F1 team ownership fame.

Below them (and I don't think I'd want to be below Chris Evans, let alone anyone else!) would be Chris Harris, Stig, Sabine Schmidt and possibly one other.

This could mean the show is going to take a slightly different direction, with less silliness and more industry news. I'd welcome that... The most recent TG format was getting a bit trying. Doesn't need a return to the days of William Woollard (did you know he was an RAF fighter pilot?) and a young Tiff Needell, but a bit more actually about cars and the like would be welcome.

surely 'actually about cars' would be missing the point? #; )

We should have an official Bimmersport Woollarding thread. Images in the Woollarding tradition, only.

In fact I think I'll start one!

EDIT: whey hey - I did!

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Look closely.

CaYYFPuWQAQ37bs.jpg

Is that Oisin Tymon at the table with pint in hand? #; )

Edited by Olaf

More TG news: Matt LeBlanc (Joey from 'Friends') is set to join Chris Evans. .

It's like he's always stuck in 2nd gear...

• Like 7

<groan...>

• Like 1

Well done!

<groan...>

I thought it wwas good! (maybe I'm drunk, or tired?)

Latest idea is a 'pyramid' structure of presenters with his most gingerness, the Christopher of Evans, at the top.

Two people below him - Matt Le Blanc (Porsche GT2 driver) and.... Eddie Jordan. Yes. Him of F1 team ownership fame.

Below them (and I don't think I'd want to be below Chris Evans, let alone anyone else!) would be Chris Harris, Stig, Sabine Schmidt and possibly one other.

Have you seen the news? Obviously the Top Gear production team have been reading my posts here as the confirmed (until another change) line-up is:

Chris Evans - commander in chief. He's ginger. He has to be in charge.

In no particular order, other presenters are:

Sabine, Chris, Eddie, Matt, Stig, and... Rory Reid.

Rory Reid?

Similar background to Chris Harris. Not typically seen on mainstream TV, but has a reasonable presence on the internet in a number of web-presented car-related programs.

Rory Reid?

Yeah I'd never come across him, but his highlight reel was pretty good I thought.

The new Top Gear will be good if they keep away from trying to replicate too much from the old show, I think having so many hosts is indicating that there will be a bit going on in each episode with differing car reviews.

I don't mind that they're keeping The Stig, it's a good, iconic element and the power-lap times is a great feature.

If it's about cars, I'll watch.

Without illegal downloading, will we see the Clarkson/Hammond/May Amazon series here?

I get the feeling that 6 hosts won't be presenting all the time. There will be a small, core group (such as Le Blanc and Evans) and then the others would chime in with particular cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have interjecting review snippets between longer segments. This is where I see the other hosts coming in...

• Like 1

Apparently there have been further 'production issues' with the new TG, pushing release back by (yet another) couple of weeks.

And, further 'differences' with the new head host of the show.

It seems Chris Evans, one-time famous ginger person and husband to one-time Dr Who girl, Billie Piper, argued against hiring Matt Le Blanc because MLB "is a has-been."

Executive producer Lisa Clark has quit after Evans insisted on last minutes changes in content and direction. Lisa Clark was also (coincidentally?) the person who suggested MLB should join the show.

Clark and Evans have been at loggerheads for some time. A script editor quit after clashing with Evans, and Evans himself threatened to walk claiming he was being micro-managed.

Suspicions are Evans thought he could 'be' Top Gear, replacing the entire previous team and Andy Wilman who was pretty autonomous in his role as producer.

Clare Pizey has been appointed as 'editorial lead', replacing the 'executive producer' role formerly filled by Lisa Clark who left after 'differences' with Chris Evans.

Pizey is very much a been there, done that lass, who durn't take no sh*t from no-one. (So to speak.) Evans will retain 'creative lead', but expect him to be shut down if he turns into a twerp.

• Like 1

woohoo, I've just got my Amazon Prime working, both on puter and on my Amazon FireTV.

So I now have a front-row seat.... when's the show starting?

The new Top Gear trailer - that's the Chris Evans 'vehicle' (LOL) on the BBC - looks to be less of an accident and more of a freeway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rur6a9QKmi4

Sabine: "Hold tight to your balls, sonny!"

Edited by gjm

I'm quite glad there's been 2 shows come out of the whole clarkson debacle.

I really enjoy the dynamic the original 3 have, especially on their yearly specials etc which are absolutely hilarious, but the new hosts (especially sabine and harris) will be able to really show what the cars can do.

Eagerly awaiting both shows.

• Like 1

First episode of the Chris Evans-led Top gear scheduled for May 29th in the UK, May 30th everywhere else.

Some content:

• Chris Evans & Sabine Schmitz: Dodge Viper ACR vs Corvette Z06 in Nevada
  • Matt LeBlanc in the Ariel Nomad
  • Evans vs LeBlanc in Reliant Rialtos
  • Guests said to be Gordon Ramsey and Jesse Eisenberg
  • Like 1

Looks like Evans is already trying to undersell Top Gear;

http://www.driven.co.nz/news/lifestyle/another-pitt-stop-hollywood-hunk-brad-pulls-out-of-top-gear/?ref=viva_networkfooter

I'm more looking forward to 'the grand tour' with the original hosts, but I will give both a shot.

have been enjoying various 5th Gear episodes on youtube lately, its full of snippets and most of them are legitimate uploads.