Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Tyres

Drove over 2000km over the holidays on the tyres pic'd previously.

Very happy with performance. Far 'lower' squeel than previous set, which had a high pitched squeel. Good in wet.

Weak point: although it is predicable when they let go, its not quite as progressive as I would like, slightly on/off.

Edited by m325i

You must drive like a granny if you can get 55,000 km to a set of tyres.

Having driven on both with the same amount of wear , the grip difference is significant and particularly in the wet when the zeros deal better with water than the GIII ever will.

I had Yoko 539 tyres on my alfa , they were noisy and crap in the wet at speed, much like the GIII.

Feel and performance of the zeroes is fun (not a challenge) every day regardless of conditions.

Also $800 for 55,000 km is 1.45 cents per km not .65 and the comparion would be either cost of both types at your wear rate or cost at my wear rate for both sets of tyres.

I would cut out a set of G III in less than 20,000 which is 4 cents per km at best

You might get 50,000 from the zeroes which would be 3.2 cents per km or just over double what you are paying to drive on mediocre tyres.

My Granny was into motorsport before your parents where born B) and I'll leave you to driving "at speed in wet" :unsure: .

Driving is mainly commuting. Car does get the odd nudge, with a few twisty roads not far from our NZ residence. Running factory M-tech suspension / no track like camber settings. Have developed a smoother driving style over the years in the car.

Wet weather grip has been well and truly tested going down Nauranga Gorge when a car spun in front, had to brake, take evasive action change lanes etc. Car didn't loose control in wet, GIII tyres are up to it in my book. My car at 140 kw (maybe 100kw at wheels) which is used on the road doesn't merit S03's/Pilots/Zero's/ A048's. I'd only go that way if I got serious about track day. (Probably A048's , they work well on Exiges :D )

Only place in my garage for sticky rubber is on the Motorcycle. Get 3500 -5000 km out of a tyre. Pushing 80 kw through a single 180 section tyre has it's challenges. Don't want to add two more cars unnecessarily to the tyre bill

My Granny was into motorsport before your parents where born  and I'll leave you to driving "at speed in wet"

I seriously doubt that! He's no boy racer.