Apex

Quick rant thread.

Why do Ranger’s, douche-max’s and Amacock’s have to be so high off the ground? Total pain in the arse trying to see traffic when one pulls up next to you at an intersection.

Also they should give free parking lessons to the majority who buy these over-hyped P’sOS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Same ^ applies to any SUV, they're all inconsiderate.

Everything over two ton should be classed as a truck and subject to additional regulation. Just bad luck if you have a Maybach and get caught up in the tide.

43 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Same ^ applies to any SUV, they're all inconsiderate.

Everything over two ton should be classed as a truck and subject to additional regulation. Just bad luck if you have a Maybach and get caught up in the tide.

Good luck. We can't even get the government to implement and enforce mandatory 3rd party insurance as part of the vehicle licensing scheme...

Or proper driver training...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Good luck. We can't even get the government to implement and enforce mandatory 3rd party insurance as part of the vehicle licensing scheme...

Not that I disagree, but I wouldn't be surprised if those who don't have the personal responsibility or common sense to take out insurance, would meet the criteria of third party, even if they were forced to, and were found at fault in a crash. Most of these types likely 

Don't have a WOF

Might have a WOF but car is in an unroad worthy state

Breaching license conditions

Drug/alcohol impaired. 

All reason to be denied cover. 

We have such a culture in this country now that personal responsibility is out the window and its easier to blame someones else. Couple that with a piss weak justice system and resentment/jealousy for success. If the wannabe gangster takes out your late model six figure Euro in his unwarranted 'ceffy', whats it to him...

Your insurance will pick up the tab, easy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, coop said:

If the wannabe gangster takes out your late model six figure Euro in his unwarranted 'ceffy', whats it to him...

Yep. Had pretty much that happen to me nearly a year ago.

Picked up the new car today. A special dealer edition

B5.JPG

B7.JPG

b8.JPG

B6.JPG

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 7

Golly they ain't an attractive car are they? There just, bits, everywhere. 

Nice colour though, I'll give it that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Mr Negative 

I think it looks fantastic, all the trims and details, also the colour is superb!

Thanks Kyu. I'm very pleased how it's turned out. Special black out to my specs organised through the dealer. First Lagoon Blue one done in NZ. I might come along with it to a Sunday meeting when I get back from overseas if I'm allowed to park somewhere.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 2

To be fair I don't think many people would consider it "handsome" or "pretty" but to my eye most new cars (BMW included) can't be classified as such so I wouldn't call this one out particularly. Many new cars, this one included, seem to also have a disconnect between the "aggressive" front on treatment and the rest of the car. All bark and no bite so-to-speak.

Perhaps all the plastic trim is functional though? If it's clip on, customer replaceable then it's ideal for all those parking dings and scrapes you can get - no paint or panel required, just clip the old bit off and the new bit on. I'm not sure if I'm being too optimistic there? Would be pretty cool though.

Black (carbon-look) roofs seem to becoming a trend, seems odd, is it a plastic panel also?

Lagoon Blue = Laguna Seca Blue? Looks pretty close to me!

Looks and personal preferences aside, I'm glad it's all worked out and you've got your own rubber back on the road. ?

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. The only thing you got completely wrong is "all bark and no bite" Go drive one... the 1.6T DCT 7  AWD version. Then comment.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KwS said:

Golly they ain't an attractive car are they? There just, bits, everywhere. 

Nice colour though, I'll give it that. 

Not as bad as the new civic type r though!! I think they covered it in glue and drove it through an aftermarket stick on sh1t factory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

Not as bad as the new civic type r though!! I think they covered it in glue and drove it through an aftermarket stick on sh1t factory.

It's pretty out there, for sure, but it's also a little spastic toy car that is made to be fun to drive. It's not ugly like the Kona, it's just a bit rice (some of the bits are also functional, like the rear wing). 

Either way, it is what it is. I think it's one of the ugliest cars on the road, but I guess the Kona does what it needs to do (including stopping some asshat killing you). 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:38 PM, B.M.W Ltd said:

Thanks Dave. The only thing you got completely wrong is "all bark and no bite" Go drive one... the 1.6T DCT 7  AWD version. Then comment.

Before I settled on the M140i I test drove the i30 with that same drive train. Was plenty of fun - almost as good as a Golf GTI and lots cheaper. 

I think if the i30N was available with that same 7-speed DCT gearbox, I'd have bought it. My days of wanting to drive manuals in Auckland traffic are over.

• Like 4

Bit pissed off to see that the Powerflex bushes I put in the front control arms of the M5 have shat themselves after about a year and 5000 km, guess I won't be buying any more Powerflex bushes ever again!

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, aja540i said:

Bit pissed off to see that the Powerflex bushes I put in the front control arms of the M5 have shat themselves after about a year and 5000 km, guess I won't be buying any more Powerflex bushes ever again!

They lasted a season in my old E30 race car.  I was not impressed.

How have they failed? torn? any voids in the PU? Weird. 

Ouch.

Try SuperPro, Aussie company and they have some good original thinking when it comes to bushes. Am using their RTAB and FLCA poly bushes on the M3 and am happy. Prices were very reasonable when I got mine a few years back.

• Like 1

+1 whole 130 is on superpro bushes, no issues and they obviously put some thought into the design of them (compared to others ive seen/used)  

Get them from Australia (eBay or similar), mine were 40% of local cost including overnight delivery.

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

How have they failed? torn? any voids in the PU? Weird. 

PU has compressed to the point that there is now a gap either side of the steel sleeve, i can move the arms 3-4mm just by pushing / pulling them by hand!DSC_0686.thumb.JPG.5d9518cc46ad77605977903f70d517c3.JPG

• Sad 1