Apex

Quick rant thread.

1,582 posts in this topic

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

2 people like this

12 hours ago, gjm said:

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

Anyone? Like a tyre shop maybe???

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Edited by Driftit
1 person likes this

I have never heard them called "traffic circles" before. In my life.

That's the Saffa term is it not?

Traffic Circles
Traffic Robots

Think I have been hanging around them too much.

Round About.

18 hours ago, Driftit said:

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

6 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

That bloody Panmure roundabout, nearly been hit a few times trying to go straight from the middle lane. Now I just stick to the right lane as a precaution (going from Ellierslie-Panmure highway to Lagoon Drive) 

Edited by Matth5