Apex

Quick rant thread.

Hello, I'm Hyde from EVTA(Environmental Vegan Terror Association) branch of Greenpeace; and today I would like to take a moment of your time to speak to you about the Bible, Cyclists, Women & the Global Cooling problem our planet faces and what we can do to save ourselves. :)

Do you know who I am?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?

Yes .... I know who you are

• Like 1

Guest MP0wer

Hyde?

ummm..Hello?

Do I know who you are?

Yes .... I know who you are

Yea, Probably. my car saw some service at Botany Motor Works or was it Ballars Motor Works, small world, Cant remember meeting a Glenn, but I might one day,

Edited by MP0wer

Another cyclist here (and a law abiding one). Honestly going through this thread reading some of the attitudes towards cyclists on the road scares the sh*t out of me. I've been hit by cars more than once, and have lost a friend in a bike accidents caused by motorists.

As douchey as some cyclists can be, realize that any altercation that might happen on the road, the cyclist is going to be the one that comes out worse off. Just like motorists, there are good cyclists and bad cyclists. For the most part, a bad cyclist is just risking their own neck.

Maybe go out and ride a bike to see what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a bitter motorist clipping past you at 100kmph and screaming out the window with 15cm of clearance. Most cyclists are drivers, but most drivers aren't cyclists.

'Flesh hitting a metal car' is still somebody's brother, father, sister or mother.

I have a negative attitude towards road cyclists I admit. But I can honestly say MOST cyclists I see are not following our road rules in one way or another.

Just like MOST motorcyclists I see are not following our road rules.

It is not a minority ruining it for the majority in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have a negative attitude towards road cyclists I admit. But I can honestly say MOST cyclists I see are not following our road rules in one way or another.

It is not a minority ruining it for the majority in my opinion.

Well..he who is without sin can cast the first stone..

Like most cyclists I'm also a motorist.

I cycle for fitness on weekends (early in morning before anyone is up) and daily commute to work.

I've had car door flung open, busses overtake then stop instantly at a bus stop, busses nearly complete the pass before they pull into a lay-by, bottles thrown and drinks squirted. My kids have been knocked off their bike by opening car doors.. my 13yo son was thrown into the path of an oncoming car..

Yes I see some cyclists running Orange / Red / Ped X- UNACCEPTABLE - just like motorists that run Orange / Red / Ped X, block intersections that they shouldn't have entered in the first place..

We all need to share the road and obey the road rules, else someone gets hurt, likely a motorist on a bike.

:)

• Like 3

9/10 cyclists I see are being c**ts, compared to the 1/10 cars I see being c**ts, and there is a lot more cars on the road than cyclists.

• Like 3

Good on her no I was meaning Mr Jeckle/ Hyde

All I can say is thank goodness for awesome brakes... and second to third gear power pulls with no mufflers past the f**kers. WHHHHHHHHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BANG! Eat my flames!!

And, why do you all shave your legs? And wear lycra, especially the fat blokes, and thats a lot of you. You know what will make you faster?? Less f**king food, you look like a bald sausage.

Motor Cyclists are not much better on back roads, the amount of fast on the straights and then slow on the corners riders is phenomenal. News flash, you can't corner, so get out my way, speeding up every straight so I can't pass you is stupid and you look like a pussy who can't use your toy. Drop a knee, be a man... actually, apply that to most motorists in fast cars also.

I think I just need a more powerful car. Yep, that my problem.

• Like 4

I think I just need a more powerful car. Yep, that my problem.

I battle this sh*t every day in my Transit. Sweet Silvia/skyline/wrx/commondore/coon, if you old/young bastards cant get away from the ultimate handling capabilities of my overloaded tranny van, you need to go back to L plates.

When I look for cars on trademe and it gives you the option to choose manual or automatic, and I choose manual. I would like to assume everyone thinks as I do. That by choosing that option, the vehicles that will appear will have a clutch pedal and a gearstick in which I will choose to use in conjunction with the aforementioned clutch pedal.

We all know this is not the case, and I do appreciate others opinions on what they consider to be a 'manual' vehicle. I think most of us would agree that there is some interpretational license going on here when selling cars.

What I cannot stand though, and what I am only assuming to be going on are people putting 'manual' on their adverts in the knowledge they will be getting appeal to their cars more so than if they had correctly advertised their car as an automatic.

rant over.

• Like 3

So... just like car drivers then...

• Like 1

Guest MP0wer

Oh, Jeckle, sent him & the other half to god, hence doing gods work. But Jackle is a bugger, keeps coming back like jesus every chance he gets. Moderation is the key to take advantage of such persona's to my own advantage.

All I can say is thank goodness for awesome brakes... and second to third gear power pulls with no mufflers past the f**kers. WHHHHHHHHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BANG! Eat my flames!!

And, why do you all shave your legs? And wear lycra, especially the fat blokes, and thats a lot of you. You know what will make you faster?? Less f**king food, you look like a bald sausage.

You actually have fat guys with shaved legs and leggings riding cycles? Auckland ha?

