Sign in to follow this  
DS99

New member // E91 335i & E46 M3

Hi Guys,

I have been a BMW fan for years, so thought I should join this site and see what it's all about.

Current cars are an Imported (Japan) 335i E91 wagon, and NZ New E46 M3 SMG. Have owned an NZ New 328i M Manual coupé previous to these cars, brought it at 170km and took it to 344km over 6 years, was easily the best car I've ever owned over a long period of time. The E91 is for sale, turns out I can live with the M3 as a daily driver just fine.....

Cheers,

Dan

post-52365-0-68408500-1427336407_thumb.jpost-52365-0-63832400-1427336031.pngpost-52365-0-85800700-1427336367.jpg

• Like 2

I love the E91, easily the best looking BMW wagon out in years and will hopefully be my next daily.

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Just dragged myself away from the cricket for 10 minutes to check Bimmersport out, got to say you`ve got some great stuff in your driveway Dan..............

Cheers guys. I'd really like to be involved with any Auckland events / meet ups. Good opportunities to get the car out and about, and meet similar people with similar cars too.

How does this work usually ?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers. Will keep a look out for what's happening and try to show up at the next meet.

Very nice cars! So hard to walk past a tidy E46 M3.

So did you already own the 335i before buying the M3 and kept it in-case you didn't want to daily the M3?

Very nice cars! So hard to walk past a tidy E46 M3.

So did you already own the 335i before buying the M3 and kept it in-case you didn't want to daily the M3?

Thanks mate, yeah I had owned the 335i for a little while and had always been looking for a super tidy NZ New M3 to use as a Sunday car, so when that came up on TradeMe I went to look at it and made an offer on the spot subject to inspection. The M3 is just too much fun to leave in the garage, so the 335i is on the market. The missus has a bigger car so I figured we can just use that if space is needed, a lot of the driving I do is down to the Wairarapa and Hawkes Bay, so perfect M3 roads.

I've entered it in the Gumboot Rally 2/3 May, looks like fun :)

Cheers,

Dan

i would have such a hard time choosing between the m3 and the 335..

I know the M3 you purchased, nice car, congrats!

Have a chat to Ray @ HellBM - a few things you can do to improve the stock experience

i would have such a hard time choosing between the m3 and the 335..

Put it this way, if I had a lot more money I'd keep both... the 335i (to me anyway) is the perfect daily driver..... but I can't justify keeping both so the M3 wins.... we all know the noise those S54's make, and it's addictive....

I was in the position of choosing either an E46 M3, a 335i or my eventually winner the 135i. I had the M3 on loan for 48hrs and it did not make the decision any easier! That noise was something special, but the fact that i driver over 600kms a week for work, I couldn't put my faith in maintaining the M3. Plus an ideal 135i popped up before the ideal M3 did :P

Look forward to meeting you and your car!

I know the M3 you purchased, nice car, congrats!

Have a chat to Ray @ HellBM - a few things you can do to improve the stock experience

Cheers Nick, the car is currently getting a few cosmetic touch ups with Precision Autowerk to bring it to near mint condition (front end respray, a few tiny dents removed on the front doors and wings and full cut and polish to remove the odd small scratch) I’m also going to spend a bit of money on the interior and get a new SMG shifter (worn) and the main interior trim taken off and repainted by VPL in Ponsonby, It should be pretty mint after that. I was then planning to take it up to Ray to introduce myself. Mechanically it's in very good condition, Jerry Claytons have done the rear subframe and SMG pump in the last 15km, and I got them to do a few other bits and pieces like the l/h window regulator, rear discs and pads and rear upper shock mounts after they did the 100 point pre-purchase inspection and noted these things needed doing. The car was sold by them originally and it has nearly all of its service history with them also. I have used them for years and always found them to be excellent, but a week or so ago I came across HellBM so will be keen to see what they can offer for the car in future also.

How long have you had your M3, is it SMG ? What mods etc ?

Cheers,

Dan

I was in the position of choosing either an E46 M3, a 335i or my eventually winner the 135i. I had the M3 on loan for 48hrs and it did not make the decision any easier! That noise was something special, but the fact that i driver over 600kms a week for work, I couldn't put my faith in maintaining the M3. Plus an ideal 135i popped up before the ideal M3 did :P

Look forward to meeting you and your car!

The 135i is the driving man's 335i, the same power less a few hundred kilo's equals smiles all round :) Yeah, 600km a week would get a bit costly on the M3 I'm sure, mine runs the factory 19's as well which does not helps with costs, but I found a 2nd hand tyre importer in Mt Roskill who has nearly anything and everything ex Germany/UK, I got 2 x Conti sport contact 3's 255/35/19 with 6mm tread in mint condition for $500 for the pair...

You should enter the 135i in the Gumboot rally 2/3 May, can meet you then !

Cheers,

Dan

The m3 is not bad on gas on the open road...but I guess it's how you drive it hahaha

• Like 1

The m3 is not bad on gas on the open road...but I guess it's how you drive it hahaha

Well, M3's make their best noise by using the most fuel..... can't win ! ha ha

Well, M3's make their best noise by using the most fuel..... can't win ! ha ha

So true. Third gear at 100kmh and full throttle makes a lovely noise. Especially with an intake and decent exhaust

So true. Third gear at 100kmh and full throttle makes a lovely noise. Especially with an intake and decent exhaust

Not quite sure what I'll be able to do with mods for mine exhaust wise or other, Jerry Claytons underwrote an Autosure platinum M car warranty for it for 24 months, so I imagine that they'll be not too interested in me making mechanical mods to the car ! Still, I reckon if you've got the option of a mechanical warranty on an M car you should take it.... ?

the one true mod you can do is to flash the smg CSL style! ask ray/tom about it :)

• Like 1

the one true mod you can do is to flash the smg CSL style! ask ray/tom about it :)

Cheers :)