Apex

Quick rant thread.

9 minutes ago, Contrails said:

$67.00 for a WOF check at VTNZ. And an hour long waiting time. 

WTF? Is that the normal price now?

$5K +gst bill for some custom hydraulic lines, of which $2800 was for 28 stainless hose ends. I’m in the wrong trade it would seem!

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Contrails said:

$67.00 for a WOF check at VTNZ. And an hour long waiting time. 

Wow gone are the days of the $20 WOF.  Long gone.

• Haha 1

Showing your age now Dan...

"I can remember when... beer cost less than a pound a pint, and WoFs were only $20... my son"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

$5K +gst bill for some custom hydraulic lines, of which $2800 was for 28 stainless hose ends. I’m in the wrong trade it would seem!

100 bucks a hose end is a little on the high side, but overall,  the complete cost is not so far out if the 14 hoses (assuming flexible stainless braided hoses are on the EXARO hose register.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Showing your age now Dan...

"I can remember when... beer cost less than a pound a pint, and WoFs were only $20... my son"

Good ol'days huh.  Paid $15 a pint (US Pint :( ) in the CBD last week.
Even my local Gladstone Pub is $9 a handle and it's only open Wed to Sunday.  No more Monday drinking.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

100 bucks a hose end is a little on the high side, but overall,  the complete cost is not so far out if the 14 hoses (assuming flexible stainless braided hoses are on the EXARO hose register.

O-ring end fittings and 8 of them are constantly sitting underwater (salt). Yea no drama with the cost overall, the labour and travel to see us was more than reasonable. Wasn’t braid, plastic(?) coated. 

Ah, got you. 316L or duplex is not cheap. I do a lot of SS equipment for the F&B Production/manufacture and variation in costs can be whiplash inducing. I can get items made up in italy and shipped over for half the cost of doing it here.  

• Like 1

Reality is if anyones charging less than $50 for a wof, they're making their money elsewhere...

$49 for a WoF in town. And I can take a look under the car at the same time.

It's cheaper to take the M5 to BMW for the WOF than to VTNZ, and BMW wash it as well. No brainer.

• Like 4

The good thing about VTNZ is no appointment necessary and it was for the Suzuki Swift. Pretty sure it was $59.00 last year.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, balancerider said:

May be some truth to that, it was >6 weeks until I could get my 335d in for the EGR recall.

So my EGR cooler replacement has been re-delayed because the wrong part was ordered...

Oh well, got to do my commute yesterday in a Mini Cooper S instead

10 hours ago, Contrails said:

The good thing about VTNZ is no appointment necessary and it was for the Suzuki Swift. Pretty sure it was $59.00 last year.

Yeah it was.  I got a VTNZ WOF this time last year and it was $59.

What is strange is that CarJam does not show that I got this WOF.  Or are they one behind?

waiting for my $5 stubby aerial from aliexpress for a month and no tracking number.. 

E36 parts prices are now heading the way of e30 stuff and in some cases, more expensive. 2k for a ZF manual conversion, $1200 for a 220 conversion... makes the $1500 shipped from the UK I paid for my 6 speed a few years ago a bargain. 

Well E36's are the new E30. People buying another box instead of repairing them and MX5 guys fitting them is going to push prices up also.

I knew hoarding e36 manual conversions and useless OEM junk was my great retirement plan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's mainly the RFB boys, they finally caught on that the e36 is a well balanced and more importantly cheap platform to go drifting

That's quite true. But there's a whole lot more as circuit cars here in NZ than drifting. 

I'll stick to hoarding parts and driving old British cars instead

I wonder what all those broken and damaged e36 bits that I just didn't have the heart to throw out will be worth? Like 3 sets of incomplete coupe door cards! ? 

Got a mint drivers black leather one you wanna part with? 

• Haha 1

Sorry no. If that was a subtle reference to another thread then I'm pissing myself, if not then happy coincidence.

I will be selling an average quality full M-Rain e36 M3 interior though... I'm returning mine to stock after that one went for $37k.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I wonder what all those broken and damaged e36 bits that I just didn't have the heart to throw out will be worth? Like 3 sets of incomplete coupe door cards! ? 

Why don’t you try selling them then instead of having a whinge about being called out for sh*t stirring. Subtle enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4