Don't get me started on the Motorcyclists, this one just waited for me to come around a roundabout so he could jump right in front of me as I brake and then he goes go broooom broom doing 100km in a 50km zone. I don't blame them really, a bike can bring the speed demon out of a lot of people. When I think of bikers I imagine some fat old school teachers with gray beards riding bikes, drinking beer, being tough guys, past their hay days. If you take my advice, I'd say have some metal spiked fence sitting right in front of your bumper, welded to your cars subframe, mash your way through like mad max. Since now I have the mad max blower setup, I might just do that one day for the lols.

You have a centrifugal blower don't you? The most limp wristed form of forced induction you can have, mad max wouldn't approve.

• Like 1

Guest MP0wer

mad max wouldn't approve.

:'(

I'm utterly devastated.

Oh, Wait! No I don't have a centrifugal blower.

its a roots blower, the original type of forced induction ever used, dating back to the 1800's. Blast from the past, MM Approved.

Another cyclist here (and a law abiding one). Honestly going through this thread reading some of the attitudes towards cyclists on the road scares the sh*t out of me. I've been hit by cars more than once, and have lost a friend in a bike accidents caused by motorists.

As douchey as some cyclists can be, realize that any altercation that might happen on the road, the cyclist is going to be the one that comes out worse off. Just like motorists, there are good cyclists and bad cyclists. For the most part, a bad cyclist is just risking their own neck.

Maybe go out and ride a bike to see what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a bitter motorist clipping past you at 100kmph and screaming out the window with 15cm of clearance. Most cyclists are drivers, but most drivers aren't cyclists.

Missing the point much.... I have negative attitude to cyclists, but that doesn't mean that I go around trying to knock them off their bikes. Quite the opposite in fact, I give them a wide, wide berth - as they wobble all over the road and I really don't want to deal with their guilt tripping on me.

I do ride a bike quite often, and if you're worried about a motorist, try cycling to work along a narrow open road with stock trucks on the way to the sale yards sqeezing past. I'm sure I got licked by the cows on more than one occaision.

The BIG difference is that I realize that being on the moral high ground doesn't help in an accident, so I think about when and where I ride (to keep out of the way basically) and ride defensively, not in some kind of angry vigilante attack mode.

Only last week I had a wonderful interaction with a cyclist in Napier - wobbling his way down a narrow street with cars parked both sides, and traffic in both directions. No helmet and trying to shield his younger son (also no helmet) from the traffic, causing him to swerve all across the road. Realising what an accident waiting to happen this guy was I made sure I got nowhere near him so that it wouldn't be me that he finally managed to throw himself into. When I came across the same two guys later in town and I suggested he should be setting a better example and wearing his helmet the response was "those rules dont apply, I am my own god"! The words on his T-shirt "I am unstoppable". I really hope he has a DNR notice on him when he is taken into A&E.

There needs to be much better education of cyclists (and more emphasis on policing them, rather than making money from speeding fines) any idiot can jump on a bike and pedal off along the road - whether they are a driver and know the road rules or not.

• Like 4

:'(

I'm utterly devastated.

Oh, Wait! No I don't have a centrifugal blower.

its a roots blower, the original type of forced induction ever used, dating back to the 1800's. Blast from the past, MM Approved.

Sweet, the good kind then.

I must ask then, do the spandex bandits not understand this fact? If they did, surely that would stop trying to be a statistic.

Im of the opinion that anyone wearing spandex can GTFO as the ratio of a**hole:good cyclist when it comes to spandex is 100:0, whilst the ratio for cyclists that arent wearing spandex is about 30:70.

• Like 3

Muppets that brake down on highbrook drive, causing a huge motorway f**k up between Princes St / Otahuhuhuhu and Highbrook.

Argh.

Muppets that brake down on highbrook drive, causing a huge motorway f**k up between Princes St / Otahuhuhuhu and Highbrook.

Argh.

This is where my motorway bulldozer idea comes into play. Stopped for more than 5 mins an motorway bulldozer sorts you out good and proper.

• Like 4

I must ask then, do the spandex bandits not understand this fact? If they did, surely that would stop trying to be a statistic.

Im of the opinion that anyone wearing spandex can GTFO as the ratio of a**hole:good cyclist when it comes to spandex is 100:0, whilst the ratio for cyclists that arent wearing spandex is about 30:70.

I have bib shorts... stops the chaffing... but hide them with rugby shorts over the top, t shirt and maybe a polar vest if it's cold, sports sandals, a hi-vis vest a helmet with a camera...

... and look like someone to be given a wide berth, because I'm clearly not clever enough to be allowed a car licence.

• Like 2

^^ dressed in that get-up you are probably given a wide berth because you look like you have escaped from the local nut-house B)

• Like 2

Oh, and f**ktards that stop about 20m away from the car in front at traffic lights, usually because they are in such a hurry to stop and see if anyone has liked their recent twatter post. No wonder there are so many traffic jams in auckland, you only need 5 cars for a one mile tailback with those gaps.

• Like 2