Apex

Quick rant thread.

16 hours ago, M3AN said:

How do I tell if I've got the internet?

You might 'have' it but I don't think you've 'got it' :-)

• Like 1

People buying BMWs that arguably shouldn't be wrecked and then trying to sell parts for exorbitant prices. It's like they got it round the wrong way, wreck the ok ones to keep the crap on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eliongater said:

People buying BMWs that arguably shouldn't be wrecked and then trying to sell parts for exorbitant prices. It's like they got it round the wrong way, wreck the ok ones to keep the crap on the road.

Yup. A particularly sore point with me, too.

What's worse, the people who do this generally pay less for a good car than other people end up paying for a rougher example. :angry:

• Like 2

Driver training at HD National track on the 15th Oct cancelled #*/&€%÷₩

When your horn goes off randomly whilst driving.
But as I live in the US people just think it is normal.

• Like 3

Car for sale. Not local, so arrange for someone to have a look. Agree price. Make arrangements to fly down (one-way tickets for two people), book hotel.

Confirm with seller.

"Oh, sorry no it won't happen." We have "decided to keep."

Well, that's firmly pi$$ed on my cornflakes this morning. $00s on non-refundable, non-transferable airfares.

I had he same happen fortunately before I'd booked air fares, but not before I'd signed off on the finance paperwork, that took a few days to unravel as the charming seller sold to a higher offer after accepting mine, because, and i quote, 'it's just business', well sir, f**k doing business with you or your company.

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Car for sale. Not local, so arrange for someone to have a look. Agree price. Make arrangements to fly down (one-way tickets for two people), book hotel.

Confirm with seller.

Well, that's firmly pi$$ed on my cornflakes this morning. $00s on non-refundable, non-transferable airfares.

That fu$king blows. Hope it's in a nice part of the country - turn it into a romantic getaway for you and the wife?

The Labour Party.

Having nine years to get their policies together and 8 days from the election they still don't know what they are.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Confirm with seller.

That is not cool.

17 hours ago, zero said:

The Labour Party.

Having nine years to get their policies together and 8 days from the election they still don't know what they are.

Election talk. Everyone suddenly has an opinion and I'm f**king sick of hearing them. 

Can't wait for it to just be over with. Neither party will truly ruin us. The world will not end on the 24th.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, huff3r said:

Election talk. Everyone suddenly has an opinion and I'm f**king sick of hearing them. 

Can't wait for it to just be over with. Neither party will truly ruin us. The world will not end on the 24th.

Neither will truly ruin us but one will increase debt by another $11B over the next 5 years and tax the hell out of everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

Neither will truly ruin us but one will increase debt by another $11B over the next 5 years and tax the hell out of everything.

yeah that's not too significant is it?  NOT. :o

• Like 2

Like the politician in the movie Red October One day I will be promising you the moon the next steeling candy from a baby or the like. So can you really trust any of them to see you and your family right.

3 minutes ago, allan said:

Like the politician in the movie Red October One day I will be promising you the moon the next steeling candy from a baby or the like. So can you really trust any of them to see you and your family right.

no; though one of them is promising to steal more of my money at source to pay for services we can't afford and sink us further into debt.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Olaf said:

no; though one of them is promising to steal more of my money at source to pay for services we can't afford and sink us further into debt.   

... While the other raised tax 18 times, and forgot 17 of those when asked, has built the biggest debt the country has ever seen, and promises to continue selling assets to the highest bidder (which, recent history tells us, is not someone living here).

In the run-up to the election, National are throwing money in every conceivable direction. Like 'em or hate 'em, you can thank Labour for that. If National were sitting on a significant majority at the polls, there wouldn't be promises of spending (which they're unlikely to be allowed to forget, should they win). Of course, if National don't win, Labour will theoretically have access to that money.

Neither major party has a complete picture, or appears to offer anything by way of trying to see a bigger picture.

At least we are all-but guaranteed a situation where the support of a minor party will be required. That may temper any activities and policy enactment.

• Like 2

Fiscal conservatives really get my goat. Also, Governments should not be run like businesses.  Bureaucracy is the exact opposite of capitalist dreams. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 9:41 PM, lord_jagganath said:

Fiscal conservatives really get my goat.

Curious as to why you dislike fiscal conservatism?

What are your thoughts on Keynesian economics?

So, for the comedic Auckland based dickheads on here who were recently making fun of my ability to tell if I had the internet or not... have logged two separate faults with Chorus this week resulting in several visits and various workarounds and fixes, service is now fully restored to a whopping 0.27 mbps download and 0.2mbps upload speed

"Rural towns" like Te Puke have been told they are in line for UFB, well that's nice for them, they are a 20min drive away from us properly rural types

How good is your cell reception there? You might be better off with a mobile data plan. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

No cell reception except for a select few hilltops in the middle of the farm. We are only 10min off of SH2 as well.

New Zealand has more than one highway? ?