DHLCHCH - MECHCH - 3 days so far.

OEM Oil cooler pipes ordered 14th Jan off ebay from qeautoparts1

24th - 31 delivery.

Tracking number received 

USPS "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" hasn't changed since 15th

Asendia USA package arrived destination country new Zealand 2/2/18

expected delivery 12th :huh:

Contacted all parties involved no joy just promises 

So ordered a set of stainless steel hoses with connection adapters as cover.

1 hour ago, sweetm3 said:

OEM Oil cooler pipes ordered 14th Jan off ebay from qeautoparts1

24th - 31 delivery.

Tracking number received 

USPS "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" hasn't changed since 15th

Asendia USA package arrived destination country new Zealand 2/2/18

expected delivery 12th :huh:

Contacted all parties involved no joy just promises 

So ordered a set of stainless steel hoses with connection adapters as cover.

USPS is really bad about tracking... If you legitimately want tracking, you need UPS/Fedex/DHL from the US.

USPS aren't good, but NZ Post is appalling.

I've had shipments from the US tracked as in NZ, showing in NZ for more than a week, while NZ Post still says it has 'left overseas airport'. Local shipments don't even show as picked up from a Post Shop for a few days, when suddenly they are delivered; I've even had thanks for delivery before the tracking has updated to show an item has been collected.

Management of packages coming into NZ is terrible. If you have the temerity to import something valued at over $400 (but less than $1000) NZ Post expect you to have a shipping agent to handle any fees and suchlike. It's almost as though they don't know what to do with it. You'll get a letter asking you to pay, then they seem to expect you'll collect the parcel. If it is to be delivered, it can take 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, after any duties have been paid.

Ive had Post haste drop card to call pick up forms in my letter box, go to pick up the item and its not even for me, or even someone in the same suburb.

Couriers are up there with Wilson parking....

• Like 1

UPS are pretty good until it gets through customs, then all bets are off.

At least here in Wellington, FedEx are AWESOME.

DHL pretty good, though when they toss the parcel over to NZ Post, it can get very odd.

There will be local parts suppliers reading these posts, waving... "none of that rubbish to deal with at our shop!".

4 minutes ago, Olaf said:

UPS are pretty good until it gets through customs, then all bets are off.

At least here in Wellington, FedEx are AWESOME.

DHL pretty good, though when they toss the parcel over to NZ Post, it can get very odd.

There will be local parts suppliers reading these posts, waving... "none of that rubbish to deal with at our shop!".

I spend a lot of money with FCP Euro, and honestly have never had a problem.

If you're in a local business and waving about none of the postage rubbish with your shop, can you drop your prices so it's actually competitive? At the moment one can save upwards of 75% (or more sometimes) buying from overseas, paying shipping, paying customs fees, and paying GST. Relying on NZ Post being rubbish (They aren't, try USPS sometime...) your business model is failing!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Jacko said:

Ive had Post haste drop card to call pick up forms in my letter box, go to pick up the item and its not even for me, or even someone in the same suburb.

Couriers are up there with Wilson parking....

I've had this happen to me recently, I rang them to let them know I'm on my way down to pick up item. That's when I found out it wasn't even for me.

Not even anyone in my street or even " burb" . I put it down to laziness.

Prices in NZ (again...)

Pricing up a fuel pump. Genuine BMW: $7xx + GST. OK, associated BMW 'tax' and so on, immediate availability.

Search online and find a selection of suitable offerings from Bosch, Pierburg, Magnetti Marelli... Depending on where you look, Bosch up to £150, Pierburg up to £100, and MM from £50.

I've never had a problem with MM kit and the price is attractive, but let's see what I can find in NZ.

Armed with more than 100 alternative part numbers - this pump is used on literally hundreds of vehicles and available from perhaps a dozen manufacturers - I start calling 'round.

I've given up. Pretty much everyone is more expensive than BMW. The Bosch part I eventually found for £95 plus shipping (about £40 for 5-day delivery from the UK, so a total of less than $300, delivered) I also found (identical part) in NZ for $850+GST. 10% discount for trade.

I know there are costs attached to getting stuff to NZ, and holding stock (I'd happily wait while one was brought in, if necessary) but this is ridiculous. Easily 3x the price of the exact same item sourced overseas.

I'll be waiting a few days, but my conscience is clear. I tried to buy locally, but NZ has priced itself out of the market.

9 minutes ago, gjm said:

Prices in NZ (again...)

Pricing up a fuel pump. Genuine BMW: $7xx + GST. OK, associated BMW 'tax' and so on, immediate availability.

Search online and find a selection of suitable offerings from Bosch, Pierburg, Magnetti Marelli... Depending on where you look, Bosch up to £150, Pierburg up to £100, and MM from £50.

I've never had a problem with MM kit and the price is attractive, but let's see what I can find in NZ.

Armed with more than 100 alternative part numbers - this pump is used on literally hundreds of vehicles and available from perhaps a dozen manufacturers - I start calling 'round.

