Apex

Quick rant thread.

33 minutes ago, gjm said:

Standing in SCA looking for a fuel filter for a gender and heard staff Sa to customer "they're all the same, just different brands".

He was talking about engine oil.

that's a firkin' worry.  He should sell women's shoes.

Customer expects expert advice; instead receives "wisdom" from Master of Muppetry.

Edited by Olaf
mastery
  • Like 1

I only buy online from supercheap. I met a local staff member one time, and decided online was the best option.

The other shops aren't any better though. A Repco staff member told me my E39 would need thicker oil, if it's done over 100K.

...Then proceeded to tell me that 10W-40 was thicker, and would be better than 0W-40 for a "worn" engine.

P.S. If anyone replies telling me that 10W-40 is thicker than 0W-40, I'll shoot you, then tell you why you're wrong. It's only thicker cold... when you DON'T want it to be thicker.

• Like 3

I just buy Samson 20W-50 from the Warehouse. All oil is the same, its a scam and marketing that says otherwise

:P Kidding. I love Repco employees, they make me feel clever.

• Like 1

Repco can vary widely between branches.  Buy 20 litres of Penrite, Repco Upper Hutt insist on charging $7 for the plastic tap.  Buy 20 litres of Penrite from Repco Porirua - no worries mate, we'll throw in a tap.  Misplace first tap - revisit Repco Upper Hutt - now they're (plucking out of their heads) ,nah mate, no freebies $11.50. "Thanks awfully squire, I thought you were taking the piss at $7, no chance of selling me any more at that price".

shame we don't have Halfords here.

• Like 1

R rip

E every 

P poor

C c&@t

O off

• Like 1

FYI... We all know we're generalising - some of them are very good too... but they aren't as fun to talk about ;-)

33 minutes ago, Allanw said:

FYI... We all know we're generalising - some of them are very good too... but they aren't as fun to talk about ;-)

It's true - there are some truly good folks at both Repco and SCA. In my recent experience, they're the girls. They have encyclopaedic knowledge of parts and specifications, and if they don't know the answer, they do know where to go to find it. They drive some nice cars, too.
Certainly wouldn't catch them saying "it's all the same"...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gjm said:

It's true - there are some truly good folks at both Repco and SCA. In my recent experience, they're the girls. They have encyclopaedic knowledge of parts and specifications, and if they don't know the answer, they do know where to go to find it. They drive some nice cars, too.

This is the case at SCA in Silverdale.

• Like 1

OK... this is the RANT thread though, so lets get back to being dicks about everything again... :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Allanw said:

so lets get back to being dicks about everything again... :P

same old normal nothing has changed then :P

• Like 1

Trying to rent a house when you own a cat...

Not worth my eight year old's tears.

Getting offered a pretty cool new job, except it's in Auckland <_<

Trademe fees..I've just sold my Throwing Stars and it cost me $145. Had it been a car to the same value, would have cost me $75 

That's a reasonable amount of change their fees the last i heard were 7.9% up to $200

$200 -$1,500 $15 + 4.5%

over $1,500  $73.50 + 1.9%

Can any one confirm or have they gone up like every thing else.

Sweet thanks makes things a bit easier

Cor blimey. Got the heater pipes which sit under the intake manifold out this evening- I knew they were poked, but the gunk inside was horrific. How all these aging M54's are all still on the road is beyond me.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 7:38 PM, huff3r said:

Getting offered a pretty cool new job, except it's in Auckland <_<

cool man.  same company, but the team's based up there?

On 6/17/2017 at 10:31 AM, Gaz said:

Its 7.9% across the board up to $249 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/help/18/fees-and-fee-calculator

7.9%??  Sod that, they're taking the p!ss

I'm about to sell my Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR lens... $1450 incl GST, they'd be netting about $112 from me for the pleasure.  Time for eBay to enter the NZ market.

57 minutes ago, Olaf said:

cool man.  same company, but the team's based up there?

Kind of, still in defence but swapping green for blue.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, gjm said:

Had a nice girl from SCA tell me quietly a better place to go for parts - said she used to get parts way cheaper from this other place for her 328 - made her instantly hotter :wub:

• Like 2

I think that belongs in the "Life is choice bro" thread instead. ;)

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
quoting prev post
  • Like 1

Couldn't believe it.  On the weekend i dodged a bullet big time.  i recently put a new engine to overflow tank hose on my E46 330i.  The missus has been driving it around town and i took it away to Hanmer at the weekend - 270km round trip. got back to town, pulled in to a gas station and started to fill the car.  The missus then noticed steam coming from the front - the hose had blown off!  i mustn't have clicked it in properly - AMATEUR!!

Had roadside assist so got it towed as was in my nice clothes and was with missus and wasn't certain that was all that was wrong. Rant time ---- The tow truck guy turned up, knowing my car had no coolant, and tried to convince me that he should drive it on the truck and that "she'll be right", then he said he didn't want to use the tow hook because he didn't trust them and that he would use some other part of my car.  I screwed it in and told him that's what he is using.  Muppet 

Edited by agent75