Apex

Quick rant thread.

No sh*t stirring, no whinge, nothing to sell, not sure what you're on about actually Martin.

11 hours ago, M3AN said:

Sorry no. If that was a subtle reference to another thread then I'm pissing myself, if not then happy coincidence.

I will be selling an average quality full M-Rain e36 M3 interior though... I'm returning mine to stock after that one went for $37k.

Happy coincidence I’m afraid. As you mentioned prices are sky rocketing, so would like to replace mine since it’s cracked around the door lock puller upper knobby dealy to get new it looking mint as possable 

I might be able to do a good set without inserts if that would suit. Not a promise but I can take a closer look and pics for you. 

People posting a quote of the post that is right above their response...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

People posting a quote of the post that is right above their response...

I usually do that if I'm looking for a response as they get a notification? Or is there a simpler way?

It doesn't seem worth worrying about unless they quote a whole bunch of images. And yes, the notification usecase is valid and valuable. 

Avoid quoting images and we should be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Sammo said:

I usually do that if I'm looking for a response as they get a notification? Or is there a simpler way?

Plenty of other ways, subscribe to the thread, is it only Admin that get the "Notify me of replies" option at the bottom of the window?, tagging people in, liking the post, checking back a few hours later to have a look.

It's not too bad on a PC screen, but on a phone it becomes a real pain as the thread is much longer to scroll through than it needs to be.

Images are a real pain.

So it's been a month.  I drove my 130i all the way from Gladstone, over the hill, sat in traffic (Why the F are there traffic lights on a motorway) and dropped it at Winger BMW in Wellington to have it's cooling hose recall completed.  They called us in the afternoon and said the car is ready for pickup.

They completed the 1st part of the recall.....  Apparently it was always a two step process.  First they check the part number to see if it needs replacing.  It does.  Then they replace it.  They had time to replace it.  But don't have the part....  It's on back order in Germany.

So now at some unknown date in the future I will have to bring it back over and repeat the process..

Dealerships still managing to cost me money and time.  I could have checked the bloody part number myself.
Also this issue effects nearly all BMW vehicles with this motor.  If you haven't had the recall.  Might be worth looking it up and confirming the part number.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

So it's been a month.  I drove my 130i all the way from Gladstone, over the hill, sat in traffic (Why the F are there traffic lights on a motorway) and dropped it at Winger BMW in Wellington to have it's cooling hose recall completed.  They called us in the afternoon and said the car is ready for pickup.

They completed the 1st part of the recall.....  Apparently it was always a two step process.  First they check the part number to see if it needs replacing.  It does.  Then they replace it.  They had time to replace it.  But don't have the part....  It's on back order in Germany.

So now at some unknown date in the future I will have to bring it back over and repeat the process..

Dealerships still managing to cost me money and time.  I could have checked the bloody part number myself.
Also this issue effects nearly all BMW vehicles with this motor.  If you haven't had the recall.  Might be worth looking it up and confirming the part number.

Who doesn't buy a BMW and immediately replace the entire cooling system??? ??

• Like 1

Isnt it the heating element in the CCV system lines? They were shorting out and starting fires.

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

Seems reminiscent of my recent experience, Winger having ordered the wrong part. 

One reason I wish I still lived in Hamilton...?

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Isnt it the heating element in the CCV system lines? They were shorting out and starting fires.

Well I was lazy and just went on what they were telling me.
Its the PCV Angle Connector as Jacko was referring to.  Shorts and starts a fire.

Its this part.  Should I tell Winger that FCP has them for order.  ?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-angle-connector-11617561408

Might have a look and see how much of a job it is and do it myself if they take too long.
Info on the recall.  https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2019/bmw-pcv-valve-heater-recall.shtml

Edited by Driftit

The tube that fits to gets really brittle, its pretty common for them to snap when ya mess with em. If it does snap it becomes a mare of the job as its pretty much totally CCV system replacement which is a job with bloody knuckles and swear words (at least on silver tops)

Id let them do it, and they can deal with it if they break a line. Or just do it as part of the full CCV system refresh ya self, they all fail at somepoint anyway :D 

Hated doing that job on the M54.  Hated it.  So yeah i would prefer they did it.  I didn't know the issue existed until they informed me.  So I can't worry about it too much.  They have also acknowledged the faulty part is present now.

I only wish I could order the part and sell it to them.  FCP is probably as cheap as their cost anyway.

It only needs extra parts in very small number of cases, and often being a recall part, can be hard to get hold of

Incompetence.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Incompetence.  

or cynically, a last gasp attempt at stockholm syndrome to get them thru as there latest internal polls weren't so good

judging by the comments flying on SM i don't think the team of 5 mill is too happy this time

• Confused 1

to be fair it's not their fault,

it was always going to happen regardless of who was in power and did what ever, as soon as you open any border it was only a matter of time, you could test every single person, every airline staff shipcrew and hotel worker, it would still get out, nature has a way and nothing stops it

people were living under a false hope, it was inevitable , blame is a waste of time

• Like 1

Need to get on with protecting the vulnerable and at-risk; get a decent pandemic response plan in place (eg Taiwan); get on with managing this rather than valiantly trying to eradicate it.  And punish those being f@#king idiots or flouting rules/spreading disease.

Most Australian states (as they’re able to do their own thing) aren’t doing eradication.  So by extrapolation, we’ll never have an open border with Australia under the new edict ‘we won’t open our borders to any country that hasn’t been case-free for 28 days’.  

We led the world in free-falling our economy in 1987 with our stock market collapse after a tumble that the rest of the world recovered from in a couple of months. NZ took more than 5 years, and entire fortunes - public, private, corporate - were wiped out.  Nobody noticed outside of NZ - the rest of the world re-started their party.  That’ll happen again shortly; everyone will soon forget our ‘world leader’ status as quickly as it was gained, and we’ll be standing on the sidelines wondering how we got this so wrong while our pockets and bank accounts are empty and the economy is crushed.  Don’t mention the debt.

/rant

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, kwhelan said:

to be fair it's not their fault,

it was always going to happen regardless of who was in power and did what ever, as soon as you open any border it was only a matter of time, you could test every single person, every airline staff shipcrew and hotel worker, it would still get out, nature has a way and nothing stops it

people were living under a false hope, it was inevitable , blame is a waste of time

Yup. A resurgence (and this is tiny) was to be expected.

Ardent (pun very much intended!) right-wingers jumped on the announcement, claiming it as a victory in their desperate fight to show Labour as not managing Covid-19. Conspiracy theories abound, with National supporters claiming it is a deliberate ploy by Labour to gain votes.

Meanwhile...

[conspiracy theory]
National engineer a new outbreak of Covid-19 as  away to show the public Labour haven't been any good, and that National should be elected. (Fits with Woodhouse's previous attempt at discreditation.)
[/conspiracy theory]

And, of course, Labour accolytes want the world to know what a great job their party is doing, managing this, clamping down, and so on.

People just need to wake up. There are no winners in this. We're all in it together (inadvertent side-reference to the team of 5 million) and what happens next is up to us.

But we’re not “all in this together”, are we?  Are our politicians (note I didn’t say Government) really impacted by their decisions?  They’re not going to lose their jobs or their homes, or their businesses; some are even having trouble actually making a pay cut that they promised!  Odd really, there are many govt systems efficiently operating to remove income from a paycheque...

Edited by Olaf

I suspect a lot of bleating in the news is pretty much campaigning. but I digress.

on the US politics side, he chose his very own Judith Collins, Biden did, as a VP. 

• Like 1