I've given up. Pretty much everyone is more expensive than BMW. The Bosch part I eventually found for £95 plus shipping (about £40 for 5-day delivery from the UK, so a total of less than $300, delivered) I also found (identical part) in NZ for $850+GST. 10% discount for trade.

I know there are costs attached to getting stuff to NZ, and holding stock (I'd happily wait while one was brought in, if necessary) but this is ridiculous. Easily 3x the price of the exact same item sourced overseas.

I'll be waiting a few days, but my conscience is clear. I tried to buy locally, but NZ has priced itself out of the market.

which pump ?

The stupidest part of all of this, is the NZ vendors pushing for removing the $400 import limit so GST is charged on everything, as if 15% additional cost will make any difference, if the price difference is 15% -20% most people will buy locally for immediacy already.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

which pump ?

It's the one I txted you about a short while ago - p/n 16117165590. I've had to wait for some money to come in to be able to get on with it. (The link says it is the RME version, but they're all the same (in this application).

21 minutes ago, EUROLESS said:

The stupidest part of all of this, is the NZ vendors pushing for removing the $400 import limit so GST is charged on everything, as if 15% additional cost will make any difference, if the price difference is 15% -20% most people will buy locally for immediacy already.

Absolutely.

Edited by gjm

8 hours ago, EUROLESS said:

This.

Sure price does factor in the equation but there's no decent online ordering system in NZ for new BMW parts. 

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Sure price does factor in the equation but there's no decent online ordering system in NZ for new BMW parts. 

This is true, and for an online experience, shop from the US, and it'll be here quicker, and cheaper than most local options. I am a huge fan of FCP Euro, and will plug them any chance I get.

That said, I have to plug Continental Cars BMW (formerly Jerry Clayton BMW) and their parts department. If you know what you want, call them, ask for a quote. They will post to you at a reasonable cost, and for small items, can end up being competitive with FCP Euro (since cost of shipping for small things doesn't scale down well.) You have to have the part number ready to go though, which is the only drawback. No searching, or other online-shopping benefits.

• Like 1

The crazy thing is:  there's a cost to carrying the part on the shelf, of course.  

But indent items?  Where you walk in with the part number, they don't carry it, will order it in for you... yet charging you more than four times what it costs you to do the same thing, quicker (Volvo parts).  WTF?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

The crazy thing is:  there's a cost to carrying the part on the shelf, of course.  

But indent items?  Where you walk in with the part number, they don't carry it, will order it in for you... yet charging you more than four times what it costs you to do the same thing, quicker (Volvo parts).  WTF?

Exactly that situation with good-branded (but not original BMW) parts that would fit a BMW.

The fact is that most people do not know how to look for something which is entirely suitable for their car, but might not come from the motor manufacturer. Could easily come from the supplier to the motor manufacturer, or even be of better quality than the item originally supplied.

It's only those of us who are 'enthusiastic' that will know and be horrified by the prices.

Edited by gjm

Yep the key the owning a BMW is having money to burn or knowing where to look if you don't. Most people i talk to that think BMW's are expensive to fix\run were the type that went to the dealer for parts, not one of them thought about looking overseas. 

I have too much time on my hands, so I've been honing my grumpy old git persona. :P

What is it about so many (typically) younger people that means they have to swear ALL THE TIME ? It seems everything is tagged with sh!t, f*ck, c*nt... And rarely in the "good c*nt" way.

We're pretty grown up on here but look at Facebook, Instagram, or other social media sites, and you could be forgiven for thinking everyone is about 14 and trying to prove what a tough guy they are.

• Thanks 1

less intelligent people (the masses) are easier to control, when there's no jobs left and the worlds falling apart

hence the programmed dumbing down of society, replace news with clickbait and reality shows and people are just lambs to the slaughter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gjm said:

I have too much time on my hands, so I've been honing my grumpy old git persona. :P

What is it about so many (typically) younger people that means they have to swear ALL THE TIME ? It seems everything is tagged with sh!t, f*ck, c*nt... And rarely in the "good c*nt" way.

We're pretty grown up on here but look at Facebook, Instagram, or other social media sites, and you could be forgiven for thinking everyone is about 14 and trying to prove what a tough guy they are.

Yeah not sure, I swear almost every sentence when around mates etc, I don't even realise I'm doing it, but NEVER online, and never in a professional capacity.

I've been tainted by overnight, free shipping and cheap well branded parts.

I'm dreading coming back to NZ.  Though there will be many many parts coming back with me.  Many.  All of the parts.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I'm dreading coming back to NZ.  Though there will be many many parts coming back with me.  Many.  All of the parts.

If my country wasn't crazy, I'd move back there for amazon prime, and cheap parts. :(

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

I've just come back from a few weeks in the states and I enjoyed the cheap parts and even cheaper shipping.

We left NZ with two bags, and returned with four.

1 hour ago, Gabe79 said:

If my country wasn't crazy, I'd move back there for amazon prime, and cheap parts. :(

What country mate?