Apex

Quick rant thread.

I absolutely hate Vodafone, but been using cable for a couple years and suprisingly it's been completely flawless. Had the Vodafone cable TV with it the first year, what a f**ken joke that was.

I've been on telstra clear/voda cable since 2003, upgraded to their high-speed offering a couple of years ago, and 100mbps/unlimited for more than a year. I get 125mbps down, 12mbps up, and 8ms ping, so when its working, it's excellent.

Voda Cable TV is excellent insofar as no rain fade, though the user interface is not ideal SkyTV have clearly eyed up Voda Cable TV and decided to do worse with their new Sky interface so I'm laughing. #; )

I used to work for Voda, now I work for Sky... might as well blame me... ;)

• Like 1

I used to work for Voda, now I work for Sky... might as well blame me... ;)

Then can you explain why you're pushing for new customers with good deals and screwing over existing sky customers?

• Like 1

existing sky customers deserve all they get; poor service, high cost, lies.... Sky is for the lazy, the cool kids 'cut the cable' and went streaming a year or more ago. I'm just looking to wean my kids and Mrs off of sky-via-voda cable and we're done.

next week's project is to get my Amazon Prime streaming working, and I'll be golden.

Moved house Friday. Arranged with Vodafone a month ago to sort the connection out, was told a technician would come Friday. Still haven't got an answer as to when I will have internet. Slowly dying.

tourist drivers

Had my first dose yesterday of the stereotypical ones that have been making the news lately.

Rental car pulls out into SW1 by Wiaouru. I brake hard (70k zone) . About 50 meters later the tourists car just comes to a standstill in the middle of the road. Occupants are just looking around Wiaouru from the middle of the road!

Sound the horn and the driver finally realised they weren't the only car on the road. So they pull across in front of an oncoming car. Another near miss.

All for tourist being able to drive here, but clearly some don't have the basic skills to drive on our roads. Basic test needed before letting them loose !

• Like 2

Hi Neal might like to extend that thought to some kiwi drivers as well :D

• Like 3

Hi Neal might like to extend that thought to some kiwi drivers as well :D

Allan, too true but this was similar to a DIC driver. Absolutely clueless to what was happening around then.

Not looking forward to the return trip home in a few weeks.

Hear what you are saying two examples come to mind State highway traffic flowing along great next thing a blaze of brake lights about five cars ahead a car turns right no indication i could see then a sign on the side of the road strawberry's for sale but plenty of room on the left to pull over. No 2 vehicle moves close to almost on top of centre line following vehicle slows and moves left. The first vehicle totally oblivious to the vehicle s behind does a right turn into a drive way no indication cloud of smoke horn given a thrashing I dare say a bit of blue language.Both of these drivers didn't seem to have a clue what mayhem they had coursed by their action got to wonder if people have their brain engaged when getting behind the wheel.

"really good driver. seen a lot of accidents in his rear view mirror, though".

Hear what you are saying two examples come to mind State highway traffic flowing along great next thing a blaze of brake lights about five cars ahead a car turns right no indication i could see then a sign on the side of the road strawberry's for sale but plenty of room on the left to pull over. No 2 vehicle moves close to almost on top of centre line following vehicle slows and moves left. The first vehicle totally oblivious to the vehicle s behind does a right turn into a drive way no indication cloud of smoke horn given a thrashing I dare say a bit of blue language.Both of these drivers didn't seem to have a clue what mayhem they had coursed by their action got to wonder if people have their brain engaged when getting behind the wheel.

Strawberry's for sale reminds me... Saw a sign for this years ago on a highway and noticed cars slowing suddenly - lady was sunning herself topless beside the van. Couldn't really blame the rubberneckers that day.

SUV drivers who think they have a right to join a highway from a slip road. Don't these idiots know the dotted line means 'give way'? It doesn't mean use your plastic fantastic souped up Toyota Yaris on stilts to push other cars around.

Then can you explain why you're pushing for new customers with good deals and screwing over existing sky customers?

No, I can't sorry. Something along the lines of 'you're wasting bait on a hooked fish'...

But I do know that for almost all large companies the retention team is reactive and under-resourced and the acquisition team is proactive and highly incentivised.

• Like 1

No, I can't sorry. Something along the lines of 'you're wasting bait on a hooked fish'...

But I do know that for almost all large companies the retention team is reactive and under-resourced and the acquisition team is proactive and highly incentivised.

True story, coming from an IT company it is much of the same, driving for new business and no focus on the actual delivery until it is put into the spotlight.

• Like 1

Pro tip: if you're a long term customer in good standing and call them when they have a new subscriber promotion and complain that you're never offered anything nice you'll get a free month (may require a couple of polite but insistent calls). Do that annually and you save ~8% a year. Doesn't work during friend-get-friend promotions because that's considered a benefit to existing customers also. Watch out for the "get free sport/movies for 3 months when you join" promos. ;)

Also try asking for, if they're of benefit to you:

Free HD Ticket - $10/m

Free Sky Watch - $2.66/m

You're unlikely to get them all but anything you get adds up in the end.

Didn't hear it from me.

Edit: more tips...

HD ticket is credited if you have multi-room

Multi-room can actually be multi-property as long as you don't admit it (but everybody already knows that right?)

Sky Watch should be free if you've been a continuous subscriber for (approx) 15+ years

Edited by M3AN

just done 2100km, only issue was people failing to keep left on dual carriage ways, but did notice people seem to be much more aware of a high top transit barreling up behind them rather than a BMW and do move over.

• Like 1

F*#king internet and cable TV gone out at home. on thursday. before a long weekend. power reset cable modem. called voda. nope, can't find your modem. We'll have to send an engineer. next wednesday.

Had the same thing over a long weekend... so do what I did... Told hem if they weren't here within 24 hours then they could pick up their decoder from the skip outside my house... Bloke turned up three days later and pulled the decoder out of the skip and left!

Edited by Red Dwarf
  • Like 9

Day 5 with no internet. I have discovered CDs and actual radio. And books. I am beginning to learn things. It scares me.

• Like 5

Day 5 with no internet. I have discovered CDs and actual radio. And books. I am beginning to learn things. It scares me.

Books.

I like books.

• Like 2

Red turning arrows. What's the actual point? No one is crossing the road, there's no one with a green arrow on other side, so why am I waiting!!!! Usually I just go through if main light is green. f**k em

True story, coming from an IT company it is much of the same, driving for new business and no focus on the actual delivery until it is put into the spotlight.

1. hunting vs farming.

2. never confuse sales with delivery.

The good news was they turned up Tuesday and fixed it quickly - 'loose connection at pole'. I wonder if it was like the old days with copper pairs - new install nicked yer pair. blammo, dis. Anyway, our offspring are delighted they have internet again.

I always read books. I'm reading Wishart's latest book about the Olivia Hope/Ben Smart disappearances. It's not a thrilling read like Lawyers Guns and Money or the Paradise Conspiracy, but it certainly is interesting. I'm half way through and already I am convinced that although the conviction may be unsound, they certainly have the right guy in prison.