Apex

Quick rant thread.

Most cars from E60 upwards I believe have additional push buttons for fog lights, my E70 certainly does. I think people turn them all on without realising they have rear-facing fogs at all. 

8 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

...I think people turn them all on without realising they have rear-facing fogs at all. 

That's just as rant-worthy.

If you don't know how your vehicle works leave it in the garage.

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

e36 fogs can also only be on with other lights, I'm pretty sure that's standard across most vehicles.

Actually fogs+mains in one switch isn't the best in my mind, it lends itself to confusion. Headlights on a rotary switch and a separate fog on/off switch that de/activates fronts and rears at the same time plus a dash light is perfect. You can't screw that up.

The e36 nearly gets this right but it has separate front/rear fog switches which is stupid, there should be only one, there's no circumstance where you need one without the other.

not sure about that in a line of traffic once on a foggy night it was nice to have the fog lights but the renault in fornt of me had painfully bright rear fog which i wished he would.could have turned off.I dont think i ever used my rear fogs

21 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

not sure about that in a line of traffic once on a foggy night it was nice to have the fog lights but the renault in fornt of me had painfully bright rear fog which i wished he would.could have turned off.I dont think i ever used my rear fogs

Increase your following distance.

If it's foggy you need to use both front and rear lights, when it's not foggy you need to use neither.

51 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Increase your following distance.

If it's foggy you need to use both front and rear lights, when it's not foggy you need to use neither.

it is rarely so foggy in NZ that rear fog lights are required ,but proper front fogs do make the actual driving better

I don't think there are any instances in NZ where you NEED a rear fog light. Our roads aren't big enough and even at a large following distance you end up blinded by it. As long as the tail lights are on, that's usually plenty bright enough for most nz weather. 

Now if you were hammering along the Autobahn it would be good to see another car in front of you from a mile off, but that's not the case here. 

Edited by KwS

just another reason for self drive cars.

In Germany the law states that fog lights are to be used only if visibility is below 50m. Kind of a sensible rule. 

• Like 1

Glass BBQ enthusiasts driving absolutely f**ked cars in incredibly bad weather at well beyond the speed limit with their pittys hanging half way out the window.

Gotta love NZ roads on a Sunday. I'm the muppet though. Should never travel in sh*t weather on a Sunday.

• Haha 1

^ try car shopping on Sunday. absolutely miserable with zero hits, plenty of getting doused in rain though

Yeah that is not something I would attempt.  I was driving from Hamilton to Masterton.  Wish I had the dashcam installed.  Would have been some great entertainment for you all.

People on Facebook who are selling something with the 'pm me for deetz' so you PM them as they requested but they don't reply. Why even bother putting an ad if you you're not gunna reply

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

People on Facebook who are selling something with the 'pm me for deetz' so you PM them as they requested but they don't reply. Why even bother putting an ad if you you're not gunna reply

Yup.
I'll just add the whole 'deetz' thing. Text speak. Abbreviated bro-speak that lacks any sort of meaning. 
Learn to write properly or don't bother. Deliberate poor grammar is just lazy. If you can't be bothered to make sense when writing, what chance is there that you've looked after whatever you're selling?
Yes - I'm having a bad day. :P 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

esp when "deetz" is so much shorter than "details"

And especially when there is predictive text... 

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

they just waiting to steal it from someone then sell it to you, just wait they'll come back.....

Wellingtonian Rugby fans. Saddest most tame bunch ever. They were lifeless. 

67247422_2890698694280026_620639632018636800_n.jpg

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Driftit said:

Wellingtonian Rugby fans. Saddest most tame bunch ever. They were lifeless. 

To be fair, they didn't really have much to get excited about, the ABs put in a fairly tame performance.

And compared to any UK football crowd, ANY set of rugby fans in NZ are quiet and tame - it's called an atmosphere and getting into it. I got told to sit down and be quiet at one of the Lions games - by a guy that left before the end, go figure.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, kiwi535 said:

Yooz is jus bin rasist, wot dif it mayks if dey yuz propa spelin, yu ken unastan it so stop been eleetis.

<sarcasm>

5 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Yooz is jus bin rasist, wot dif it mayks if dey yuz propa spelin, yu ken unastan it so stop been eleetis.

<sarcasm>

Do excuse me, but I believe the word you were looking for is 'rassus'. Aint ne'er gonna bin nah racin' rarn hair.

Fo shizzle. (Whatever that means.)

Edited by gjm
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

To be fair, they didn't really have much to get excited about, the ABs put in a fairly tame performance.

And compared to any UK football crowd, ANY set of rugby fans in NZ are quiet and tame - it's called an atmosphere and getting into it. I got told to sit down and be quiet at one of the Lions games - by a guy that left before the end, go figure.

Bloody boomers. Even Tuesday night baseball got some passion out of the crowd.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, kiwi535 said:

I have noticed the latest trend isn't even "deets"... its "dets". I thought it was a spelling mistake on one listing, but have since seen it used a few times. Facebook is aids.

Another thing that pisses me off lately (since im car shopping), is cars that have been modified for a certain set of wheels (flares, pulled guards etc) and the seller saying "wheels not for sale, BYO wheels". WTF, who wants to buy a car without wheels, let alone one that is set up for a certain size/offset? Putting factory wheels back on would look stupid due to the body mods.

1 hour ago, KwS said:

Another thing that pisses me off lately (since im car shopping), is cars that have been modified for a certain set of wheels (flares, pulled guards etc) and the seller saying "wheels not for sale, BYO wheels". WTF, who wants to buy a car without wheels, let alone one that is set up for a certain size/offset? Putting factory wheels back on would look stupid due to the body mods.

It's common tactic to get more money. But agree f**king retarded.