Apex

Quick rant thread.

Old BMW plastic.

I've used the same method to remove the fan clutch from a 728i, 735i and a 740i.

https://youtu.be/l5nfnXFwk-4?t=3m29s

Not exactly kosher but it works a treat.

Till today anyway.

While the 728i, 735i and 740i all have metal fan belt pulleys it turns out that the top of the line V12 has plastic. WTF?

So I broke it in half...lol

• Like 2

You you cut the roof off a car and put it off to the side of the driveway... and the Mrs tries to reverse over it, in the E39.... :(

• Like 1

pics, or it didn't happen!

• Like 1

Grown ass men wandering the streets looking for fkng Pokemon

• Like 10

We have a security guard at work trying to capture the pokemon purely to stop others from trying to get in here to find them - after some people were found on site doing just that.

We have a security guard at work trying to capture the pokemon purely to stop others from trying to get in here to find them - after some people were found on site doing just that.

A likely story. So he is being paid to catch pokemon. Boy he has you guys fooled!

• Like 2

pics, or it didn't happen!

There is some minor damage under the sill, done before the front wheel hit the rear pillar and stopped the car suddenly :-) Lucky it didn't stick up further...

I swear our E39 is cursed - it's only done 150kms, and is rougher than the Mrs last car, a 95 Impreza we sold with 325kms on it.

• Like 1

Grown ass men wandering the streets looking for fkng Pokemon

Screenshot_2016-07-10-23-43-38-1.png

• Like 6

A likely story. So he is being paid to catch pokemon. Boy he has you guys fooled!

She . . . and must have fooled the police and the people she caught that are getting done for trespassing too I guess.

And than this happened, bloody truck drivers, took the bumper of as well.

Not damaged just puled out the rivets.

Nothing I cant fix.

cheers

All fixed again

post-3075-0-19884100-1469178529.jpg

post-3075-0-89476000-1469178576.jpg

post-3075-0-66447000-1469178616.jpg

post-3075-0-17375400-1469178655.jpg

post-3075-0-60841700-1469178699.jpg

post-3075-0-05347500-1469178723.jpg

• Like 4

People who think they're helping but make things so much worse.

I went to town to get a spark plug boot removal tool because the boots were being difficult to get off and I didn't want to break the wires on the V12 cause they're expencive.

While I was gone someone thought they'd have a try and pulled a wire out of the boot. Then tried to pull the boot off with a pair of needle nosed pliers and ripped the boot in half. Then had another go and broke the top off the spark plug. &^%$&**^

People who think they're helping but make things so much worse.

I went to town to get a spark plug boot removal tool because the boots were being difficult to get off and I didn't want to break the wires on the V12 cause they're expencive.

While I was gone someone thought they'd have a try and pulled a wire out of the boot. Then tried to pull the boot off with a pair of needle nosed pliers and ripped the boot in half. Then had another go and broke the top off the spark plug. &^%$&**^

The broke the spark plug?! :o

No BMW work today (Miss M had a driving lesson, though).

Trying to trace a misfire on the 500SE. Checking resistance on plug leads (a new set wouldn't hurt, but on a Sunday afternoon?) showed a couple to be a bit out. However, removing the plug lead from number 6 proved problematic. Not quite as bad as Dave's issues (above) but it turned out the plug and the lead had corroded together. :o

Not sure how that happened, but it can't be helping.

• Like 1

Feckin' eejit drivers doing 85-90km/h in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with nothing inside them. Not that they'd catch it anyway... And doing it while eating an ice cream!

And the police traffic cop who passed her on the inside, didn't bat an eyelid, and pulled someone (not me!) over for doing just under 110km/h...

Priorities. Wrong. :angry:

• Like 6

Fkn Manheim website, requires a number, a little letter, a big letter and a character,

Which after forgetting my password again, all i want to enter is characters *)(^(&^@#$!!!!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Fkn Manheim website, requires a number, a little letter, a big letter and a character,

Which after forgetting my password again, all i want to enter is characters *)(^(&^@#$!!!!

I'm with ya on that one. 

I mucked it up so many times they put a hold on my account. Emailed them and 3 weeks later I get a notification that my account has been enabled again..

And rats. Little feckers have been gnawing on the 520's headlight wiring.

Yep the little F*%*ers chewed true the wiring loom of the IZUSU to,

its been at the auto electrician for the last 2 weeks :-)

• Like 2

One night spent in Hamilton to find bonnet badge plastic gone. What's that about .....

On 8/30/2016 at 6:41 AM, Neal said:

One night spent in Hamilton to find bonnet badge plastic gone. What's that about .....

Hamilton.  It's the only answer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

It appears even if you indicate (in a bmw) to change lanes, people still speed up to block you from moving in to the lane. 

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Bloody Skyline drivers. Let two cars and a lorry in after that, though.

Obviously a case of badge envy. :)