Jump to content
Apex

Quick rant thread.

Recommended Posts

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gjm said:

I don't debate the 'built not bought' thing. Each to their own...

But today I saw someone saying they'd drive to meet anyone who could help them change their wheels. :huh: :huh: :huh: 

Anyone? Like a tyre shop maybe???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never heard them called "traffic circles" before. In my life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the Saffa term is it not?

Traffic Circles
Traffic Robots

Think I have been hanging around them too much.

Round About.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Driftit said:

Traffic Circles in the US.  The drivers have NO idea how to tackle these.  Whilst very simple to most, yanks fail to give way to the right direction, cut across all lanes without looking let alone indicating to where the hell they are going.  They are truly terrifying.  I had to jam on the brakes the other night to avoid a f**king uber driver dropping someone off whilst half way through the damn thing.

One of my local ones has a through road and traffic lights on it, pedestrian crossings with no lights at every entrance.  It is a total cluster f**k.  I have seen so many near misses there.

I'm going to wear my horn out I think.

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Sounds a bit like negotiating the roundabouts in East Auckland...

That bloody Panmure roundabout, nearly been hit a few times trying to go straight from the middle lane. Now I just stick to the right lane as a precaution (going from Ellierslie-Panmure highway to Lagoon Drive) 

Edited by Matth5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Polybushes.

Why are they in such bright colours? What's wrong with black?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gjm said:

Polybushes.

Why are they in such bright colours? What's wrong with black?

This.

 

You can get powerflex ones in black but they are the race ones and probably to much for a road car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gjm said:

Polybushes.

Why are they in such bright colours? What's wrong with black?

 

48 minutes ago, zero said:

This.

You can get powerflex ones in black but they are the race ones and probably to much for a road car.

Aye... The Powerflex kit is good, but race-use bushes aren't want I'm after.

Everything seems to be red or yellow (depending on manufacturer or hardness).
Still, if we had Japanese cars, the bushes would probably be lime green or purple...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because people like their mods to be visible I guess. 

Same for after market suspension, brake kits ect. All bright and shiny colours, while the OEM stuff is usually just black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today the 520i spat out it's fan blades, taking with it both belts. This to go with the Topaz 530i having no WOF (airbag light) and the Titan 530i is missing a window (stone from lawnmower)

Merry Christmas, I guess world peace is too much to hope for, can't even have 3 complete BMWs...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2017 at 9:03 AM, gjm said:

Polybushes.

Why are they in such bright colours? What's wrong with black?

Super Pro - a reasonable blue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 11:00 AM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Today the 520i spat out it's fan blades, taking with it both belts. This to go with the Topaz 530i having no WOF (airbag light) and the Titan 530i is missing a window (stone from lawnmower)

Merry Christmas, I guess world peace is too much to hope for, can't even have 3 complete BMWs...

No idea how you manage 3 of them. Can't wait to get rid of just the one, so much crappy plastic failing everywhere.

The other day i noticed both the bottom corners on my msport front bumper have had chunks taken out of them (probably from stones etc hitting them at speed). Never see that on say an E34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it with people who want "recommendations for quality coilies to go superlow but won't cost mucho $$$ and keep a good ride"?

Ain't no such thing.

A decent set of shocks and springs will cost that; a decent set of coilovers will cost more. (Nothing wrong with a good coilover setup, of course.)

Just saw someone looking for exactly this, but doesn't want to spend more than $500! "Why are BC Golds so expensive, bro..."

A decent set of springs is going to cost $300+.

These people have no idea of the damage they're doing to their cars, or the safety issues they present to themselves and others.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some flat bill hat wearing ballbag trying to buy some coilovers off me a while ago who didn't want to spend more than $500 and they had to be "mint" 
Bloody idiots. 

I've now discovered since I got the manual E53 I don't want to drive my three 3 series anymore or my e39. They're all too low and my old man back gets grumpy. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holiday traffic, where the lesser spotted numpty driver leaves its natural habitat of the city and goes out onto the open road.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, gjm said:

What is it with people who want "recommendations for quality coilies to go superlow but won't cost mucho $$$ and keep a good ride"?

Ain't no such thing.

A decent set of shocks and springs will cost that; a decent set of coilovers will cost more. (Nothing wrong with a good coilover setup, of course.)

Just saw someone looking for exactly this, but doesn't want to spend more than $500! "Why are BC Golds so expensive, bro..."

A decent set of springs is going to cost $300+.

These people have no idea of the damage they're doing to their cars, or the safety issues they present to themselves and others.

Kids are just dumb, it's all about the look and they just dont know any better, but they go to bed at night thinking they are cool and their equally dumb peer group supports them here. It's like the mentally retarded leading the blind. The upside is that when they get tired of the cool look the cars can be cheap to buy. I have bought some cheap cars and motorbikes off Flat Peak halfwits their stupidity has been my gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why is it that some people have absolutely no concept of how a throttle works.I went to lunch with a workmate the other day.I swear as he was driving and talking to me that his throtle application to maintain well in excess of 50 k was half throttle no throttle half throttle no throttle.His stop at the traffic circle round about would have put me through the windscreen if i wasnt wearing a seat belt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

why is it that some people have absolutely no concept of how a throttle works.

Do you mean the foot-operated go-faster switch?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gjm said:

Do you mean the foot-operated go-faster switch?

thats how it seems to work for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

must have been an electric car hear they are all talk and not much else :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, allan said:

must have been an electric car hear they are all talk and not much else :lol:

suzuki swift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually remember being in a taxi way back when the driver drove like that on the accelerator. I was like WFT dude, that's not how you use that pedal and he mumbled something like 'how else can you use it? with your hand?'.

I gave up quickly.

 

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×