Apex

Quick rant thread.

Disclaimer: I visited the Hamilton Beer & Wine Company this evening and have been enjoying what we bought.

People who think 'superlow'-branded springs provide better vfm and ride quality than a proper H&R, Bilstein/Eibach or similar suspension set up, even at comparable prices.

• Like 1

Maybe the staff should of thought about it before bitching and moaning about their pay and contracts. Now they've just been replaced.

and many companies will go the same way as more and more people can no longer participate in the "normal" economy because they have been "replaced".the sh*t will hit the fan soon as inequality grows

The US department of homeland security website.

If you are old enough. Think early 90's. Before the internet was really a thing. BBS quality website.

Contradicts itself throughout the website multiple times. There is no Black and White rules because they leave most things up to the digression of the immigration staff at the time of entry. Fingers crossed you don't get someone who had a complete wanker in line before you.

It is all worth it though.

And than this happened, bloody truck drivers, took the bumper of as well.

Not damaged just puled out the rivets.

Nothing I cant fix.

quick question, are you allowed to use bonnet pins to connect the bumper.

will still have the aluminium bar behind it.

cheers

post-3075-0-41991400-1466754432.jpg

post-3075-0-74221200-1466754481.jpg

post-3075-0-54732000-1466754517.jpg

How did he not see you...?

Tears in his eyes?

• Like 2

And than this happened, bloody truck drivers, took the bumper of as well.

Not damaged just puled out the rivets.

Nothing I cant fix.

quick question, are you allowed to use bonnet pins to connect the bumper.

will still have the aluminium bar behind it.

cheers

Well that sucks! Did you get the rego of the truck?

Have a look at point #3 here it seems you'll need to be careful to comply or perhaps be unable to with protruding bonnet pins.

Edit: also here (PDF) from NZTA.

Edited by M3AN

Have a look at point #3 here it seems you'll need to be careful to comply or perhaps be unable to with protruding bonnet pins.

DZUS fasteners could be an option , these sit flat.

Have them on my removable mini front.

DZUS fasteners could be an option , these sit flat.

Have them on my removable mini front.

Cheers for that.

Yep we did stop, I could have claimed it on his insurance, but I am not like that, I can fix it my self

and I already fibre glassed the aluminium bar in to my bumper, and made a new peace to go in to my mud guard.

• Like 2

Tailgaters. Damn it.

The person in front of me at 100kph traveling about 4 meters behind a truck in the rain and then the person tailgating me as well. Come on people. Really?

A little change of line to dip a couple of wheels in the stones often fixes tailgaters. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Phonecall the day of my LASIK. "Oh sorry the laser is broken". Guess I'll be enjoying my two weeks leave still wearing glasses.

People being advised to undergo surgery when the surgeons dont really have a clue what the issue is ^^^^^^ You might've dodged a bullet there Paul . . . sent you a link.

People being advised to undergo surgery when the surgeons dont really have a clue what the issue is ^^^^^^ You might've dodged a bullet there Paul . . . sent you a link.

I have very bad astigmatism and myopia, both of which can be clearly seen in maps of my eye. The surgeon knows exactly what is wrong, and so do I and I know the risks. I was not advised to undergo surgery, I researched it and chose it myself.

No worries. Just thought that a neurosurgeon's perspective (in contrast to an eye doc's viewpoint) might shed some light (pun intended) on the potential flow on effects lasik can have in terms of dopamine, DHA, the suprachiasmatic nucleus and endocrine systems etc. IOW, things that have unintended consequences if looking at the eye in terms of eyesight only which can be a myopic perspective (sorry couldn't help it). I hope your research enables you to know what all that means.

Genuinely hope it goes well for you. Have a great holiday.

<<<waiting for the next rant post to be about know it alls :lol:

Edited by BlackAngel

living near quarries who constantly cover the road in wet muck so after washing your car it is dirty again within a few km

All day in the worlds three worst words put together

Toyota

Camry

Hybrid

Loosing my will to live, suddenly I can't wait for the Falcon to be fixed. Which tells how bad this is.

These things are terrible. Choppy, trying to be sporty suspension that then floats like a boat, with no power and more Eco buttons then I care to count, and none of them seem to do anything.

Headlights that are frankly dangerous they are so useless and short in their low beam

I'm having the team send it back to Toyota, those headlights can't be right or adjusted correctly, or both

• Like 1

Telling your dickhead thorobred horse to calm the @#$% down, coz the mares next door can survive just fine without him - then watching helplessly as he tries to jump a steel gate and fails.

$$$$$$$$$ Veterinarian after hours callout and ongoing followup treatments $$$$$$$$$

Q. How do you make a small fortune in horses?

A. Start with a big one.

Edited by BlackAngel
  • Like 2

It's the same with aviation, and between me and the missus we have both bases covered :wacko:

• Like 1

Two most dangerous words you will ever hear in aviation (and horses . . . and cars . . . . probably just about anything) . . .

"Watch this!!"

Edited by BlackAngel

Telling your dickhead thorobred horse to calm the @#$% down, coz the mares next door can survive just fine without him - then watching helplessly as he tries to jump a steel gate and fails.

$$$$$$$$$ Veterinarian after hours callout and ongoing followup treatments $$$$$$$$$

Q. How do you make a small fortune in horses?

A. Start with a big one.

Dog food.

• Like 3

rednecks in utes in provincial new zealand towns.

picture, if you will, a rainy saturday in Napier. Weekend trip away. Saturday morning in-town to exercise one of the oldest tourism practices: retail tourism, allowing one's family to shop and jettison money into local economy... 30km/h zone in town, no parks to be found... pull to side of road (with indicator), put hazards on.

Rural "gentleman" in silver japanese ute drives past, glaring and gesturing and honking his horn repeatedly.

huh? what a welcoming presence.

What, you don't get to safely pull to the side of the road in a small town, to deposit your passengers? Perhaps navigating his way around a stopped vehicle causes significant pain and discomfort, due to the chips on his shoulders. I'm sure the same guy would bitch and moan if there was a decline in tourism income in Hawkes Bay, too! Perhaps his job title is "director of first impressions".

Thankfully these idiots do not get to carry sidearms in NZ.

/rant

• Like 1

Two most dangerous words you will ever hear in aviation (and horses . . . and cars . . . . probably just about anything) . . .

"Watch this!!"

I find "Hold my beer, watch this" is the precursor to awesome.

I find "Hold my beer, watch this" is the precursor to awesome.

Probably about 50% of the time. The rest of the time its the precursor to hospital.

• Like 4