Sign in to follow this  
aiden

key fob reprogramming

So iv put my key fob through the wash, i took the key apart and left it in a bag of rice. After letting it dry for a few days i tried to reprogram it using the suggestions on the internet. I put it in the ignition, turned it to the accessory position and then removed it, held down the lock button and pressed the unlocked button 3 times, the red LED flashes 11 times and nothing else happens, its still not working, any suggestion please. E46 2000 320i.

here's n old thred

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/19404-e46-reassociating-keyless-entry-jap-import/page-2?hl=+key%20+associate

get in and close the door, think you missed few steps eh

just trying to find the picture from the manual I used (found on here) with procedure that works (reassigned my spare key successfully)

as per my other post in similar thread Just two x screws under cover on back of key, you need 2x CR2016 batteries, and if you replace it fairly quickly you dont need to do anything

otherwise

2010-01-17_234532_e34infared.JPG

if pic not viewable : get in car > close door > turn key to on then off > remove key hole unlock then push the lock button 3x > release the Unlock button > LED should flash for 10 seconds > while its flashing hold it near your receiver/Rear view mirror and hit the unlock button > car will lock then unlock itself to signal success!

for second key hold the unlock button and hit lock 3x (repeat process etc) before you put ANY key in the ign.

Edited by JoKer
  • Like 1

@Joker thanks mate, worked perfectly, was missing the rear view mirror step, been searching for hours thanks. Also i have cr2016 batteries in them, do i need rechargable batteries?

• Like 1

dont think you can get rechargeable / not necessary/ recommended I dont think, they should be good for another 15-20 years

some make/cars like Holdens DO charge their fobs via contact rings on the ign but no bmw's that i have seen

• Like 1