Sign in to follow this  
keen

Tyres for an E90 Motorsport

I have an E90 Motorsport with front tyres oem 225-45-17 rear oem 255-40-17 these are run flats and near the end of their life. I intend to change to normal tyres. Does anyone here who has changed over and has a good all round tyre Rain/ Dry not too soft not too hard that they can recommend. I would be grateful

Similar Question here.

What do you plan on your contingency for a flat tire? Thats my main concern when thinking about getting away from RunFlats.

I have an E90 Motorsport with front tyres oem 225-45-17 rear oem 255-40-17 these are run flats and near the end of their life. I intend to change to normal tyres. Does anyone here who has changed over and has a good all round tyre Rain/ Dry not too soft not too hard that they can recommend. I would be grateful

Many E90s have dropped the run-flats; expensive / noisy / harsh ride.. I'm pleased with the Continental Contact MC5 on my Msport, and carrying an air pump & repair kit.

Similar Question here.

What do you plan on your contingency for a flat tire? Thats my main concern when thinking about getting away from RunFlats.

Hi there I have a tyre repair kit and a pump in the boot. BMW offer one as part of their accessories list so they are expecting some drivers to go that way. But I have found that on a mini cooper S I have the difference between the run flats and normal tyre is chalk and cheese, plus ( maybe just me ) I have more confidence whilst driving in varied conditions with the standard tyre. Having said all that I did not just put on a cheap tyre, In this case I went for a mid priced Toyo.

Many E90s have dropped the run-flats; expensive / noisy / harsh ride.. I'm pleased with the Continental Contact MC5 on my Msport, and carrying an air pump & repair kit.

Yes I couldn't agree more on all points. Something I have noticed with the E90 tyres ( which are still warrantable but nearing their end ) is in the wet at slow speeds their ability to lock up. Probably their harder compound. Thanks for the tyre recommendation will look into them.

Micheiln PSS tyres

This ... or if you want more wear eg a bit more of a touring tire and want to keep the handling then you cant go past the Michelin Primacy HP.

• Like 1

Just installed Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 2s on my E92 335i with 19 inch wheels.

HUGE improvements over the runflats. Now my car makes the normal light thump when hitting cats eyes or bumps in the road rather than a 'WHACK' :D

So much smoother and makes me feel more confident in the handling.

These are great if you don't want to stretch the budget to Michelin PSS or something, as they're much better than the runflats and cheaper.

Might buy a M Mobility kit now. Wanted the Continental kit but can't find anywhere to buy it.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1