Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

the V8 is probably the cheaper to keep in the long run i would think.

• Like 1

Mercedes updating the A45 AMG.... it now makes 381HP from a 2L 4 banger. It does take 26PSI of boost to get there though. That shits amazing.

• Like 2

Mercedes updating the A45 AMG.... it now makes 381HP from a 2L 4 banger. It does take 26PSI of boost to get there though. That shits amazing.

Can't help but think these engines will last a fraction as long as early 90s Japanese turbo engines though. Less stressed, lower boosted, vs highly stressed engines with more cost saving measures in places / environmental considerations.

Can't help but think these engines will last a fraction as long as early 90s Japanese turbo engines though. Less stressed, lower boosted, vs highly stressed engines with more cost saving measures in places / environmental considerations.

not to mention when its onto its second and third owners that dont treat them like a new car, nor look after them like a new car.

At least the less on the road the better. they are ghastly looking things, although i will admit better than the 1 series that looks like it has the face of a turtle.

• Like 2

i would rock the sh*t out of one if i could afford it. Pretty sweet looking hatch imo, far better than anything BMW has in that segment. They are made to be loud and shouty, all up in your face, banging and crackling along the road.

In saying that i do second the concerns about longevity. We have only seen a couple in for issues, and none of them too serious. Certainly nothing terminal yet, and the original A45 has been around or year or so, so it bodes well but only time will tell.

Edited by KwS

AWD car's with LSD in the snow/ice....

• Like 2

Early 90's Jap turbo's reliable? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (breath) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Audi RS, Mercidies AMG, BMW M, Renault Sport, VW R, etc are all massively over engineered these days, just look at what power they leave on the table for the aftermarket tuners, think 60-100bhp with drive trains that can handle it.

• Like 1

Reliable as, just needs oil changes every 5000km, love an attention, a few kind words, 98 Pump gas, your first born child, your wallet, credit card, your wife, your mum, your hot sister, warmed up before thrashing, cooled down after thrashing, then it'll probably still need a new Turbo.

• Like 2

Our first demo A45 AMGs didnt get that love and attention from the salesmen that drove them.... so much full throttle from stone cold driving its not even funny. Sure enough, both needed turbo replacements. Amazed thats all they needed.

Now the new twin turbo C63s we just got in, they sound great. Almost a demonic growl from the exhaust. So tough.

Manual BMWs. Forgot how much I love them. Even if it is just a baby 1.6 haha

• Like 1

Manual BMWs. Forgot how much I love them. Even if it is just a baby 1.6 haha

did you buy that compact in the end??

did you buy that compact in the end??

Yup, I put a bid in the weekend my head gasket blew, and nobody beat it in the 1.5 weeks since. $1201 316ti with stuffed paint haha.

• Like 5

Yup, I put a bid in the weekend my head gasket blew, and nobody beat it in the 1.5 weeks since. $1201 316ti with stuffed paint haha.

I will admit i did think about it lol

• Like 1

Haha glad you didn't then! I kinda needed a running car haha. Now just need to get a new motor for the other one so I can put the other manual box in it ;)

Edited by huff3r
  • Like 1

When boredom sets in waiting in the car for the missus and counting how many BS members

in phone book of phone [ 46 ]

• Like 3

Guy at work just got a 1996 (reg) E34 525i, one owner from new, 164Ks...... $1800! I told him I have first dibs

^^ Wasn't one of you southern guys calling us up north soft the other day...

:-)

• Like 2

^^ Wasn't one of you southern guys calling us up north soft the other day...

:-)

Probably, but what do they know? Racist southern bastards just prefer the cold over brown folk.

• Like 2

Finding treasures like this! :wub:

Soarer_Tapew.png

There's something wrong with you Mike...

• Like 4

Loving Auckland house prices.... blown away at the offers on my property.

Also. Loving being retired for the next few months or so... First time since I was 15 years old that I am unemployed.

Going to the gym at 9am when there are no f**kwit grunters there looking at my pathetic lifts and scoffing.

Kabab place up the road that makes me a chicken Salad every night.

But most off all. I love the freedom of having 0 dept and paying 0 interest for the fist time in 12 years... intact, I am getting paid interest! its crazy.

Have discovered that being rich, is answering to no one and having no dept or other commitments holding your creative ability and freedom back... and the ability to use your time as you see fit.

Choose Life.

• Like 3

There's something wrong with you Mike...

Agreed. I'm excited. It's a Soarer video tape from Japan.

Absolute gold for an enthusiast like me, extremely hard to find.

Once it arrives I eventually upload the material to youtube for my other Soarer associates to watch - yes copyright issues but this is so niche market no one would care. :P

^ you have a VHS player???

I was just thinking I'll have to get it out of storage...