Apex

Quick rant thread.

We move in different circles.

All I have seen is celebrations at the old flag being retained!

It should never, ever have been treated as a left and right debate.

Lefties single handedly ruined the exercise by politicising the whole thing.

If the Nats had said right this is the flag we are changing to, then of course there needs to be debate, but when as much as is possible of the process is decided by the people, left and right shouldn't come into it at all.

f209e2f994607a22986a87e0452fe8c6.jpg missed opportunity is all the outcome represents a la this photo

The RSA is going on they fought for the NZ flag, but way are the one's that died for the NZ flag oversea,

buried overseas under the silver fern you only have to google" NZ war graves op TEXEL"

The RSA is going on they fought for the NZ flag, but way are the one's that died for the NZ flag oversea,

buried overseas under the silver fern you only have to google" NZ war graves op TEXEL"

This whole argument is stupid, both sides of it. Yes there are ferns on graves overseas, yes there are many thousands of gravestones without ferns on them too. Currently deceased servicemen are buried in a casket dressed with the current flag, and it does hold a special importance to soldiers.

Unfortunately many don't understand that importance as they have never stood to attention morning and night as it is raised and lowered. They have never fired a 21 gun salute to say goodbye to a friend, or hoisted the casket dressed in the flag. Many of those that have, and indeed everyone I have spoken too have said that the flag holds a special place in their heart, myself included.

To belittle that importance without knowing it personally, as many journalists and others have done so, I find to be extremely insulting. Yes there are reasons why people may want to change the flag, but that particular one is not a good one at all. The RSA hold their position on it for a reason, we may not fully understand it, however we should still respect it.

• Like 3

Argh.

Shops that do your wheel bolts up with an air gun! My electric impact gun won't loosen them and I broke a 3/8" 2.5" extension trying with a lever.

80Nm for wheel nuts, not 300!!!

Can't get my wheels off until Tuesday now. :-/

Argh.

Shops that do your wheel bolts up with an air gun! My electric impact gun won't loosen them and I broke a 3/8" 2.5" extension trying with a lever.

80Nm for wheel nuts, not 300!!!

Can't get my wheels off until Tuesday now. :-/

If they are that tight, it's worth complaining. That much torque can damage a bolt, thread, or even your wheel.

If they are that tight, it's worth complaining. That much torque can damage a bolt, thread, or even your wheel.

Agreed. I'm not that impressed.

You will need 1/2" rather than 3/8. Even at normal torque it is a load for 3/8. I've even split a Stahlwille !/2" socket on tight nuts before. Use impact sockets now.

• Like 2

yep, 3/8" aint for wheel bolts. a 1/2" socket, short extension, good 1/2 strong-arm (bar), and a 1.5 metre length of pipe (to slip over the strong-arm) should be enough to ease any over-tightened wheel bolt, with carefully applied torque.

Next time you go to a shop, specify "final tightened with torque wrench to 90 Nm" if the wheels are coming off. At least that should prevent the shop monkey leaning on the rattle gun at setting three.

Another long week-end and more crap driving on the roads.

It seems Easter is the holiday that every sh*t box Mobile Home / ute / 4x4 decides to tow a clapped out trailer / boat / horse box up some of the biggest hills in the country.

If your piece of crap can't manage the speed limit on a flat, straight highway then it shouldn't be on the road full stop.

• Like 4

Having to get up to go to work while the rest of my family gets to stay at home\asleep. Worse my car is running rough and the engine check light just came on :-(

Instagram is coming to an end. Implementing the same BS "We control your content" that Facebook has.

Will have to find another great place to look at car pictures whilst taking a sh*t now.

I have never seen so many cars with damage as I have in DC. Nearly every car has hammered bumpers front and rear. I have watched how it happens. Everyone just uses the cars in front and behind to feel their way into car parks. It is worse than you think too. I have seen some near new cars with a ton of damage.

Friends of ours said to never buy anything nice whilst living in DC. Prob just get some 2002-2005 E46 330i that I won't care about. Dime a dozen here.

• Like 4

If your piece of crap can't manage the speed limit on a flat, straight highway then it shouldn't be on the road full stop.

