Apex

Quick rant thread.

Having to wait for your new trolley to be processed. Last one available in the colour I wanted after selling 2 of our other cars ?

Also for sale is the Ti M52B28..... you can take it away for $8,000...... owes me more than $20,000

• Like 2

On 1 June 2018 at 4:34 PM, *Glenn* said:

Having to wait for your new trolley to be processed. Last one available in the colour I wanted after selling 2 of our other cars ?

Also for sale is the Ti M52B28..... you can take it away for $8,000...... owes me more than $20,000

what have you brought ?

Amazon...

When I was receiving stuff from HP (Hewlett Packard) at work, we'd have a go at them about their over-sized packaging. Huge boxes for certificates for kit, that sort of thing.

It seems Amazon subscribe to the same policy. One 3.5" hard disk drive. Package size - 36 cm × 31 cm × 8 cm !!! (For comparison - the drive is 15cm x 10cm x 2.5cm.) Of course, this is then reflected as 'volumetric weight' (which works out to be 3x actual weight) in the on-shipping costs from MyUS (and NZPost YouShop, and all others), and they'll not repack because it is a single item. Shipping direct to NZ from Amazon in the US is not available.

And then, when it does finally get here, the NZPost (or whatever courier/carrier) won't deliver it because it's either too big to go in the post box, or because we're Rural Delivery and heaven forbid a courier should have to deliver to somewhere they're driving past anyway, so it'll be left in a depot somewhere instead, waiting for me to go and collect it in person.

So I get to pay more for less, extra $$$ for slower non-delivery!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

4 hours ago, gjm said:

Amazon...

When I was receiving stuff from HP (Hewlett Packard) at work, we'd have a go at them about their over-sized packaging. Huge boxes for certificates for kit, that sort of thing.

It seems Amazon subscribe to the same policy. One 3.5" hard disk drive. Package size - 36 cm × 31 cm × 8 cm !!! (For comparison - the drive is 15cm x 10cm x 2.5cm.) Of course, this is then reflected as 'volumetric weight' (which works out to be 3x actual weight) in the on-shipping costs from MyUS (and NZPost YouShop, and all others), and they'll not repack because it is a single item. Shipping direct to NZ from Amazon in the US is not available.

And then, when it does finally get here, the NZPost (or whatever courier/carrier) won't deliver it because it's either too big to go in the post box, or because we're Rural Delivery and heaven forbid a courier should have to deliver to somewhere they're driving past anyway, so it'll be left in a depot somewhere instead, waiting for me to go and collect it in person.

So I get to pay more for less, extra $$$ for slower non-delivery!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

HP are very bad at this sort of thing.
One of my pet peeves with them is they ship every monitor they sell with its own stand. we are recycling upwards of 500 stands a week that are brand new out of the box and straight into the shredder to be recycled. and it all but the very latest models come in polystyrene.
(Yes i understand exceptions on a production line, and i understand they cost both cents to manufacture, and are worth cents to us)

a pity really, because HP is otherwise the best brand in new zealand, if the sheer amount of kit with their badge on the front is anything to go by.

parking spaces, they just seam to be getting smaller/narrower every year....

1 minute ago, richard said:

parking spaces, they just seam to be getting smaller/narrower every year....

I agree... parking spaces are f**king ridiculous and some of our drivers abilities on the road are just as bad 

17 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Redundancy.

And having to go through "the process" when the outcome of said process is crystal bluddy clear.

I empathise. :(

And afterwards, I learned that I received my marching orders before the company employing me received notification of the cancellation of the contract that paid my wages...

• Like 1

Cheers Graham - it's rarely a nice thing to go through, however it plays out... though like many clouds it can have a silver lining :)

• Like 1

When you are trying to get to hospital in a hurry because you have a 3 year old in the back bleeding heavily from a head wound inflicted by loosing a fight with the coffee table... and the dick in the "fast lane" won't get out the way because 100km/h is plenty and they are determined to make sure everybody else knows it, no matter how much you honk and high beam them

Seriously if you are on the main thoroughfare to the local hospital, just get out the f**king way.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Cheers Graham - it's rarely a nice thing to go through, however it plays out... though like many clouds it can have a silver lining :)

Fingers crossed for you.

