Apex

Quick rant thread.

Came here to say some prick opened his door onto mine and dented the door. But seeing that picture ouch. 

I was in my car and parked right on the far edge of the last carpark in the row. Prick still parked crooked and over the line. I'm going to try make him pay for paint less dent removal. Wankers a regular at the train station. 

Why do I find the ridiculous E30 prices so frustrating? So much of it is ream stereotyped "I know what I've got" type stuff, too. 

Yes - prices are rising. But $9k for a car with no WoF? (We're not talking M-anything or even all that uncommon.) 

$4k+++ for a car with significant issues - an automatic that can't be relied on to find reverse. Similar for cars described as having "a little rust" - yeah, right. Nah.

Must be silly season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some muppet just paid $50K usd for a sh*t old Civic.  An absolutely lackluster non Type R yawn machine.

So if fools are collecting Nana's Civic.  Great Grandma's beige 320i Auto 4 door poverty edition is worth big bucks right?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Been waiting a month to get the 130 to BMW for a recall notice they issued.

There is a snow warning on the Remutaka's in effect until midday tomorrow so we rang to re-book.

Next appointment.  4th of August.  Is Winger BMW really that busy?  Or are they just fobbing off recall customers.

• Like 1

Team BMW in Newmarket told me they'd get back to me in 4 business days about my recall... 15 business days later? Nothing.

54 minutes ago, Driftit said:

There is a snow warning on the Remutaka's in effect until midday tomorrow so we rang to re-book.

Next appointment.  4th of August.  Is Winger BMW really that busy?  Or are they just fobbing off recall customers.

May be some truth to that, it was >6 weeks until I could get my 335d in for the EGR recall.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Since the lifting of the lockdown the workshop has been very busy, booked out between four to six weeks in advance.

In a franchise dealership recalls are money for jam,  All paid for by the factory, so far from fobbed off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

In a franchise dealership recalls are money for jam,  All paid for by the factory, so far from fobbed off.

Not really. Unless things have changed recall & warranty work is only paid for as a proportion of the retail hourly rate with no, or very little allowance on parts used. It is only paid for at factory set times in 99% of all cases.

39 minutes ago, balancerider said:

May be some truth to that, it was >6 weeks until I could get my 335d in for the EGR recall.

There were a number of stock issues with the coolers 

8 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Not really. Unless things have changed recall & warranty work is only paid for as a proportion of the retail hourly rate with no, or very little allowance on parts used. It is only paid for at factory set times in 99% of all cases.

This is true but it's easy money and the techs can often get through the work quickly due to the sheer volume of times they have done it before. 

21 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Can’t go into too many specifics, but things have changed from what you describe.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

This is true but it's easy money and the techs can often get through the work quickly due to the sheer volume of times they have done it before. 

Only if it doesn't interfere with retail work at the higher rate and profit on parts

Service managers have to account for workshop profitability by the bean counters upstairs. There has to be a spread of warranty & retail work to account for monthly figures. That is why dealership hourly rates are higher than interdependent repairers and your local garage.

It may well vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and market to market. Ford of Europe certainly didn’t leave any meat on the bone for the dealerships when it came to recalls.

9 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

That is why dealership hourly rates are higher than interdependent repairers and your local garage.

There are a million and one reasons for differing rates, from overheads down, but that is a whole other discussion.

Can Indi's complete recalls?

5 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I doubt it Dan

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

No

Well they can, they just won't get reimbursed by BMW for the parts or labour.

Oh well.  I will wait another month.
My parts from ECS still haven't shown up.  Two days from the US to NZ.  Five days in NZ so far.  Out for delivery apparently.  At least the $800usd package didn't get picked up by customs..  Their new system is sh*t isn't it.  Well not for us.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 12:17 PM, Driftit said:

they were really that busy even before lockdown.  needed an alignment as part of insurance repair of a minor love tap.  'Ooh, a chance to experience BMW alignment procedure.  Repairer is certed and work with Winger.  Should be easy.' thought I.  "First appointment - 3 weeks".   I used the repairer's other supplier.

We're flat out since lockdown too. Its crazy.

The recall reimbursement must differ between brands, but most it not all of ours pay us f**k all for recalls. The only hope for making any reasonable money on them is to have the techs slam it out in a much shorter time than the book time, but the book time on recalls is stupidly short as it is.

Ordering things from Trademe.  Ordered a small cable on Sunday afternoon.  They only put it in (not sent) a courier bag yesterday at 3pm.  Due to arrive Friday to a commercial address.  Just too slow.

7 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Ordering things from Trademe.  Ordered a small cable on Sunday afternoon.  They only put it in (not sent) a courier bag yesterday at 3pm.  Due to arrive Friday to a commercial address.  Just too slow.

Trademe has such a huge variation of quality in traders/suppliers, I have had good and bad experiences. I ordered some bits for the Q7 and haven't even received a confirmation of payment receipt and yet for the stuff that I ordered ex-OZ, it arrived in 3 days this morning, 

35 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

Trademe has such a huge variation of quality in traders/suppliers, I have had good and bad experiences. I ordered some bits for the Q7 and haven't even received a confirmation of payment receipt and yet for the stuff that I ordered ex-OZ, it arrived in 3 days this morning, 

It needs to change it's rating system.

2nd Hand Item - Rate the trader

New Item - Rate the trader and the item

Obviously rating the Item would only work for items with brand names and/or model numbers.  Not crafted items.
This lumped into one website they have is a sh*t show.

• Like 2

$67.00 for a WOF check at VTNZ. And an hour long waiting time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1