Apex

Quick rant thread.

Snapping off the bolt extractor flush, into the head of bolt that snapped off flush, in the toyotas block. Looks likes its been helicoiled in the past, and now the helicoil wants to wind out.

Yay. 

People in the right hand lane on the motorway, ablivious of the world around them then you give them a flash to pass and they just slow down ?

Is it to much to ask to move over?

Popped down to Huntly earlier to do a spot of shopping. On the way back, a Nissan Lafesta which had been stopped on the hard shoulder pulled out and accelerated, indicated right and moved in to the right hand lane. I thought it was going to do a u-turn, but no... It continued in the right hand lane at about 85km/h. That was it. nothing had been in front of this car, there was nothing to overtake.

Sadly this exemplifies the state of driving that many of us see so often. To most of us it is incomprehensible - what are these people thinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not really a rant.
I was offered a radar detector to 'assist' with monitoring activities n SH1 - vans and patrol cars love SH1.
I did a bit of research to find out if what I was offered was in fact any good, and found the following on a forum:

"My Wife got a ticket in Europe doing 140 mph through a construction zone by a speed camera mounted on a bulldozer. They have some shady stuff over there."

Hahahahahahahahaha.... 

• Haha 1

Thought id give MyUS.com a try instead of youshop for some cars parts, turns out they suck. Even with the VISA promotion discount the prices to ship a pair of shock from FCP and a set of springs from Pelican ended up being more expensive than direct from those companies.

Would not recommend at all, don't even bother. 

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Eagle, useful info.

TBH I find FCP's shipping costs to be entirely reasonable, I can't imagine saving much when buying from them. ECS on the other hand...

They also overvalued one of my orders by $65 usd for some reason.

Yeah FCP are quite decent. Pelican isnt quite as good. Youshop has saved me upto $70 but not worth the wait sometimes and more likely to get hit from GST. Also get some good shipping deals from Ebay sellers, QE auto parts for example have cheap shipping on many BMW and Merc items but they do take 2-3 weeks to come via slow USPS.

I have used Youshop quite a few times but recently they refused to ship a package as they classed it as dangerous, after getting the MSDS paperwork to prove it wasn't they still refused (spent 4 weeks trying) so sent it to MyUS, just over 1 week later it's here.  

Just feeling really wound up, annoyed, pi$$ed off, and generally easily antagonised.

Perhaps it is because Miss M is bringing her boyfriend over for tea?

Doesn't bode well... ? ?

• Haha 2

E60 540 on Wiri station road this arvo, who wanted to race at the lights. 

You drive like a f**ken bellend, GTFO the road before you end someone elses day prematurely. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 6:27 PM, gjm said:

Perhaps it is because Miss M is bringing her boyfriend over for tea?

Do you have a shotgun?

Having 3 boys, I'm going to miss out on that time: when the boyfriend comes over for the first parental introduction, and hears the sound of a pump action, just before the front door swings open.....

2 hours ago, Allanw said:

Do you have a shotgun?

Having 3 boys, I'm going to miss out on that time: when the boyfriend comes over for the first parental introduction, and hears the sound of a pump action, just before the front door swings open.....

A couple of gravestones. One carved, and very slightly worn.
The other blank, and very, very new... ;)

• Like 2

While i still don't think MYUS.com is that great they do offer FedEx as delivery service which is the cheapest option by a little but mainly for whatever reason FedEx don't seem to charge GST of the shipping costs of the item when they process it themselves.

NZPost... Inconsistency exemplified.

Yesterday morning I posted three packages in Pukekohe. These were destined for Invercargill, Riccarton, and an RD address in Dargaville.

image.thumb.png.8c13d413f9e770be81270c64e5bec1e3.png

Delivered this morning applies to the parcel to the RD address. Well, it did cost more than the others... Because it is RD.

But what is going on with the others? I wasn't expecting any of them to be delivered today, but surely it's reasonable to expect them to get further than 'Picked up', or even 'Processing' at the first place it goes to after pick up?

I keep seeing a lady put 91 into her E90 M3.

Is this a situation like having sh*t paper stuck to your shoe, or spinach on your teeth? Do I say something? Do I take her keys away? 

Will the bearings wear out quicker on 91? ?

12 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I keep seeing a lady put 91 into her E90 M3.

Is this a situation like having sh*t paper stuck to your shoe, or spinach on your teeth? Do I say something? Do I take her keys away? 

Take her keys AND the car!

i tell people when i see that sort of thing. i couldn't give a rats ass if they actually take my advise, but they will remember it in the future when the car breaks.

15 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

i tell people when i see that sort of thing. i couldn't give a rats ass if they actually take my advise, but they will remember it in the future when the car breaks.

Yeah, me too.

Watched a guy set the pressure on the tyre pump to 52 PSI the other day... for a 90's Corolla on 14's... suggested about 15 PSI lower might help his tyres last longer.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Yeah, me too.

Watched a guy set the pressure on the tyre pump to 52 PSI the other day... for a 90's Corolla on 14's... suggested about 15 PSI lower might help his tyres last longer.

perhaps it has a slow leak. or he is going drifting. or planning to store the car for 6 months. you are probably right tho ha.

Ford recommend 49.7psi for my daily.

• Like 1

jeepers i dont run that sort of pressure on my 265.65/17 LT tyres.!Some do but the ride is horrendous

27 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Ford recommend 49.7psi for my daily.

?

Wow.

Mine is supposed to have 42 PSI:

39460545590_118918e971.jpg

'specially since it has a fat-arse cast iron VR6 in the front now ? :

32727641163_ba41510a6c.jpg

I'm continually amazed at people who just put 30PSI in everything! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2