Apex

Quick rant thread.

Ants

Mosquitoes

White Tails

Only the flies get me rarked up!

I ran out of flyspray, so I had to start using air freshener (and a lighter :D). Only one noticable scorchmark, but I got the little a**hole (and over 70 of his mates). Got some more of those sticky paper things from china last night B) .

The joys of country living!

• Like 2

Possums................... trapped 12 in 14 days. The trouble is...no one else around me does it as well... the native hawks luv me though

• Like 3

Possums................... trapped 12 in 14 days. The trouble is...no one else around me does it as well... the native hawks luv me though

you skinning them as well, Glenn? 'be a waste not to.

A bloke I knew years ago started walking his boundaries every evening and every morning with a .22 with moderator and subs**, dispatching possums, rabbits, general pests. His pasture improved well beyond that of his neighbours, and his livestock condition improved to give him better prices at auction.

** don't try this in a residential area, readers!

I've also got my cannons... Winchester 6 shot semi and a 22 Remington Magnum Auto. Can't be buggered skinning them. I bury or feed the hawks

• Like 1

^^^ I'm getting $110 a kg for the fur. 12 to 14 possums to a kg.

I usually just keep in in a bag in the shed till I've got 4 or 5 kg then take it in.

Nice little bit of pocket money..

• Like 2

More right hand lane hogs. I'll confess to having been in a bit of a (very calm) hurry today, but FFS - 85 in the right hand lane with nothing on the inside ought to be a punishable offence. I flashed my lights at one car and got the finger from the passenger... He had one bare foot hanging out of the window, and the other on the dash while his female driver looked scared.

And if you pass on the inside, you're obviously a raving looney speed freak who shouldn't have a license. Couldn't I see the lorry in the inside lane up ahead? Actually, no I couldn't. It had already gone round the corner 800m up the road!

• Like 4

So i had a radiator re-cored for the e21 about 15 years ago, been in storage since, i install it this morning and it @#$/^& leaks! Why cant sh1t just last forever!!!

• Like 1

Vacuum leaks. And on the V12 so this could get expensive fast. <_<:unsure:

V12 manifold rubber intake elbows @ $600 X 4 = $$$$ last time a bought them

• Like 2

if the M73 has the little valves on the rockers covers on both sides that go into the intakes, just above the front cylinder on both banks,

put some hose clamps around them they are just pressure fitted which i found to be inadequate on mine.

• Like 1

I'll have a look thanks Andy. It has the typical run rough while cold then smooths out when warm symptoms.

Really hope it turns out to be something simple. I'm not really wanting to look at the prices of the intake manifold gaskets just yet..lol

by the way no need to pay $600 per gasket, they are available genuine BMW $250ish a piece, still $1k sure but not almost $2500.

Can also get non-genuine for cheaper again.

much more daunting to change than they actually are, half an hour a side tops. they fail when weight is put on the intakes as they are a 3 dimensional shape not a flat paper gasket etc. Jooles did them a year or two back on his 850 as well i think.

come to think of it the seals around said valve i mentioned earlier (if your car has them) also common failure, 20 year old rubber now will be hard as. mine just crumbled away.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

So i had a radiator re-cored for the e21 about 15 years ago, been in storage since, i install it this morning and it @#$/^& leaks! Why cant sh1t just last forever!!!

you can be happy that (undoubtedly) the re-core shop you used at the turn of the millennium is no longer in business.

SH1 northbound between HD and Meremere. Again.

The annual migration of the lesser-spotted working roadworker (working ones do exist, just haven't seen many lately) has reached Dragway Road. Part of the road southbound from there towards Meremere has been lightly scraped, had some black goo squirted on it, and a couple of lorries full of chippings have dropped their loads while driving around.

Effect: disrupt traffic to change the road surface. (More on that in a moment.) A friend has lost another windscreen as a result, our 320d has another chip out of the windscreen and less paint on the bonnet. I need a new visor for my motorcycle helmet after being peppered with chippings, and the bike's headlight lens has been chipped... This happened the day after the road re-opened completely, and along the piece of untouched road immediately after the "roadworks" where loose chippings had spread from the working area to road surface that escaped being 'repaired.'

Change the road surface? Yup. They've 'repaired' the bit that didn't actually need repairing - the northbound carriageway north of Dragway Road heading towards Meremere. The northbound carriageway approaching Dragway Road from Hampton Downs is an absolute disaster area, and has been for some time. It is badly rutted in places with large areas of surface completely missing. There are potholes, and there are areas where the road surface has lifted away and now moves when you drive over it. Add to that the crap being sprayed around by cars and lorries driving over it, and it's like hell week on the highways for a motorcyclist. Road bike? Enduro is more like it.

It's so reassuring that they'll be back to do it all again next year. And the year after. And the year after that...

• Like 2

And yet the government (NZTA) still pays there invoices. Clearly there is no check anywhere in New Zealand between the work being "completed" and the invoice being signed off for payment.

• Like 1

that's why Fletchers brought Higgins for 400million

And yet the government (NZTA) still pays there invoices. Clearly there is no check anywhere in New Zealand between the work being "completed" and the invoice being signed off for payment.

I can only think someone made a 'mistake' and resurfaced the wrong bit of road. On the way back this evening, I could see where whole sections are starting to peel clear of whatever is underneath. (Probably last year's 'new' surface.)

I see they have started to resurface some of SH2 northbound past the interchange. Only done the LH lane, but at least they did it in hot mix. What i dont understand is why there is now a single solid yellow line between the lanes.

I see they have started to resurface some of SH2 northbound past the interchange. Only done the LH lane, but at least they did it in hot mix. What i dont understand is why there is now a single solid yellow line between the lanes.

Saw that today and it's down to 30kmh over night tonight

Can I claim for damage to my car (windscreen, paint damage, dents in bonnet) and motorbike (looks like I need a new oil cooler now), and a new visor for my motorbike helmet, given that damage was a direct result of poorly performed road repairs?