Apex

Quick rant thread.

To their credit they did use 3 cable ties, so it wasn't going to fall off! 

To be fair they are a sh*t design coupled with sh*t plastic. Guessing they wanted to save money on bolts and tapping threads.

Edited by Eagle

I don't believe there is a problem with the design or the materials, until some dimwit decides to re-use one they have broken the top off making it impossible to remove without severe damage. 80 % of the coils are still perfect after 11 years and 160000 km.

Ive come across a couple of customers cars like yours which were cable tied also. Nothing is idiot proof but 2 bolts are much more idiot resistant\durable.

Still got the original coils in my E39, just ticked over 270,000km 

I had one the other day where an ignition lead and o2 harness were tied to the exhaust. 

Worked out well  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Coming back to your car and seeing this parked in front of you.

Stuff of nightmares.  This a**hole must have no mirrors and his bloody neck fused.  Get PDC you prick.

Nightmares.JPG

• Haha 1

You have them over there too Dan ? Going by all the scratches on his bumper I think he misses quite a few times. You might have been a lucky one

Astonishingly when I lived in Europe "bump parking" was a real thing and many people thought nothing of it. I was horrified.

It’s still a thing in at least some European countries. You park in Rome, or Geneva without at least a little bumping. 

cameras and skill. I drive vehicle that's 4.89 meters long, tinted windows , and has a big ass bull bar on the front.. ezy as..

• Like 1

It's rife here.  It's the older crowd whom were taught this way and the privileged whom don't give a sh*t about others property.
Drink driving is out of control too.  Virtually no chance of being pulled up for it.

If you live in the city you just have to be prepared for it to happen.  I have a dashcam for when someone badly damages the car.

Listing an item for sale, clearly stating location and price.

First question someone asks - "Where are you, and what's your bottom dollar?"

5 minutes ago, gjm said:

Listing an item for sale, clearly stating location and price.

First question someone asks - "Where are you, and what's your bottom dollar?"

I hate that so much. I usually reply with, "What's your best offer?" :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

I hate that so much. I usually reply with, "What's your best offer?" :)

I suggested it's fairly priced given age, condition, and other similar vehicles currently on the market. There's room to haggle, of course, but I'm not telling him that.
I'm having a bit of a sense-of-humour bypass at the moment.

Edited by gjm

Auckland Transport, NZTA, and now the MOJ...

Got an infringement sent to my neighbors address from AT for driving in a bus lane back in March.... it only doesn’t become a bus lane about 20m before you can turn left, and the other lane was queued up. No buses in site at that time either. Anyway, only by chance received the 2 final demand letters as my other neighbor was collecting my mail while i was overseas. The neighbor who received them must’ve finally clicked that the mail belongs to me and put it in my letterbox while i was away for my other neighbor to collect... i still am yet to recieve the original infringement from AT.

AT say that the address changed for the car filmed in the bus lane on the 7th April... After the infringement was issued which funnily enough is the exact date i did an address change for my other car that i bought. Now it’s in the MOJ’s hands with an extra bill slapped on. Cool!

If you change the address of one car, it changes them all.... Mum changed the address for the Model A to theirs, because that's where it is stored - ALL my cars changed to their address too, because all the cars are in my name.

I had to go and change them all back!

34 minutes ago, Allanw said:

If you change the address of one car, it changes them all.... Mum changed the address for the Model A to theirs, because that's where it is stored - ALL my cars changed to their address too, because all the cars are in my name.

I had to go and change them all back!

Yeah... so I know now, you use your drivers license as ID to change the address of a vehicle, it changes ALL vehicles.

Anyway I think I may have them on a procedural error as the final demand letters from Baycorp were sent to the wrong address 2 months after NZTA changed the address on the 7th of April to be the correct one.

I also found out last year that when I paid for rego and did a change of address (moved house) the data was entered in as 36 *street name* not the correct 36b *street name* Easy mistake to make i guess and where all this sh*t started.

Seriously.. just goes to show how behind NZ is by still sending out post for infringement letters and all this "important" stuff. Surely they have a contact number and email. It was awesome when I went to china every car had a little tag and it would do everything automatically for tolls on highways, also for entering carparks none of this ticket BS. your number plate gets scanned when you enter the carpark and as you walk to your car you pull our your phone and scan the million QR codes on the pillars in the carpark which pays for your parking then you drive out. None of this validate your ticket BS and people in booths collecting coins.

^^^ you just made 340 people unemployed. cant  have that...

• Like 1

The 318Ci is listed at $3250.

Just received this:

image.png.b3f27fb615f7af4c6a63be212d52d27c.png

I'm struggling to continue being a nice guy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In my experience someone will always low ball you regardless of the price when selling on tm

16 minutes ago, Eagle said:

In my experience someone will always low ball you regardless of the price when selling on tm

This was Facebook, which is probably worse!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gjm said:

This was Facebook, which is probably worse!

I had a guy beg me when i sold the e36 to sell it to him for $100 less.

He then lost the key 2 days later.

2 hours ago, gjm said:

Just received this:

my automatic reply to these kinds of offers is "YES!! and $1750 (whatever the balance may be) by bank deposit?"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gjm said:

Just received this:

No thanks.  I prefer marbles or bottle caps to cash...