Apex

Quick rant thread.

Missing the point much.... I have negative attitude to cyclists, but that doesn't mean that I go around trying to knock them off their bikes. Quite the opposite in fact, I give them a wide, wide berth - as they wobble all over the road and I really don't want to deal with their guilt tripping on me.

I do ride a bike quite often, and if you're worried about a motorist, try cycling to work along a narrow open road with stock trucks on the way to the sale yards sqeezing past. I'm sure I got licked by the cows on more than one occaision.

The BIG difference is that I realize that being on the moral high ground doesn't help in an accident, so I think about when and where I ride (to keep out of the way basically) and ride defensively, not in some kind of angry vigilante attack mode.

Only last week I had a wonderful interaction with a cyclist in Napier - wobbling his way down a narrow street with cars parked both sides, and traffic in both directions. No helmet and trying to shield his younger son (also no helmet) from the traffic, causing him to swerve all across the road. Realising what an accident waiting to happen this guy was I made sure I got nowhere near him so that it wouldn't be me that he finally managed to throw himself into. When I came across the same two guys later in town and I suggested he should be setting a better example and wearing his helmet the response was "those rules dont apply, I am my own god"! The words on his T-shirt "I am unstoppable". I really hope he has a DNR notice on him when he is taken into A&E.

There needs to be much better education of cyclists (and more emphasis on policing them, rather than making money from speeding fines) any idiot can jump on a bike and pedal off along the road - whether they are a driver and know the road rules or not.

Actually don't disagree with anything you've said. I am confident you're more evolved than many of the neanderthals that we let behind the wheel (and behind the handlebars of a bicycle), and don't set out to injure people when you're driving.

My fear (and something I have seen first hand), is that that negative attitude, among the lesser evolved, can manifest itself in driving habits that are overtly aggressive and dangerous. I understand the frustrations of motorists when dealing with annoying cyclists, and I understand the frustrations of cyclists when dealing with annoying motorists. But when some lunatic in a lowered ute decides to drive his car through a bunch of cyclists, it is real people, getting really hurt. Its not a funny "just drive them off the road, haha!" kind of them-and-us, jokey attitude anymore.

I'm sure its the same people that drive dangerously and overtake on blind corners. It just seems a little more real when you don't have two tonnes of metal around you. Its the reason I worry whenever a family member is out for a Sunday ride.

• Like 3

Why isn't there some kind of special test you have to pass before you're allowed to drive a car?

Our (rural) road is closed at one end for slip repairs. My wife and I, with two boys walking and one in the backpack on my back, went for a walk to see how it was going. On the return trip, we met a man on a horse (A GIANT horse too!) and we heard a car coming, so stepped off the side of the road and waited.

Mrs Peoplemoverdriver comes around the corner, sees us all, doesn't slow down, but moved across the centre line on a blind corner to give us space (nice?), but CONTINUED texting the entire time!

It's the SAME dumbass that only months ago tried a 3 point turn between two blind corners in a 100 zone, where there is a NO U-TURN sign, on the site where someone died doing just that!

Luckily she had her ghey stick on LED daytime running lights on, so she was completely visible and invincible.

Surely there must be a certain % of the population who are clearly too stupid to drive, who should be failing driving tests and never be allowed a license? I can start a list right now!

• Like 2

Oh, and f**ktards that stop about 20m away from the car in front at traffic lights, usually because they are in such a hurry to stop and see if anyone has liked their recent twatter post. No wonder there are so many traffic jams in auckland, you only need 5 cars for a one mile tailback with those gaps.

this is especially annoying if you are trying to turn left and would totally get through if the said car actually stopped properly not leave a huge gap!

then you beep the horn and they give you a death stare as you drive past as if you disturbed them in some way. idiots.

i also hate people who stop on the left most lane in which you can go straight and turn left but the signal is red for straight but green for left. and they wana go straight so they've stopped at the start of the queue (presumably so they can drag race the person on the going straight lane or just get a head start) thus blocking like 10 cars trying to turn left even when the light is green.

• Like 2

Oh, and f**ktards that stop about 20m away from the car in front at traffic lights, usually because they are in such a hurry to stop and see if anyone has liked their recent twatter post. No wonder there are so many traffic jams in auckland, you only need 5 cars for a one mile tailback with those gaps.

And then creap forward half a meter at a time untill the lights turn green

• Like 1

people that press/stick their finger in the wraped meet packages at the super market. WTF.

• Like 5

How petrol pumps slow their filling cycle even on non prepay.

When people tell you not to use your cell on the forecourt.

People who ride their clutch at the lights.

• Like 3

How petrol pumps slow their filling cycle even on non prepay.

When people tell you not to use your cell on the forecourt.

People who ride their clutch at the lights.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd to this people that get $5.00 petrol then spend 15min waiting for their coffee froffing milk Latta, wankers.

• Like 2

In an ideal world, every pump would have a percolated coffee nozzle. Can just see it. Diesel. 91. 98. Black Coffee.

• Like 3

And then creap forward half a meter at a time untill the lights turn green

Yup, which plays merry hell with the stop / start system in newer cars.

Plus they are then so busy farting around with their bloody phone that they then miss when the lights go green, by the time you have got on the horn and given them a blast the lights have changed to amber because they have detected no more traffic coming thanks to the f**ktard, they go roaring through and then you are stuck there on a red-light.

I have found the best way to prevent this is a pre-emptive strike on the horn..

• Like 1

People not using the t2 lane and making me wait even longer.

When the vending machine at work was filled up and all the drinks are warm and you didn't know :(

When you put you warm vending machine drink in the work fridge to cool down and someone drinks it before you get back.