Phew, my Beetle is OK then - By the time I'm half way to Auckland, I can usually get to the speed limit :lol: Still, it's much faster than the Model A is ;)

I even manage to get out of the way when required, instead of telling everyone to "get bent" and "suck my fumes"!

It's not really the cars problem of course, it's the a**hole driving, who doesn't give a sh*t about the other road users.

• Like 1

Instagram is coming to an end. Implementing the same BS "We control your content" that Facebook has.

Will have to find another great place to look at car pictures whilst taking a sh*t now.

I have never seen so many cars with damage as I have in DC. Nearly every car has hammered bumpers front and rear. I have watched how it happens. Everyone just uses the cars in front and behind to feel their way into car parks. It is worse than you think too. I have seen some near new cars with a ton of damage.

Friends of ours said to never buy anything nice whilst living in DC. Prob just get some 2002-2005 E46 330i that I won't care about. Dime a dozen here.

heh heh, I remember first time I went to DC in the 90's. I needed some spring compressors, looked up a couple of likely places. A friend looked on the map on her office wall, said "where you thinking of going? NO! don't go there - carved up the map into quadrants and said "don't go here, don't go there - unless you're looking to get shot". It was the murder capital back then. The touch parking in DC had nothing on Mexico City!

Enjoy, it was a neat place to visit back then, I'm sure it's still fun now. Snow tires for your winter.

Olaf

Very safe these days. Unless your a gang member on the East side. So much more livable than NZ cities. And far cheaper.

• Like 1

^ but we are told Auckland is the best place in the world to be! we can't be lied to! :3

Oh god. The propaganda is strong in NZ huh.

I tell locals that the average house price in NZ is over $800K and show them a few pictures. They wonder why we stay there and why someone would pay that much money for a sh*t house. Then I remind them they can either vote for Clinton or Trump and they ask where to sign up.

• Like 5

Oh god. The propaganda is strong in NZ huh.

I tell locals that the average house price in NZ is over $800K and show them a few pictures. They wonder why we stay there and why someone would pay that much money for a sh*t house. Then I remind them they can either vote for Clinton or Trump and they ask where to sign up.

Huh, maybe in Auckland. Pretty much lap of luxury here for circa $350k. As long as you can find an industry that makes you employable here.

Huh, maybe in Auckland. Pretty much lap of luxury here for circa $350k. As long as you can find an industry that makes you employable here.

That's pretty much the problem. NZ has become centralised causing a disparity in work availability with a knock-on issue with housing and local resource.

I wonder what would happen if the banks and a couple of other major players suddenly said they were closing up in Auckland and moving NZ operations to Hamilton, or Palmy?

That's pretty much the problem. NZ has become centralised causing a disparity in work availability with a knock-on issue with housing and local resource.

I wonder what would happen if the banks and a couple of other major players suddenly said they were closing up in Auckland and moving NZ operations to Hamilton, or Palmy?

I'd sell up and get rich? :D one can dream.

Plenty of jobs here, just gotta pick the right industry from the get go, and also realise that with a lower cost of living $50-70k isn't a terrible wage.

• Like 2

I'd sell up and get rich? :D one can dream.

Plenty of jobs here, just gotta pick the right industry from the get go, and also realise that with a lower cost of living $50-70k isn't a terrible wage.

We like Wanganui... At the moment a teenage daughter in the last couple of years of high school mean we're staying put so as not to disrupt her education. What we'll do after that remains to be seen!

• Like 1

and all your Auckland housing problems are now causing huge issues down here in Wellington. Houses selling for hundreds of thousands over RV, and too many buyers going in unconditional (3/4 of buyers atm!). We've decided to put off our house hunting until the market crashes.

• Like 1

^ agreed.

We seriously need a one child policy and to shut down immigration entirely for a few generations.

**I am not anti-immigrants nor anti-children, I'm anti-population increase.

• Like 1

We seriously need a one child policy and to shut down immigration entirely for a few generations.

A policy that involved looking at mistakes made around the world, and not copying them, would be useful too.

• Like 8

^ agreed.

**I am not anti-immigrants nor anti-children, I'm anti-population increase.

What other big ideas have you got mate? There must be some real good stuff going on upstairs with gems like that

• Like 4