It's been a while since my redundancy and perhaps it is a reflection on what I went through in the previous years, but I am only now starting to relax. That is a good thing! And it has given us an opportunity to take a step back and review what we have done, and what we would like to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Redundancy.

And having to go through "the process" when the outcome of said process is crystal bluddy clear.

I took redundancy a few years ago, company made a total goatfridge of the whole process, but totally worth it in the end...( couldnt even get rid of staff properly, how the hell are the supposed to keep em...).

And going out on the piss with all ya mates that also got made redundant and got a big wad of cash is always a good idea :D   

11 hours ago, Jacko said:

I took redundancy a few years ago, company made a total goatfridge of the whole process, but totally worth it in the end...( couldnt even get rid of staff properly, how the hell are the supposed to keep em...).

And going out on the piss with all ya mates that also got made redundant and got a big wad of cash is always a good idea :D   

If only it always worked out like that Jacko - not in this case for me... I'm the only one and there's no payout (to speak of).

But I have a got a great opportunity to shift my career direction a little, which is a good thing!

• Sad 1

I'm going through all that sh*t right now.  I'm working a fill in job in the US for Immigration NZ.  INZ is shutting down all their overseas offices (bar the cheap ones in India and China).
I couldn't care less about the job.  But it does mean I have to find other crap to do whilst I am here and I have to go through their joke of a process.  Many promises have been made.  But I don't trust them at all.  Trying to get something in writing has gone nowhere so far.

• Like 1

When BMW were writing the sofware for the M5, some dickhead decided that every time a warning comes up on the screen it should be the only thing on the screen, so the time disappears. ABS fault = no clock, low washer fluid = no clock, fuel reserve = no clock, have I got time to stop and fill up on my way to work? Dunno, the f@% king clock has disappeared!! There is plenty of room on the screen for the clock as well, but no. Thanks dickhead!

• Haha 6

They didn't have time to program it to display both ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eliongater said:

They didn't have time to program it to display both ;) 

They had time to program the bloody thing to go away!! ;)

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 4:40 AM, Driftit said:

I'm going through all that sh*t right now.  

Sorry to hear, hope it works out ok in the end - or better than :)

This jackass.. 

https://preview.trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/bmw/640d/listing/1661941021

If the dudes driving wasn't so terrifying it would be hilariously cliche. 

His tasteless pile of crap nearly put me into a ditch as he played lane pinball on SH1. 

Lucky the listing has expired or he would be getting some feedback.

Edited by Jacko

Damn, where do you find that glow-in-the-dark masking tape? Need a special effects artist from the set of Tron to ruin my car too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Damn, where do you find that glow-in-the-dark masking tape? Need a special effects artist from the set of Tron to ruin my car too.

Can confirm it is reflective. Clown needs it as well, at least he is highly visible as he crosses the centreline while playing on his phone at 130kmh.

I can’t beleive it’s reflective haha!

That seems maybe illegal?

hells teeth, I’ve seen some shitty things done to BMW’s over the years, but this takes the cake.

• Like 1

I actually sent a picture of the trademe listing to the wife a few days ago, in jest... thought it was hilarious to spot it in front of me a few days later. And then witnessed the knob try and kill everyone else on the road :D 

20180628_184635.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

When you are trying to get to hospital in a hurry because you have a 3 year old in the back bleeding heavily from a head wound inflicted by loosing a fight with the coffee table... and the dick in the "fast lane" won't get out the way because 100km/h is plenty and they are determined to make sure everybody else knows it, no matter how much you honk and high beam them

Seriously if you are on the main thoroughfare to the local hospital, just get out the f**king way.

I hope your kid is OK and all that, but this is why we have ambulances. Just because you have a "situation" doesnt give you permission or the right to exceed the speed limit.