One more cyclist poke. Why would you put yourself and your family at risk on NZ's roads knowing full well how poorly skilled and highly distracted a large majority of drivers are? Get a mountain bike and hit some trails. Better to hit a tree and fall off than to be hit and dragged under a truck.

• Like 4

What people dont understand about me when i rant on about how much i hate road cyclists... is that i actually really enjoy hitting the trails on a mountain bike. I concur whole heartedly.

Slow as f*** cook Strait ferries

• Like 2

Guest MP0wer

What people dont understand about me when i rant on about how much i hate road cyclists... is that i actually really enjoy hitting the trails on a mountain bike. I concur whole heartedly.

Friend drops me off, I am walking down the street to my home, cyclist pops from no where, slowly crosses the street in a rush, then crosses it back 1 min later disregarding the oncoming traffic, guy was wearing the yellow shield.

What I hate about rants overall is: "What can WE do about it?" You see, no solutions are offered. So if I were to play the devils advocate, I would propose a solution that is realistic. In my honest perspective, Sticks, blades and stones will break their bones & possibly morally wound them, but realistically, our words will do nothing to make them change. Lets become vigilantes, like mad max, mount clutch operated superchargers on our cars, weld removable bumper guards and hunt down cyclists, Just like the original mad max film. That's the only way.

Edited by MP0wer

Stupid customers.

Customer walks in to the workshop past approx 150 welders "are you the welder repair place?"

Duh, open your eyes dude you just walked past the sign and made your way through the maze of welders.

Friend drops me off, I am walking down the street to my home, cyclist pops from no where, slowly crosses the street in a rush, then crosses it back 1 min later disregarding the oncoming traffic, guy was wearing the yellow shield.

What I hate about rants overall is: "What can WE do about it?" You see, no solutions are offered. So if I were to play the devils advocate, I would propose a solution that is realistic. In my honest perspective, Sticks, blades and stones will break their bones & possibly morally wound them, but realistically, our words will do nothing to make them change. Lets become vigilantes, like mad max, mount clutch operated superchargers on our cars, weld removable bumper guards and hunt down cyclists, Just like the original mad max film. That's the only way.

I think I have an E28 as the perfect candidate, it only needs a supercharger. It already has a cow catcher / pedestrian catcher.

Guest MP0wer

I think I have an E28 as the perfect candidate, it only needs a supercharger. It already has a cow catcher / pedestrian catcher.

As rag-top suggested, We must do a pre-emptive attack, sorry, its pronounced a primitive attack. We will simply drive past cyclists, we will slow down rev our engines to scare them as we shout obscenities targeting the cyclist, at this stage while we have them distracted out partner(usually a european female tourist) in crime seated in the rear or front passenger seat, will proceed to attack them with an tire iron, a knife or a large rock, causing them to lose balance and fall off their bike. At this final stage we will reverse and run over their bikes and then blast off into the sunset.

In rare case its a youthful female of beauty & breeding age, We shall collect her in the trunk as a form of repayment, and then blast off into the sunset. Friend bought a Toyota V8 for $500, wonder if I can fit that in my car with a big blower coming out of the hood.

post-52166-0-89944200-1429262007_thumb.j

Quick rant.

Working in a collections role... You hear all excuses under the sun.

You get sworn at and treated like sh*t... But as a customer service position as well you can't dare be rude back.

Sigh.

Winning lotto numbers anyone?

• Like 2

As rag-top suggested, We must do a pre-emptive attack, sorry, its pronounced a primitive attack.

Woah there big hoss, you are mixing my posts. In no way am I suggesting to attack cyclists.

The early use of the horn is for people not paying attention at the lights. NOT cyclists.

Guest MP0wer

Woah there big hoss, you are mixing my posts. In no way am I suggesting to attack cyclists.

The early use of the horn is for people not paying attention at the lights. NOT cyclists.

Well, yes Tyler. That's what I should have said more clearly sorry. I would say Instead revving the engine, I guess we can also use the horn as an pre emptive strike or as I like to say a primitive attack slash warning in order make the 2 wheeled menace in our roads pay attention or create a distraction.

I am not advocating violence, I am simply saying this is how it may be done against the war on cyclists acting like mosquito's & fly's going in and out of traffic in an annoying manner while causing a deadly hazard for themselves & others, as we bmw owners are higher tax payers and thus hold more authority over the roads of new zealand, then most cyclists, who do not have to pay to use our roads.

"as we bmw owners are higher tax payers and thus hold more authority over the roads of new zealand"

resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-

• Like 3

Stupid customers.

Customer walks in to the workshop past approx 150 welders "are you the welder repair place?"

Duh, open your eyes dude you just walked past the sign and made your way through the maze of welders.

he wasnt really asking about welders,it was his way of introducing himself.Dont you ever walk up to the parts counter at a new place and say,is this the parts dept???

Well, yes Tyler. That's what I should have said more clearly sorry. I would say Instead revving the engine, I guess we can also use the horn as an pre emptive strike or as I like to say a primitive attack slash warning in order make the 2 wheeled menace in our roads pay attention or create a distraction.

I am not advocating violence, I am simply saying this is how it may be done against the war on cyclists acting like mosquito's & fly's going in and out of traffic in an annoying manner while causing a deadly hazard for themselves & others, as we bmw owners are higher tax payers and thus hold more authority over the roads of new zealand, then most cyclists, who do not have to pay to use our roads.

unfortunately you are wrong.Many many many spandex wearing cyclists have bikes worth many many times an e30

• Like 2

Guest MP0wer

resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-

Every time I have had a Supercharger, I feel I have to do something about the suicidal cyclists hogging "our" roads. Its the Mad Max Effect mate, I call it Mad Hyde, You simply add mad in front of your name, say the word "mate" a lot as well as carry out the words true meaning as in mating with all the female population, then you speak with a Australian bogan accent.