Sign in to follow this  
Duddley

Woah - e24 M6

373348201.jpg

373348349.jpg

If any of you guys were to buy this and modify it in anyway, I'll cut you good

Edited by Duddley
  • Like 3

286BHP when new and considered a Supercar. Scary how little that is these days when a stock Holden Commodore has more power.

I would be calling Brent Hartage and asking where he found the extra ponies in his, would have to get it up there!!

• Like 2

Thinking about buying it and rusting it with big shiny wheels

• Like 5

$60k? Jeepers. There was a stunning one in the Waikato on Trademe last year for about half that, wasn't there?

Big money, but helluva car.

I had one, back in the UK - Graphite paint (not black! ;) ). Fabulous car. Horribly expensive for suspension and brake parts.

Had a ride in a Dinan M6 while visiting the US - it was like someone had just taken the M635CSi to a whole new level, several rungs up.

I know this car very well. I met Ross Jensen and his M6 in 2000 at a gas station in Parnell. I asked him if he'd sell it -and he joked "stand in line." I remember how he told me he bought in Germany then drove it around Europe before sending it home.

A few years later his estate sold it to Global Prestige in Parnell in 2004. By that time I already had a M6. They sold it for $32k to a Kumeu-based car dealer /collector who had it for sale straight away for $60k. No takers for years despite continual marketing in NZ and Oz. I had an opportunity to buy it for half that in 2009 when the owner really seemed motivated to sell. The day I took it for a drive the radiator blew . For the third time I decided against buying it. It then went with the dealer/collector to his new home in the Sth island. Last I heard was that it was sold to the Jeff Gray group and was in their Wgtn showroom for awhile. Someone's replaced the ///m badge on the front grill with ///m6 which the US cars got.

Had some rust issues -sorted out apparently. Had a rust hole repaired around the back window while at Global Prestige. Quite tight example by virtue of its mileage. Drives well. Very original including the rare m tech body kit. Priced right for a lovely pre-Highline M6 these days for the UK market - it might command 25k -30k pounds in the over there because of the provenance and mileage. Deserves to be in a collection. However how many collectors are there in Nz wanting to pay that sort of coin? I hope there are some. It is a great car and deserves to be looked after.

A date with a tooth brush, some resene revive and new plastics wouldnt go a miss in the engine bay. Cheap fixes for easier command of price. No body really likes a dirty engine bay.

• Like 1

Theres one of these at Barry Cottle Motors in Mosgiel (a little town about 20 mins out of Dunedin). Think they are asking 28-32000 for it, it's been there for a while. Will try and get some more details on it, don't see many of them around at all.

Cheers mate - I have a register of the cars in NZ and keen to know of some of the M6's that live in the South Island. I know of a Dolphin grey example that went to Dunedin from Hamilton 2-3 years ago. There are a couple of examples in Queenstown that I know of. There were originally around 20 that were delivered new to NZ. Now with imports around 30-40.

there was a couple of those lhd japan ones floating around

635csiA converted with m88 engines

• Like 1

Got a quick snap of it as I headed out to my parents place for tea tonight, didn't want to get too many as the dealer was watching me and then I'd end up in conversation :D

It's automatic and the rego tag was 1986, also lhd.

post-51475-0-34534000-1428576380_thumb.j

Got a quick snap of it as I headed out to my parents place for tea tonight, didn't want to get too many as the dealer was watching me and then I'd end up in conversation :D

It's automatic and the rego tag was 1986, also lhd.

I thought all E24 M635CSis came with a manual gearbox...? Surely this is not an M635CSi and 'just' a 635CSi?

Certainly RealOEM seems to think so.

Edited by gjm

there where a few specials , just made up for the japan market , basically they where a 635csi auto then fitted with a m88 engine ,

so no rear mounted battery etc