Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

This.

And the SD thing.

Prefer the netflix model where they release the whole season in one go!

• Like 1

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Them Feels.jpg

Hahahahaha whatever Helena. You are such a troll lol you are like 100 divided by 2 brah hahahaha

Game of thrones season 5

Having mates who let you borrow their cars...

Even if its raining and I have a desire for some helis, Cheers Antil33t ( Sanch )

• Like 1

Having mates who let you borrow their cars...

Even if its raining and I have a desire for some helis, Cheers Antil33t ( Sanch )

I had a friend like that, I stuck it through a 7 wire fence for him.

• Like 1

Winter.

I can gain 5kg, grow a beard and wear the same thing 6 days a week, black Levi's and a black jumper, just swap out tee shirt and briefs.

Rally Whangarei this weekend, come say hi, I am in the Manukau Auto Centre red 1995 STI RA, unless I get a seat in Ken Blocks car.

Here he is, testing yesterday. Rally is the sh*t.

885781_10152874960780765_385688004413818

• Like 5

Winter.

I can gain 5kg, grow a beard and wear the same thing 6 days a week, black Levi's and a black jumper, just swap out tee shirt and briefs.

Rally Whangarei this weekend, come say hi, I am in the Manukau Auto Centre red 1995 STI RA, unless I get a seat in Ken Blocks car.

Here he is, testing yesterday. Rally is the sh*t.

I'll try to bring the boys over B) On my bike ;)

Ask someone to clean the pathway afterwards this year please :rolleyes: Apparently the council isn't smart enough to work out that 100mm of gravel over the concrete path is REALLY hard to walk/run/cycle/skate on :rolleyes:

Are you passengering? or Driving?

I would love to have you "passenger" my rally car one day. That would be hilariously funny. Even more amusing would be seeing someone try to get to the stage on time and fill out the time cards.. and that before reading pace notes at pace without shitting in their pants.

Reminds me of a really good song though.

Make sure he wears the right shoes but eh...

• Like 1

Don't get me started on that. haha. I have many stories of f**k ups, trials and tribulations, the last one was the biggest, ramming anther car mid corner mid stage at speed.. Good times.

Anyway, wearing the right under wear is a good idea too.. nothing like full opposite lock at massive speeds to loosen breakfast.

I have to hand it to anyone who co-drives, you need big balls.

• Like 2

Birthday cards, presents, wishes, pay rise and a bonus... all on the same day. Choice bro.

• Like 4

Don't get me started on that. haha. I have many stories of f**k ups, trials and tribulations, the last one was the biggest, ramming anther car mid corner mid stage at speed.. Good times.

Anyway, wearing the right under wear is a good idea too.. nothing like full opposite lock at massive speeds to loosen breakfast.

Indeed. They qualified the last WRC down this road here. f**k me they're balls to the wall fast. Super impressive IRL.

Its hard to imagine just how fast they are when we go through at what feels like maximum attack and they do the same 20km of road 90seconds faster.

We are fast though, even your average Kiwi car is 2seconds a kilometre faster than the cars 10years ago. Doesn't sound like a lot but over a few days thats huge.

Cant wait!!

First two stages are in the dark tomorrow night, we have 12 brand new tyres for the event and a new engine and ECU, hard to think you can drop $20,000 prepping for one event.

In the words of a legend. "If in doubt, flat out"

1473040_10206568046390770_56273336600454

• Like 4

You are not supposed to use anti lag on the street. Keeps the turbo rebuilders in business though!

• Like 1

True. Closed streets are all good. Just don't go using it to run to the shops or in touring.

I will add hydraulic handbrakes to my list of things that are choice bro. Spot apex, turn in, lift hand brake, floor it. Smile.

Now if only I hadn't lost all my in-car footage from the last event. Thanks MACBOOK.

04175d65-0964-4dfa-b6d1-565639f192ad.png

• Like 1

Birthday cards, presents, wishes, pay rise and a bonus... all on the same day. Choice bro.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(for 2 days ago :D )

I did that Rally Drive weekend course some years ago in the Maramarua forest... two things struck me:

1. How much I can scare myself in a proper rally car

2. How slow I was going compared to a professional and how much more scared I could be in a co-pilot's seat

The flying lap at the end of the weekend was terrifying.

