Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Catching up with old friends over beers and talking sh*t!

• Like 1

(depending on the friends)

Having a beer and not catching up with old friends and talking sh*t.

• Like 1

Sold a couple cars in the last week, so down to only 6 BMWs in the drive and my van, never seen it so empty!

E30 325i Cabby

E36 Compact

E34 V12 Touring

E36 325i/5

E38 728i

E30 318i

HoeAce

• Like 1

Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva.

what is this you speak of haha

Living in a flood-safe part of Palmy! House is dry and safe :D

• Like 1

Living in a flood-safe part of Palmy! House is dry and safe :D

+1 on that. I live on S/H3 just outside of Wanganui and theres a creek behind my house that has flooded the road and about 8 houses around me. I'm about 2 meters higher than everyone around me so safe. For now..lol

Oh, the H washed away in the whlood.

• Like 3

a fine still winters morning after a wet wet week,pellet fire on,coffee and croissant hot!

Catching up with old friends over beers and talking sh*t!

This. Even if it is 1/2 hour drive.

• Like 2

When you put a wanted topic on a car forum and a member PM's you a month later with details of a guy who might be selling and you go and see him and make an offer and get a cool car for good money.

So much nicer than dealing with Trade-Me etc.

• Like 4

12 Weeks till Im in Amsterdam smoking doobs and thanking the gods Im out of NZ

• Like 5

A year ago today I was in Amsterdam, off to Las Vegas next week

Edited by HaNs
  • Like 1

Congratulations Hans. I wish you many happy years together.

Off to Europe too... Contiki ends in Amsterdam so that should be interesting, then its off to Nurburgring, then Octoberfest, then down to Rally Corsica.

Just had a painkiller and steroid injected into my spine... first time I have been able to comfortably tie my shoes since wrecking my back in February. So. Thanks pain killers and cheers ACC.

I just hope Amsterdam doesnt get Jealous of Vegas...

Congratulations Hans. I wish you many happy years together.

Off to Europe too... Contiki ends in Amsterdam so that should be interesting, then its off to Nurburgring, then Octoberfest, then down to Rally Corsica.

Just had a painkiller and steroid injected into my spine... first time I have been able to comfortably tie my shoes since wrecking my back in February. So. Thanks pain killers and cheers ACC.

Contiki? Thought you were over 30? Be ready to feel like the dustiest old prick on the bus.

I felt old when I went and I was only 25. The 33 year old guy felt like he was someones Dad that had come along.

Edited by driftit
  • Like 1

Just had a fresh from Germany AMG C63 come in to work. Twin turbo 4L, so nice. It did have something interesting though... red weaved carbon fiber in the dash. Where have i seen that before? Ah yes, the E36.

214736_x800.jpg

Edited by KwS

Contiki? Thought you were over 30? Be ready to feel like the dustiest old prick on the bus.

I felt old when I went and I was only 25. The 33 year old guy felt like he was someones Dad that had come along.

I have no problem with younger people, no problem at all. I am young at hart and experience is a good thing.

May look at other options too though, just seemed like the cheapest way to see all the cultural bulshit without too much effort.. then I can go to the Nurburgring and experience the real Germany!!

TBH do look further than a Contiki. I did a 35 day one. Spent extended periods of time in locations where most contikis just blasted through.

A lot of wasted time on the Bus. Most of the time was spent drinking. Can't remember large portions of the trip.

They do try and put you with people your age if possible.

I am planning to go back to Europe again in the next few years to do it properly. I felt like the contiki was just a tease. Half the time I had no idea where I was.

Orange Day in Amsterdam was an amazing experience. Well that is what I am told I experienced. Beam me up. Back in London all of a sudden.

Fair enough, I did few weeks in Asia with way too much partying and I'll admit it, I'm not 21 anymore, needed to detox at least once a week and the stuff coming out the front was thicker than the stuff coming out the back, lost 5kg and felt like death... but it was the best trip I have ever done.

As Mr Chow would say. But did you die?

I hear there are more flexible options, Ideally I wanted to do a Renault Euro Lease, that is a brand new Megane RS for unto 6 weeks for less than a rental car, but then figured I could not take it on the Nurburgring and didn't want to leave it it certain places... then looked at buying a hack and driving around, but again, seemed like a lot of stress.

I could just go it alone with my back pac and see what happens, will rent a "ring car" for the time I'm there and hitch hike around Corsica for the WRC.

Imagine how much pizza you will get over there bro ;)

• Like 1

Graham, check out busabout.com

Edited by HaNs
  • Like 1

After driving the 750i for just over a week I had both flat tires on the 740i fixed today and driving it around I'm reminded how much I love this car. I was contemplating selling it to buy a smaller car as my daily and using the 750i as a weekend car but after not driving it for a week and getting back into it today I've decided that I'll be keeping it as my daily. It feels so much more grounded and in touch with the road than the 750i.

Who needs a smaller fuel bill anyway. :wacko:

Suspension mods are most definitely on the to do list for the 750i now!

post-17205-0-12459500-1435210064.jpg

• Like 1