Apex

Quick rant thread.

31 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Yeah, me too.

Watched a guy set the pressure on the tyre pump to 52 PSI the other day... for a 90's Corolla on 14's... suggested about 15 PSI lower might help his tyres last longer.

perhaps it has a slow leak. or he is going drifting. or planning to store the car for 6 months. you are probably right tho ha.

Ford recommend 49.7psi for my daily.

• Like 1

jeepers i dont run that sort of pressure on my 265.65/17 LT tyres.!Some do but the ride is horrendous

27 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Ford recommend 49.7psi for my daily.

🤨

Wow.

Mine is supposed to have 42 PSI:

39460545590_118918e971.jpg

'specially since it has a fat-arse cast iron VR6 in the front now 😀 :

32727641163_ba41510a6c.jpg

I'm continually amazed at people who just put 30PSI in everything! 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sleeper.

Nice.

• Like 1

Having to wait for your new trolley to be processed. Last one available in the colour I wanted after selling 2 of our other cars 😖

Also for sale is the Ti M52B28..... you can take it away for $8,000...... owes me more than $20,000

• Like 2

On 1 June 2018 at 4:34 PM, *Glenn* said:

Having to wait for your new trolley to be processed. Last one available in the colour I wanted after selling 2 of our other cars 😖

Also for sale is the Ti M52B28..... you can take it away for $8,000...... owes me more than $20,000

what have you brought ?

Amazon...

When I was receiving stuff from HP (Hewlett Packard) at work, we'd have a go at them about their over-sized packaging. Huge boxes for certificates for kit, that sort of thing.

It seems Amazon subscribe to the same policy. One 3.5" hard disk drive. Package size - 36 cm × 31 cm × 8 cm !!! (For comparison - the drive is 15cm x 10cm x 2.5cm.) Of course, this is then reflected as 'volumetric weight' (which works out to be 3x actual weight) in the on-shipping costs from MyUS (and NZPost YouShop, and all others), and they'll not repack because it is a single item. Shipping direct to NZ from Amazon in the US is not available.

And then, when it does finally get here, the NZPost (or whatever courier/carrier) won't deliver it because it's either too big to go in the post box, or because we're Rural Delivery and heaven forbid a courier should have to deliver to somewhere they're driving past anyway, so it'll be left in a depot somewhere instead, waiting for me to go and collect it in person.

So I get to pay more for less, extra $$$ for slower non-delivery!

😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡

4 hours ago, gjm said:

Amazon...

When I was receiving stuff from HP (Hewlett Packard) at work, we'd have a go at them about their over-sized packaging. Huge boxes for certificates for kit, that sort of thing.

It seems Amazon subscribe to the same policy. One 3.5" hard disk drive. Package size - 36 cm × 31 cm × 8 cm !!! (For comparison - the drive is 15cm x 10cm x 2.5cm.) Of course, this is then reflected as 'volumetric weight' (which works out to be 3x actual weight) in the on-shipping costs from MyUS (and NZPost YouShop, and all others), and they'll not repack because it is a single item. Shipping direct to NZ from Amazon in the US is not available.

And then, when it does finally get here, the NZPost (or whatever courier/carrier) won't deliver it because it's either too big to go in the post box, or because we're Rural Delivery and heaven forbid a courier should have to deliver to somewhere they're driving past anyway, so it'll be left in a depot somewhere instead, waiting for me to go and collect it in person.

So I get to pay more for less, extra $$$ for slower non-delivery!

😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡 🤬 😡

HP are very bad at this sort of thing.
One of my pet peeves with them is they ship every monitor they sell with its own stand. we are recycling upwards of 500 stands a week that are brand new out of the box and straight into the shredder to be recycled. and it all but the very latest models come in polystyrene.
(Yes i understand exceptions on a production line, and i understand they cost both cents to manufacture, and are worth cents to us)

a pity really, because HP is otherwise the best brand in new zealand, if the sheer amount of kit with their badge on the front is anything to go by.