Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

2016 Merc C class looks like all the rest

Designed by software, to meet frontal impact rules and aerodynamics targets. Doesn't allow a huge amount of difference unfortunately. Will be interesting to see when there are more views of the car without the camo and the lines are clearer.

Yeah, they've really pulled out the beige card on these ones.

Quite contemporary, which kinda suits Mercedes - but definitely a step down from the W204 Facelift.

Yeah, they've really pulled out the beige card on these ones.

Quite contemporary, which kinda suits Mercedes - but definitely a step down from the W204 Facelift.

Yes, Not overly impressed with the new benz styling, the new AMG GT i think looks worst than the current SLS....BMW is defiantly not much better than benz in my opinion with there current styling, the i3 is the most hideous thing on the road...the i8 is quite sexy on the other hand...

I quite like the "old" current C class, a 'special friend' had one on finance, was the 1800cc (or so i assume) version, might have been diesel too now i think about it. wasnt quick by any means but inside and out was very good, and drove very well. not sure what repair bills would be like on a non-AMG one, but probably reasonable. Suited her so i guess thats all that matters lol

I would rock a new Merc over a new BMW any day of the week, but i would still buy a new Audi, they are the only one that is consitently getting it right. Largely due to thier grill design suiting the flatter nose i guess

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

I quite like the "old" current C class, a 'special friend' had one on finance, was the 1800cc (or so i assume) version, might have been diesel too now i think about it. wasnt quick by any means but inside and out was very good, and drove very well. not sure what repair bills would be like on a non-AMG one, but probably reasonable. Suited her so i guess thats all that matters lol

I would rock a new Merc over a new BMW any day of the week, but i would still buy a new Audi, they are the only one that is consitently getting it right. Largely due to thier grill design suiting the flatter nose i guess

I would agree with that, the new Audi honeycomb grill design is amazing, kind of like the new gen of Lexus...I think the 3-5 series current model(s) are starting to look a little dull

S63 2015 is where it at!

post-52031-0-38893200-1428472431_thumb.j

post-52031-0-51311300-1428472439_thumb.j

post-52031-0-93404800-1428472441.jpg

Edited by benzboy

Agreed,

Audi seem to have evolved really nicely with the frontal impact design requirements.

I dont think the same of BMW or Mercedes, the designs have become.... odd to say the least.

Bring back the days of jutting out bumpers and lower bonnet lines!

• Like 2

Bring back the days of jutting out bumpers and lower bonnet lines! 

Shark nose!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The new 3/4 series IMO look better than any other car from Merc/Audi out at the moment.

They certainly look better than the e90/91 too.

• Like 1

I would agree with that, the new Audi honeycomb grill design is amazing, kind of like the new gen of Lexus...I think the 3-5 series current model(s) are starting to look a little dull

S63 2015 is where it at!

Does look rather like the F12 though. As John says, they're all rolling off the same software platform so the differences come down to lights, grilles and wheels.

• Like 1

Does look rather like the F12 though. As John says, they're all rolling off the same software platform so the differences come down to lights, grilles and wheels.

Yea, that sucks. Gone are the day where a group of people would sit down with a protractor, pencil and sheet of paper and design something revolutionary! I think that goes for 99% of all the cars nowadays imo :huh:

• Like 1

So much nope to new Mercs. cheaply built, hideously unreliable, mass produced and over priced pieces of sh*t. Audi for sure.

• Like 1

Yea, that sucks. Gone are the day where a group of people would sit down with a protractor, pencil and sheet of paper and design something revolutionary! I think that goes for 99% of all the cars nowadays imo :huh:

Word.

the-homer-inline2.jpg

• Like 1

Cannot believe people are loving Audi on a BMW forum! :wacko:

Edited by benpaul12
  • Like 1

It may be a BMW oriented forum, but most, if not all of us like other brands as well. Audi right now is the lesser of all evils.

^ I know, I know. It might seem juvenile but I guess I see Audi as more of a threat than Mercedes when it comes down to popularity and perception amongst others.

^ I know, I know. It might seem juvenile but I guess I see Audi as more of a threat than Mercedes when it comes down to popularity and perception amongst others.

from where i am sitting i would agree with you, and seems to have been that way for a long time. A mercedes buyer is probably always going to be a mercedes. BMW and Audi much more likely to cross over, they are more sports focused, or at least marketed that way

• Like 1

I like Audi. I just wouldn't buy one in a hurry. Maybe the upcoming RS3 but even then I would rather a Focus RS that will cost two thirds or less the price.

The car above will be the CLK, the new C Class is already out, and is a smart car if you ask me, I really like the interiors on the new Mercedes, something I think has been lack lustre for many years.

Would most likely still end up in a new 3 series vs the other two though, still the dynamic leader and the BMW engines haul arse.

• Like 1