Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:52 PM, Jacko said:

Hyperdrive.. I havent bought anything from these guys before (pretty much wrote them off as numpties HPing 20" chromies to idiots who cant afford them)..

can vouch for hyperdrive being good on their word, they price matched the set of Goodyeear Eagle F1 D5s I have on the CC from a TradeMe quote no less! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

can vouch for hyperdrive being good on their word, they price matched the set of Goodyeear Eagle F1 D5s I have on the CC from a TradeMe quote no less! 

I hate Mag and Turbo with a passion, bunch of halfwit crooks who shouldnt be allowed to work on bicycles, and threw Hyperdrive in the same group as them. 

I was wrong though, Hyperdrive are a bunch of GCs, would instantly use them again.

6 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

W00t! $4 richer thanks to a secret stash down the side of my new cars seat ? @Allanw

Damn. How will I afford lollies now?

4 hours ago, Allanw said:

Damn. How will I afford lollies now?

Just nick them off your kids like you normally do! ;)

Oh yeah!

There's usually some second hand ones stuck to the upholstery anyway.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, Jacko said:

I hate Mag and Turbo with a passion, bunch of halfwit crooks who shouldnt be allowed to work on bicycles, and threw Hyperdrive in the same group as them. 

I was wrong though, Hyperdrive are a bunch of GCs, would instantly use them again.

Is this the Mt Wellington Mag & Turbo you're referring to?

56 minutes ago, qazwsx said:

Is this the Mt Wellington Mag & Turbo you're referring to?

Manukau specifically, I have a wide brush :D

38 minutes ago, Jacko said:

They tried to rip me off about 20 years ago.  Wrote off their entire chain after that.

Actually between them and a car yard which had a Nissan Skyline I wanted to buy.  The experience was so bad I learnt how to import my own cars and parts back in 98.

The car yard tried to buy one of my imports.  Was a very satisfying day.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2018 at 1:19 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Agreed, but only on the right bum.

Seems to be THE thing to wear when doing your groceries in Howick New World.

Amen to that!.. Count down not so much.

Gave up trying to make the m30 pretty so just decided to make it work better..

37775213_2022201601131535_530362125286113280_n.jpg

11 hours ago, Ace Of Spades said:

Amen to that!.. Count down not so much.

Gave up trying to make the m30 pretty so just decided to make it work better..

It's been so long I can't even remember what my M30's look like.  What are you doing?

I'm Howick born and raised.  But I am not sure I miss it.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:05 PM, Jacko said:

I was gonna say Brent in Mt Wellington seems to have good intentions even if capabilities could be a different topic

On 7/23/2018 at 11:48 PM, Driftit said:

They tried to rip me off about 20 years ago.  Wrote off their entire chain after that.

Actually between them and a car yard which had a Nissan Skyline I wanted to buy.  The experience was so bad I learnt how to import my own cars and parts back in 98.

The car yard tried to buy one of my imports.  Was a very satisfying day.

They did you a favour then?

21 hours ago, Driftit said:

It's been so long I can't even remember what my M30's look like.  What are you doing?

I'm Howick born and raised.  But I am not sure I miss it.

No place like home, as much as I go away .. always seem to come back.

Just setting up more sensors for the link, m50 cam sensor adapter to allow for minor tuning/fuel/spark adjustments. 

• Like 1

Put car on tardme. Price it above everything similar, as its better.

One text message 2 days after listing, comes around an hour later, looks it over, pays you asking price in cash with no haggling or screwing around and takes car.

Why cant all tardmes be like this! 

• Like 6

^ I had my E46 listed on trademe for a bit longer than 2 days but first person to actually book a time to view took it for a drive around the block and said yep i'll take it. paid and done later that evening after work. Full asking price paid.

Also, when I bought my car, 1 txt to get address, went to view it, all done paid for and drove home 1 hour after. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ace Of Spades said:

No place like home, as much as I go away .. always seem to come back.

Just setting up more sensors for the link, m50 cam sensor adapter to allow for minor tuning/fuel/spark adjustments. 

Have you got a build thread or something?

Had a very narrow escape from this guy on Saturday. Just managed to avoid being hit head on about 3 seconds before he went through a raised roundabout and performed some kind of spinning somersault. Trying to do a runner from the po-po, I estimated his speed at above 130.

37706914_10156496230164085_8858713671153483776_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, eliongater said:

Have you got a build thread or something?

No sorry mate, But have a huge receipts folder ?.. When shes done I'll make a little something in the showroom area. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

XcelR8ed too much

It looks like a non turbo 6, he should have relaxed, it still would have disappeared on a 3 litre Holden.

36 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

It looks like a non turbo 6, he should have relaxed, it still would have disappeared on a 3 litre Holden.

Yep def an XR6, could hear that lazy lump getting spanked as he roared past. He thought that coming down an off ramp and traveling against traffic on the wrong side of a wire rope median was a neat trick to pull. Made no effort to avoid us or brake for the roundabout so I'm guessing drunk. I put the pic here and not in the quick rant thread coz I'm just glad not to be more involved :D

• Like 1

I've always wanted to flip a BA/BF falcon and see how much interior trim removes itself 

• Haha 2

From my experience, considerably less than an e36.

Cooling system seems to work too.

• Haha 3

I did spin a near new XR8 across 4 lanes of highway, down a 3m bank, through a wire fence and 20m into a paddock full of cows. Tyre marks were less than 2 feet from a lamp post too. Every panel, roof included, need to be painted.

Cops (lots of) turned up. The motorbike cop was sceptical of my claim that surface flooding caused instant loss of traction hence the spin... wandered off to check with his foot, put his boot in the water and it came over the top and in, wetting his sock. That's close to 400mm, in a lane, on a 100 km/h stretch of road.

Only other vehicle to stop was actually the car in front of me that did a u-turn and came back. Even the semi that was coming the other way and I missed by only a few metres spinning in front of didn't stop, wtf?

It was George Bolt Memorial Drive back in the day (pre traffic lights) on the route to the airport. Bummer was I was going to pick up the folks, in dad's 1 month old obsession, from their 2 week overseas holiday. Suffice to say he wasn't too impressed regardless of what the cops thought.

No cows were harmed in the making of this incident, just a little pride. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

From my experience, considerably less than an e36.

Cooling system seems to work too.

Suspension flies apart, they eat brakes and they rust like crazy. Have seen several break seat backs off without being crashed 

Not a particularly well built car but they drive okay. Love the Barra though, beauty of an motor with some boost up it 

Edited by dirtydoogle

4 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

I've always wanted to flip a BA/BF falcon and see how much interior trim removes itself 

Just slam the door hard.  Should simulate this feature very well.  I call it a feature because there is no way it can't be a part of the design as it happens on all of them so often.

• Like 1