Apex

Quick rant thread.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:50 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

So, for the comedic Auckland based dickheads on here who were recently making fun of my ability to tell if I had the internet or not... have logged two separate faults with Chorus this week resulting in several visits and various workarounds and fixes, service is now fully restored to a whopping 0.27 mbps download and 0.2mbps upload speed

"Rural towns" like Te Puke have been told they are in line for UFB, well that's nice for them, they are a 20min drive away from us properly rural types

Won't make fun of you anymore. After that explanation it would be like teasing the handicapped kid at school...

• Like 1

:D

One of the parties understands how it works...

Yea, pity the Greens don't get it.

I would prefer a National/Greens government over a National/NZFirst government.

• Like 1

So I got a puncture on the recent forgotten highway trip... turns out they can't repair it, and they quoted me $325 for a new tyre. Whilst I had the wheel off I also noticed I'll be needing some new rear rotors and pads soon. Plus my WOF is due in a couple of days.

Then to top it all off somebody stole my lunch at work yesterday. Who does that?!?

IMG_0368.thumb.JPG.054c74fa6d90d3615b4b265dfd226afd.JPG

So not deserved.

Although... What was in your lunch?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gjm said:

So not deserved.

Although... What was in your lunch?

Pizza haha.

I might use this as an excuse to get some new wheels. (The puncture not the pizza)

• Like 1

A thief with a pizza fetch or just hungry from a busy night :P

My bloody parking brake button broke off in my hand over the weekend. What the....?!

Ordered a new one for $100, I can think of far better ways to spend that money. 

Rascism at the gas station...

Turn up at Caltex Bombay occasionally in the 130, I usually go to BP for 98 but sometimes it dont work out that way!, and I can always fill up at the pump no questions asked.

Turn up at the same Caltex in the 96 Toyota, refused filling up. I even went inside and said "Hi, can I fill up?" and got "No, you prepay only" ...

Economic profiling is the new rascism...

#toyotalivesmatter

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 3

^ dude, let me tell you about racism at the gas station!

I'm a white guy in a BMW and I pulled up to the bowser the other day and the coloured dude at the pump next to me filling up his POS didn't even offer to wash my f'ing window. Does he not know who I am?

Geez.

• Like 6

E28 mudguards, probably the most pointless thing in existence. All they do is get in the way and retain mud...

(yes that's a bucket full of crap that came out)

IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.f756f7fb0c63ce1759e36e0888966c73.JPG

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.a39d5c14898ec9a0c52d8922b9f4b382.JPG

Edited by eliongater
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, EURO V12 said:

Paging @3pedals *runs off to grab popcorn*

ooh deleted sorry. Just didn't realise how old that post was.

• Like 1

Johnny Bohmer just drove a street-legal (registered, tested, road-legal, street-drivable car with air conditioning) to over 292mph. Actually, that's 'just' over 292mph, because he was aiming for 300, and had a loss of boost pressure above 275.

He'll try again in December.

By the way, you need a LOT more power than any Bugatti for this. Johnny has 2700 at his disposal...

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 9:41 PM, lord_jagganath said:

Fiscal conservatives really get my goat. Also, Governments should not be run like businesses.  Bureaucracy is the exact opposite of capitalist dreams. 

If I understand correctly, you're espousing the benefits of beauracracies.  Where nothing gets done because of process and decision-making at the top only (and, usually, graft).  Zero empowerment.  That isn't niu zild.

17 hours ago, Olaf said:

If I understand correctly, you're espousing the benefits of beauracracies.  Where nothing gets done because of process and decision-making at the top only (and, usually, graft).  Zero empowerment.  That isn't niu zild.

It IS the public health sector!

• Like 1

When you run out of time to fix your daily because you've spent too much time on projects, and you have to pay someone to install a part so you can get a WOF :(

• Like 1

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gjm said:

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

Anyone? Like a tyre shop maybe???

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

I have never heard them called "traffic circles" before. In my life.

• Like 1

That's the Saffa term is it not?

Traffic Circles
Traffic Robots

Think I have been hanging around them too much.

Round About.