Apex

Quick rant thread.

18 hours ago, Driftit said:

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

6 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

That bloody Panmure roundabout, nearly been hit a few times trying to go straight from the middle lane. Now I just stick to the right lane as a precaution (going from Ellierslie-Panmure highway to Lagoon Drive) 

Edited by Matth5

Polybushes.

Why are they in such bright colours? What's wrong with black?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gjm said:

Polybushes.

This.

You can get powerflex ones in black but they are the race ones and probably to much for a road car.

3 hours ago, gjm said:

Polybushes.

48 minutes ago, zero said:

This.

You can get powerflex ones in black but they are the race ones and probably to much for a road car.

Aye... The Powerflex kit is good, but race-use bushes aren't want I'm after.

Everything seems to be red or yellow (depending on manufacturer or hardness).
Still, if we had Japanese cars, the bushes would probably be lime green or purple...

Because people like their mods to be visible I guess. 

Same for after market suspension, brake kits ect. All bright and shiny colours, while the OEM stuff is usually just black. 

Today the 520i spat out it's fan blades, taking with it both belts. This to go with the Topaz 530i having no WOF (airbag light) and the Titan 530i is missing a window (stone from lawnmower)

Merry Christmas, I guess world peace is too much to hope for, can't even have 3 complete BMWs...

• Like 2

On 13/12/2017 at 9:03 AM, gjm said:

Polybushes.

Super Pro - a reasonable blue.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:00 AM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Today the 520i spat out it's fan blades, taking with it both belts. This to go with the Topaz 530i having no WOF (airbag light) and the Titan 530i is missing a window (stone from lawnmower)

Merry Christmas, I guess world peace is too much to hope for, can't even have 3 complete BMWs...

No idea how you manage 3 of them. Can't wait to get rid of just the one, so much crappy plastic failing everywhere.

The other day i noticed both the bottom corners on my msport front bumper have had chunks taken out of them (probably from stones etc hitting them at speed). Never see that on say an E34.

What is it with people who want "recommendations for quality coilies to go superlow but won't cost mucho $$$ and keep a good ride"?

Ain't no such thing.

A decent set of shocks and springs will cost that; a decent set of coilovers will cost more. (Nothing wrong with a good coilover setup, of course.)

Just saw someone looking for exactly this, but doesn't want to spend more than $500! "Why are BC Golds so expensive, bro..."

A decent set of springs is going to cost $300+.

These people have no idea of the damage they're doing to their cars, or the safety issues they present to themselves and others.

• Like 3

I had some flat bill hat wearing ballbag trying to buy some coilovers off me a while ago who didn't want to spend more than $500 and they had to be "mint" 
Bloody idiots. 

I've now discovered since I got the manual E53 I don't want to drive my three 3 series anymore or my e39. They're all too low and my old man back gets grumpy. 

• Like 4

Holiday traffic, where the lesser spotted numpty driver leaves its natural habitat of the city and goes out onto the open road.

• Like 10

On 12/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, gjm said:

What is it with people who want "recommendations for quality coilies to go superlow but won't cost mucho $$$ and keep a good ride"?

Ain't no such thing.

A decent set of shocks and springs will cost that; a decent set of coilovers will cost more. (Nothing wrong with a good coilover setup, of course.)

Just saw someone looking for exactly this, but doesn't want to spend more than $500! "Why are BC Golds so expensive, bro..."

A decent set of springs is going to cost $300+.

These people have no idea of the damage they're doing to their cars, or the safety issues they present to themselves and others.

Kids are just dumb, it's all about the look and they just dont know any better, but they go to bed at night thinking they are cool and their equally dumb peer group supports them here. It's like the mentally retarded leading the blind. The upside is that when they get tired of the cool look the cars can be cheap to buy. I have bought some cheap cars and motorbikes off Flat Peak halfwits their stupidity has been my gain.

why is it that some people have absolutely no concept of how a throttle works.I went to lunch with a workmate the other day.I swear as he was driving and talking to me that his throtle application to maintain well in excess of 50 k was half throttle no throttle half throttle no throttle.His stop at the traffic circle round about would have put me through the windscreen if i wasnt wearing a seat belt

4 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

why is it that some people have absolutely no concept of how a throttle works.

Do you mean the foot-operated go-faster switch?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gjm said:

thats how it seems to work for him

must have been an electric car hear they are all talk and not much else :lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, allan said:

must have been an electric car hear they are all talk and not much else :lol:

suzuki swift

Actually remember being in a taxi way back when the driver drove like that on the accelerator. I was like WFT dude, that's not how you use that pedal and he mumbled something like 'how else can you use it? with your hand?'.

I gave up quickly.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

They must've all grown up before analog input gaming controllers came out :P

On 8 January 2018 at 8:56 PM, gjm said:

Sounds like my Mrs., the pedals are all binary switches, on or off, no in between.

Hitched a ride to Auckland & back with a person driving somewhat like that. What a tiring trip - couldn't wait to get out of the car at the end...

Between that & the twitchy steering these late model Nissan people movers have:(

Public service announcement :

Dear flatpeaker fuxktards in the poverty pack 3 series's. Despite how hard you are trying, not even your mother thinks you are cool.

P.S. GTFO of the right hand lane. 

Fedex outsourcing delivery to NZ couriers.

So now you pay Fedex prices, but with the added bonus of total ineptness and the ability to smash your goods beyond recognition.

New clutch kit from ECS took 3 weeks since paying duties to finally arrive, took 3 goes of asking them to hold it at depot to pick up for them to stop driving it around Auckland everyday in the van,  finally picked it up today and it looks like its been dropped from a few meters, a few times. 

Edited by Jacko