Apex

Quick rant thread.

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

Ouch.

Try SuperPro, Aussie company and they have some good original thinking when it comes to bushes. Am using their RTAB and FLCA poly bushes on the M3 and am happy. Prices were very reasonable when I got mine a few years back.

have gone for lemforder complete arms this time around as the ball joints were getting a bit worn as well, have been thinking about monoball replacements for next time but im not sure yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aja540i said:

PU has compressed to the point that there is now a gap either side of the steel sleeve, i can move the arms 3-4mm just by pushing / pulling them by hand!DSC_0686.thumb.JPG.5d9518cc46ad77605977903f70d517c3.JPG

Thats sh*t... Id be flicking them an email with a "please explain"

• Like 1

They are supposed to have a "LIFETIME WARRANTY"... and I just ordered a boatload of them for my Touran...

The ones I already have in there still seem tight, and E39 ones still felt OK... I think!

Hit them up and see what they do!!!

On 5/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, aja540i said:

PU has compressed to the point that there is now a gap either side of the steel sleeve, i can move the arms 3-4mm just by pushing / pulling them by hand!DSC_0686.thumb.JPG.5d9518cc46ad77605977903f70d517c3.JPG

Similar to what happened to mine. Though I mentioned race car. Didn't help me after that. Was many years ago though. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Allanw said:

They are supposed to have a "LIFETIME WARRANTY"... and I just ordered a boatload of them for my Touran...

The ones I already have in there still seem tight, and E39 ones still felt OK... I think!

Hit them up and see what they do!!!

Bloody boy racers. Who puts Powerflex in the missus family wagon, anyway???

• Haha 3

16 hour flight delayed 1 hour while they off load some prick with no visa. Causes us to miss not one but two flights from Auckland to Wellington. Then our 3rd flight is over an hour late leaving. 

Weather's sh*t. 

Welcome home I guess haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Weather's sh*t. 

was beautiful the past week though, didn't help me losing my voice overnight....  

19 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

was beautiful the past week though, didn't help me losing my voice overnight....  

Surprisingly the Weather in Wellington was great.  But Wellington always tries to BS me into living there.  May still happen.

My 11am flight yesterday didn't take off until 12:18.  There didn't seem to be any urgency or issues.  I just think that it was not actually scheduled to leave until 12ish.  But they told us 11 to fill it up.

59 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Surprisingly the Weather in Wellington was great.  But Wellington always tries to BS me into living there.  May still happen.

My 11am flight yesterday didn't take off until 12:18.  There didn't seem to be any urgency or issues.  I just think that it was not actually scheduled to leave until 12ish.  But they told us 11 to fill it up.

Hawke's Bay.
It's the future.
Our future, anyway. :)
Go fairly rural, and it's still easy to get to the big noisy places.

4 minutes ago, gjm said:

Hawke's Bay.
It's the future.
Our future, anyway. :)
Go fairly rural, and it's still easy to get to the big noisy places.

Our issue is jobs.  I have been looking as my family moved there a few years back.  Nothing for my partner.  And to be honest she is the bigger earner.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, B.M.W Ltd said:

Thanks Mr Negative 

he is right tho ,it may be a really nice car but it is ugly as sin IN MY OPINION.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Our issue is jobs.  I have been looking as my family moved there a few years back.  Nothing for my partner.  And to be honest she is the bigger earner.

I had the same issue. To be fair, I seem to have landed the only job in my field in the area.
What do you (both) do?

3 hours ago, gjm said:

I had the same issue. To be fair, I seem to have landed the only job in my field in the area.
What do you (both) do?

I'm ITish.  Mrs is Government.  I was looking at the ports expansion.  But there are a few offers in Wellington at the moment.

All is right Kyu, only a bruised Ego, 

shunted a Swift in the rear so hard that it bent both cars' chassis rails. 

• Sad 1

When you think of a much, much better way of doing things...

...just a few moments after you've gone past the point of no return.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

When you think of a much, much better way of doing things...

...just a few moments after you've gone past the point of no return.

Definition of experience, right there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Definition of experience, right there!

Experience: a comb life gives you just after you lose your hair.

• Haha 2

Trademe.  What a steaming turd it's become.

It was bad when I left NZ a few years back.  And now that I am back it is so much worse.

It is just littered with overseas sellers peddling their utter trash products.
We have no way of rating the products.  Just the seller.  Of which nobody bothers to do.

If you are going to allow all this sh*t on the site they need to change to a Amazon style rating system.  We need product reviews and ratings.  5000+ 5 star seller ratings doesn't help me see if the product I am buying from them is junk.

• Like 10

On 6/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, gjm said:

Experience: a comb life gives you just after you lose your hair.

You are Alanis Morrisette and I claim my $20 prize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, Olaf said:

You are Alanis Morrisette and I claim my $20 prize.

That's a bitter little pill!

• Haha 2

People who claim to have 'good' cars but who evidently cannot be bothered to do the most basic of research, like actually looking at the advert.

Guy selling Style 23s. One of the pics shows '7 1/2J x 17' stamped on the rim - first question asked is "Size and width?" I stopped reading (I don't want a set of 23s) but I suspect the next question would have been "Offset?" assuming the time-wasting question-setter actually knows about things like that.

Of course, the answer is et41. All genuine Style 23s are et41... As the simplest bit of investigation would reveal.

Selling stuff these days is more like a war of attrition than a chance to recoup some funds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some people are dumb as sh*t. I have my house advertised for rent. All the basic stuff is listed. Some person phones and proceeds to ask how many bedrooms there are (on the ad), how much the total upfront bond is (1 week rent in advance + 3 weeks bond, they couldn't do the maths on this) and the start date (on the ad).
This is why I hate having my number on ads, easier to ignore emails from idiots.