I obviously did a good enough job over the weekend because they let me drive one of the rally cars (Evo III) from the forest back to base unsupervised... anti-lag on the street FTW.

I went for a hot lap there in a evo last year, didn't seem that quick. The only part that had my butthole pulsing a bit was coming over the top of the hill and couldn't see where the road was going.

I went for a hot lap there in a evo last year, didn't seem that quick. The only part that had my butthole pulsing a bit was coming over the top of the hill and couldn't see where the road was going.

Haha, wasn't that quick, its not about the speed its about the balls, you felt that on that crest, now imagine that for a solid day on blind roads the driver doesn't know... most of the cars are less than 300bhp, my car is only 250bhp, but I match and beat cars with 600bhp or more, and thats race drivers. I guess thats what awesome about it compared to rack stuff, its another skill level, nothing better than beating a guy with a car that cost 10 times more than your POS hatchback or old Subaru.

You should have a drive next time, sounds like you may have the balls for it? I am looking at buying another rally hack to get into gravel driving next year, start on rally sprints and see how it goes. Maybe start with an old Civic or Toyota and see how it goes.

I have been in a few cars, V8 Super-tourers on slicks, GT cars etc, some rather fast road stuff and nothing was even remotely scary after being in or driving a rally car at max attack on a blind road, tracks are about power and repetition... anyone can get good at something if they do it over and over.

I would like to go in, or better have a drive of a full on drift car one day though, now that is a bit interesting, I had a good play in my old V8 BMW and that was fun, lots of smoke and two f**ked tyres. Better still it was an Audi trackday so they all got scared by oversteer.

Haha, wasn't that quick, its not about the speed its about the balls, you felt that on that crest, now imagine that for a solid day on blind roads the driver doesn't know... most of the cars are less than 300bhp, my car is only 250bhp, but I match and beat cars with 600bhp or more, and thats race drivers. I guess thats what awesome about it compared to rack stuff, its another skill level, nothing better than beating a guy with a car that cost 10 times more than your POS hatchback or old Subaru.

You should have a drive next time, sounds like you may have the balls for it? I am looking at buying another rally hack to get into gravel driving next year, start on rally sprints and see how it goes. Maybe start with an old Civic or Toyota and see how it goes.

I have been in a few cars, V8 Super-tourers on slicks, GT cars etc, some rather fast road stuff and nothing was even remotely scary after being in or driving a rally car at max attack on a blind road, tracks are about power and repetition... anyone can get good at something if they do it over and over.

I would like to go in, or better have a drive of a full on drift car one day though, now that is a bit interesting, I had a good play in my old V8 BMW and that was fun, lots of smoke and two f**ked tyres. Better still it was an Audi trackday so they all got scared by oversteer.

Yep, rallying takes balls for sure. Its just that hot lap felt slow, wasnt really scared at any point, maybe the dude was tired or not giving it full jandal. I've been faster / more scared as a passenger in a M52 powered E30 up some back gravel roads. I wouldnt mind been a passenger in a proper rally car one day, i think that would be a proper butthole clenching stuff.

I can hardly drive fast on tarmac / track, and I know I definitely don't have the skills or balls to drive fast on the gravel but I have thought about giving some gravel sprints a go in an old shitter. As teenagers we used to burn around old forestry roads in old paddock bashers. I flipped a honda civic hatch back on its roof on the first corner, heh.

I've done a few track things, some hill climbs and tarmac sprints in the E30, always found the road based stuff 100x more fun.

drive suit

co-driver

post-2002-0-58389000-1429170535.jpg

post-2002-0-79689500-1429170609.jpg

Ist borns first birthday today. Took his first steps yesterday too.

• Like 3

AWESOME!

(now wait till he's 2.5, then see the rant thread :lol: )

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and the same day I checked an old lottery ticket and found it was a winner!
  • Like 1

congrates fella