Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

20 hours ago, eliongater said:

... who'd you get to fix your seats?

I'm sure he won't mind the promotion - Mobile Upholstery based in Upper Hutt. Really nice guy and seems to take care and pride in his work - a craftsman one might say! 

For the drivers seat he fixed the side bolster and sorted the split. He outsourced the colouring of both front seats (again another quality job). He gave me options other than re-colouring them as well. I decided re-colour was the best option long term for me.

52 minutes ago, treone said:

I'm sure he won't mind the promotion - Mobile Upholstery based in Upper Hutt. Really nice guy and seems to take care and pride in his work - a craftsman one might say! 

For the drivers seat he fixed the side bolster and sorted the split. He outsourced the colouring of both front seats (again another quality job). He gave me options other than re-colouring them as well. I decided re-colour was the best option long term for me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much roughly did it cost for the driver's seat? I got quoted $750+GST per seat...

8 minutes ago, eliongater said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much roughly did it cost for the driver's seat? I got quoted $750+GST per seat...

I can give a cost indication - re-colour per seat was $230ea.

As for the cost of repairs, I'm not so sure as I paid one amount for all his work (seat incl removal & re-install, headliner, a-pillars, gear boot) which came to a little bit more than what you've been quoted for one seat.

He mainly does work for dealers/car yards and I had a bit of a wait for mine to be done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treone said:

I can give a cost indication - re-colour per seat was $230ea.

As for the cost of repairs, I'm not so sure as I paid one amount for all his work (seat incl removal & re-install, headliner, a-pillars, gear boot) which came to a little bit more than what you've been quoted for one seat.

He mainly does work for dealers/car yards and I had a bit of a wait for mine to be done.

Thanks! That's significantly cheaper!

EDIT: Do you have any contact details? My google fu is not up to scratch on finding him

Edited by eliongater

you can also talk to European leather care in Petone.  They'll sell you Colorlock and Elephant Leather Preserver to recolour yourself using pigments and toners rather than paint; they'll do it for you if you prefer, and they'll do repairs as well.

I've not used them for repairs, though have used Colorlock and Elephant Leather Preserver to great effect in my Volvo, and will give the e60 a spruce-up soon.

EDIT:  Come to think of it, Greg's repairer may have sent those seats to European Leather Care for the re-colour.  They certainly look good.

Edited by Olaf

@Olaf I'm more looking to repair the stitches rather than the colour, though that would be nice. I talked to European leather care, and whilst their quote was reasonable, they couldn't repair the stitches and suggested an auto upholsterer in Petone.

20 hours ago, eliongater said:

Do you have any contact details? My google fu is not up to scratch on finding him

I will PM you the contact details. I think he has little to none online presence (obviously not a millennial ;)), and I think all of his private work comes via WoM.

An alternative is Kohls in Tawa. Although I didn't go with them, when I saw them they were knowledgeable, friendly and quoted good prices for everything. From memory to just repair the drivers seat was between $350-$400. They are a family business with everyone involved which I think is pretty awesome,

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

EDIT:  Come to think of it, Greg's repairer may have sent those seats to European Leather Care for the re-colour.  They certainly look good.

Thanks Olaf! That's the guys who did the re-colour! (I couldn't remember who he uses). 

The repairer said he uses no-one else as they do quality work, use quality products and don't cut corners .

• Like 1

Get to Auckland airport, plane delayed Wgtn weather the issue. Watch air nz cancell flights, flying Jetstar and thinking  along the lines of a Tui billboard 

Starus board changes and Jetstar on time eh ? You say !

Get on flight an half expecting survere turbulence , two landing attempts followed by a back to Auckland with a stiff drink to follow.

Anyways...... flight goes ok, worse than usually southerly approach with plane pogoing in most directions on the approach.

Pilot lands first attempt and becomes an instant hero with most of the plane  erupting into cheering and applause.

Cockpit door opens and pilot / co pilot cool clam and collected. 

Thinkng to myself...... Those men deserve a DB"

Well done Jetstar !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, treone said:

I will PM you the contact details. I think he has little to none online presence (obviously not a millennial ;)), and I think all of his private work comes via WoM.

An alternative is Kohls in Tawa. Although I didn't go with them, when I saw them they were knowledgeable, friendly and quoted good prices for everything. From memory to just repair the drivers seat was between $350-$400. They are a family business with everyone involved which I think is pretty awesome,

Thanks Olaf! That's the guys who did the re-colour! (I couldn't remember who he uses). 

The repairer said he uses no-one else as they do quality work, use quality products and don't cut corners .

your seats are certainly looking awesome, mate.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Pilot lands first attempt and becomes an instant hero with most of the plane  erupting into cheering and applause.

IMHO those are the best flights into Wellington!

• Like 3

Food. After 3.5days without, everything tastes so damn good! 

Folowed closely by sleep and a shower. The things we do to make a crust ?

Got to hoon around Taupo Track/ Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park in a single seat race car today as my 30th bday present, very cool- highly recommended to all! Still wondering where the bit between taking off and the checkered flag went..... 

PS dont loose track of what gear you are in, trying to exit the hairpin in 2nd instead of 3rd means too much wheelspin will send you off!

• Like 3

Laid out with a crappy cold.  Able to help my 85 year old mother fix an issue on her laptop without leaving my bed.  Thank you Team Viewer for the remote connection software.  Thank you Vodafone for my unlimited trans-tasman calling on my mobile plan.  Internet, email, news connections and facebook keep her connected to the world, family, grandchildren.  We take this tech for granted; it's pretty amazing stuff, 25 years ago she didn't have a computer.

Bargain of the year - possibly the decade, maybe the century!

Scored a passenger side mirror for the X5 - everything including the glass - and all genuine!!

Arrived today and bought off Trade Me for $12 (was a $1 reserve) plus postage of $20. So that's $32 all up!

Original invoice in the box says this whole package was.... $2086!!! And that's just for one side!

Thank you insurance write-offs. Thank you!

• Like 3

Shout out to ECS Tuning.

Fedex are still fluffing around around with my smashed clutch & flywheel, and how they will deal with it, and how many pictures of bent steel they need... ECS Tuning stepped up instantly and are reshipping the order and taking the hit on NZ GST/Duty! 

Buy sh*t from these guys https://www.ecstuning.com/ they are GCs. 

• Like 2

Getting 4.5kNZD of suspension through customs, and not paying a cent...

Couriers ineptitude has bonuses I guess :D

Agreed, but only on the right bum.

Seems to be THE thing to wear when doing your groceries in Howick New World.

23 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Yoga pants

aka "mumble pants" :D

On 14/03/2018 at 8:40 AM, Jacko said:

Getting 4.5kNZD of suspension through customs, and not paying a cent...

Couriers ineptitude has bonuses I guess :D

Scratch that, 2 of the 3 boxes made it through... the third one got caught .. All of them have invoices for the total value :( 

Hamiltron Autobahn is the bussssiiineesss 

Hyperdrive.. I havent bought anything from these guys before (pretty much wrote them off as numpties HPing 20" chromies to idiots who cant afford them)..

Corolla needs a new stereo, headunit is dead, speakers all shot. Ordered a cheap setup, Sony HU, 6" low spec Alpines and 4" JVCs. Hyper called me and said they had just sold out of the Alpines, but if I was happy they would sub them for something. I really DGAF, and expected some other low end speakers. 

Opened the box today, high end rockford fosgates! (waaay over double the price of the alpines). Winning!

• Like 5