Apex

Quick rant thread.

3 hours ago, gjm said:

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Bloody Skyline drivers. Let two cars and a lorry in after that, though.

Obviously a case of badge envy. :)

The knob cheese who did it to me was in a newish vw jetta. Proceeded to sound his horn and flip the bird. He then took a pic of my car while i had my middle finger out the drivers window. Don't get why it's so hard to give people space to get in to a lane. I see this a lot.

I was trying to filter on to SH1 southbound from the Redoubt Rd sliproad - filter like a zip.

A broken zip, in this case. There was a space, but Mr Skyline driver decided I wasn't going to be occupying it.

I, too, see it all the time. It's just another symptom of the appalling quality of so much driving at the moment.

11 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

The knob cheese who did it to me was in a newish vw jetta. Proceeded to sound his horn and flip the bird. He then took a pic of my car while i had my middle finger out the drivers window. Don't get why it's so hard to give people space to get in to a lane. I see this a lot.

I just let people in, much less stressful on all involved. Plus I like the idea that it makes someone a little happier to be able to get into traffic easier. 

Not moving up in an orderly fashion the KFC line. Dude there's space !

IMG_1082.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of my pet peeves, people that don't progress the queue whether in a vehicle or on foot. Do they have no idea? 

More outside lane hogging.
This time an airport shuttle minibus (from Super Shuttle) and trailer. Came out of Island Block Road heading north, was still in the right hand lane at Pukekohe, 15km later. Might have passed a dozen vehicles in the meantime, but probably less.
Of course, it's not illegal, and the driver was doing a solid 100km/h+, but what happened to lane discipline, especially among what should be regarded as professional drivers?

1 hour ago, gjm said:

More outside lane hogging.
This time an airport shuttle minibus (from Super Shuttle) and trailer. Came out of Island Block Road heading north, was still in the right hand lane at Pukekohe, 15km later. Might have passed a dozen vehicles in the meantime, but probably less.
Of course, it's not illegal, and the driver was doing a solid 100km/h+, but what happened to lane discipline, especially among what should be regarded as professional drivers?

Could be worse, 85km/h in the outside lane. No f**ks given.

Had another case of speed up to try block me in to getting in to a lane. This time a vtnz car.

Also when a road is congested just ahead of an intersection, people still end up driving right up to the next car resulting in a blocked intersection. 

Edited by BreakMyWindow

Wellingtons new 'smart' motorway. Feel for the Hutt Valley (SH2) commuters - it doesn't seem to be that 'smart' for them :D

• Like 2

Car park buildings in wgtn that are open then closed then open again.

Did they actually check the building when I asked if it had been checked and safe ..... yes sir , people are parking in it now ....only to be closed 2 days later for "48 hour inspection"

Wft, don't lie upfront , instead say something like , looks ok but park at your own risk , inspection later in the week.

20 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Could be worse, 85km/h in the outside lane. No f**ks given.

Had that this evening. Right hand lane from Papakura through to just short of Hampton Downs.

An eejit hoon and his mate in a white Hilux was riding his bumper with main beam on from Island Block Road - still took 6km for the f^ckw!t to pull over.

Just flicking through Facebook while having a coffee and saw a couple of For Sales come up.

One was for a 2000/1 E46 325Ci with a manual 'box. Business Edition, leather seats, multi-CD changer and added BMW Bluetooth and USB functions, and all the rest.

One was for a 2001 320i saloon with a Tiptronic box, cloth interior and M3 badges.

The difference? One was £750, one was $6500. Guess which was which?

• Like 2

The £750 one was the one with the sills rotted off?

I read a UK E39 forum... they have issues! :P

2016 has been a monumentally crap year for us (and I'm aware of others who've had a less than great time), for too many reasons.

And now any hopes that it was going to be simply rectified by the year bringing up whatever had caused it so much angst have been dashed.

Henry Heimlich died yesterday.

he had a good innings.  hopefully he didn't pass as a result of choking on food!

• Like 2

Young women (I was going to say girls but that really would have made me sound like a grumpy old git) on their bloody phones while driving.

What is sooo important on your Facebook that you want to risk an accident? 

Half the traffic jams are caused by silly tarts checking their phones and not watching the traffic or the lights.

going to go postal over this very soon I think...!

• Like 2

Its not even girls/women, plenty of guys looking down at their phones in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic. f**kers.

From a fairly extensive survey in the local traffic I find that guys tend to be more talking on their phone rather than texting / checking facebook / taking selfies (saw it this morning, young woman in the car behind at the lights, incredible), but yes there are a few younger guys that do the same.

Howwever, if there is a car sitting at the lights when they have gone green or not keeping up with the queue 99 times out of a 100 it will be a young woman on their phone that is causing it.

I know people have grabbed keys off of tourists due to their sh*t driving, I might have to start doing the same with retards phones..

• Like 1

Morale at work is at an all time low. Ozzie overlords cancelled our usual Christmas dinner events(for the first time in 40 years) and told us not to hold the Christmas BBQ. No bonuses either.

yee pee kay yay

When people ask a question on trademe offering substantially lower than the buy now, but, wait for it... "Cash".

What else do they think they can pay with?! Their McDonalds toy collection? I am a private seller, I don't do finance, therefore every sale is "Cash"!!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, huff3r said:

When people ask a question on trademe offering substantially lower than the buy now, but, wait for it... "Cash".

What else do they think they can pay with?! Their McDonalds toy collection? I am a private seller, I don't do finance, therefore every sale is "Cash"!!!

Damn. There goes any chance of my jelly beans offer being accepted. :(
It was going to be for a lot of jelly beans, too! 

• Like 1

I occasionally offer bricks of hash or coke instead of cash, you need to pick your sellers though! ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, huff3r said:

HAHA! I saw that one on your listing and giggled. :-)