Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Placed my order with FCPEuro 8pm on the 5th and it turned up here in rural BOP today at 9am, must be some kind of record. Wasn't scheduled to arrive until the 18th, thanks NZ Customs and NZ Post for pulling finger (and not loosing anything) for once!

• Like 2

Not having to get up and go to work on your birthday is definitely choice bro!

The brand new M3 Competition Pack on the drive is the icing on the cake!!

• Like 4

On 4/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Placed my order with FCPEuro 8pm on the 5th and it turned up here in rural BOP today at 9am, must be some kind of record. Wasn't scheduled to arrive until the 18th, thanks NZ Customs and NZ Post for pulling finger (and not loosing anything) for once!

I reckon I know what you'll be working on this long weekend, then!  Something blue and shiny?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not having to get up and go to work on your birthday is definitely choice bro!

That's me tomorrow!

And gonna spoil myself with a waterblaster and sort out my gym area :D

• Like 1

Happy birthday for yesterday, Jon.  And happy birthday for today, Paul.

Me today, life is great.  Painting son's bedroom.  Family outing running errands.  Our offspring squabbling in the back of the car.  By chance visited a great Deli.  Since returning home, along with my wife I've been enjoying some really fine French unpasteurised cheeses, with the best baguettes in town, and a bottle of Pegasus Bay Bel Canto (2011).  

yep, life is choice, bro.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Happy birthday for yesterday, Jon.  And happy birthday for today, Paul.

Me today, life is great.  Painting son's bedroom.  Family outing running errands.  Our offspring squabbling in the back of the car.  By chance visited a great Deli.  Since returning home, along with my wife I've been enjoying some really fine French unpasteurised cheeses, with the best baguettes in town, and a bottle of Pegasus Bay Bel Canto (2011).  

yep, life is choice, bro.  

where is the deli?

Picked up a waterblaster from the "Paul's Birthday" sale at Supercheap Auto today. Even better, tomorrow I get to play with it!

Oh and blew >$150 of giftcards within hours of receiving them :D

• Like 2

On 4/15/2017 at 8:10 PM, kiwi535 said:

where is the deli?

Karori, down the side of the mall.  Superb selection of quality comestibles.  Dried pasta that surpasses the fresh stuff from the supermarkets.  

Found that my silly car will do 0-100kph 1 second quicker if I turn off the active suspension so its not working while driving... haaaa 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Michael. said:

Found that my silly car will do 0-100kph 1 second quicker if I turn off the active suspension so its not working while driving... haaaa 

there I was thinking you'd been peddaling a Soarer, not a Celica.  I learn summat everdays.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2017 at 0:41 PM, Olaf said:

I reckon I know what you'll be working on this long weekend, then!  Something blue and shiny?

I wish! Was too busy, it has been sitting there sans cooling system and oil for about a week, untouched, now. But it looks nice even when it is in bits.

Going to look on the bright side here- when it is going again, it's first trip will be to the dealer for a new steering wheel airbag. Nice to have someone else paying for new bits for a change! Thanks to @hqstu for mentioning my old car was included in the recall- I reasoned since they have the same steering wheel and nearly the same build month then the touring would also be included, and I was right.

• Like 1

I'm watching F1 practice sessions from Monaco recorded last night and this morning.  I've been disappointed with the procession that F1 has become, but there's nothing like Monaco.  Life is good.

Got my new battery in my motorcycle... wouldn't start. Removed all the fairings etc looking for issues. Was the clutch switch, so I needn't remove anything....

So why is this in "Life is choice bro"? Because I fixed it and it starts and runs beautifully now! I can finally get some practice and go for my full class 6!

Oh and an SV400s is a million times the motorbike a GN250 is!

• Like 2

Very rare something(s) like these happen, not one but two "choice" moments in one long week-end.

Firstly fitting new appliances in the kitchen I was very happy to find that the previous installer had done the jobs properly and everything was up to scratch and above-board, not dodgy lash-ups that needed to be removed and start again. Plus all the connections lined up exactly from the old units to the new, so install was a very simple remove and replace.

Second thing, bought a Johnny Cash LP in the JB Hifi sale, one of six in the "American Records" series, when I activated the digital download code I not only got a copy of the albumn I had bought, but also the other five in the series, an excellent piece of luck. Lots of new listening to be done.

• Like 3

Got the airbag recall letter from BMW for the black e39 . . . . noice!!!

Oh and fixed the oven - was a door microswitch for $50 versus $6k to replace the oven coz its an odd 700mm size - or worse remodel the kitchen to suit a different sized oven.

• Like 1

Gess what about the old  barbie she'll be right mate.:D:)

Passed my motorcycle full licence this morning. Does this mean I go buy a litre bike now? :ph34r:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, huff3r said:

Passed my motorcycle full licence this morning. Does this mean I go buy a litre bike now? :ph34r:

Get an Aprillia 250cc  two stroke. And learn to ride the pants off it. Getting litre plus bikes makes it too easy to develop bad habits earlier on in my humble opinion.

Otherwuse , get the meanest bad@assed litre plus bike you can afford and scare yourself silly, you have a licence now that says you can. Ignore that little voice of caution and comon sense that keeps nagging away and holding you back ?

3 hours ago, huff3r said:

Depends how long you've been riding i guess. Im still on my learners... and ride a litre bike ?

3 hours ago, polley said:

Depends how long you've been riding i guess. Im still on my learners... and ride a litre bike ?

I rode 650's, 750's, Rd 350's and Vincent 1000's back in the day... in jandals and no helmets at times, it wasn't compulsory back then... no learners in those days... I'm still here :huh:

• Like 3

what about the KTM390?  That's a cool bike, without going straight to eyeballs-wired R1's or similar.

ktm-rc-390-black.jpg?v=6

PS - congrats on your licence, Paul!

Edited by Olaf
congrats, picccy