Sign in to follow this  
rv2503

E84 (BMW X1) - Navigation Conversion, bluetooth & PDC

Hi folks,

I recently purchased my first bimmer- an X1 ( jap import ). Its a 2010 sdrive18i.
Few queries for this please;

1. I was told that navigation conversion to NZ is not advisable, as the dna is japanese & that if this is done and for
any future issues, if BMW plugs in to check, the computer will reset the system back to japanese dna. This will
result in all settings being lost. I was told this by Jeff Gray BMW and also another vendor thru Trademe whom
i had approached for this. Is this true?

2. Mine doesn't have PDC. I was given a quote of 2300$ by Jeff Gray.
Is there any cheaper & reliable options available please.

3. My steering wheel has buttons for bluetooth, voice recognition. but upon trying it doesn't work.
The dealer told me it is all present & needs to be enabled for use. Is there any way to check if it will work & if i am checking it wrongly.
Any inputs on this please?

Appreciate if experienced folks can help me out, as this is my first BMW and would like to have the best of
without having issues & also in lieu of future re-sale value when we decide on our next X3.

Thanks in advance.

Hi folks,

I recently purchased my first bimmer- an X1 ( jap import ). Its a 2010 sdrive18i.

Few queries for this please;

1. I was told that navigation conversion to NZ is not advisable, as the dna is japanese & that if this is done and for

any future issues, if BMW plugs in to check, the computer will reset the system back to japanese dna. This will

result in all settings being lost. I was told this by Jeff Gray BMW and also another vendor thru Trademe whom

i had approached for this. Is this true?

2. Mine doesn't have PDC. I was given a quote of 2300$ by Jeff Gray.

Is there any cheaper & reliable options available please.

3. My steering wheel has buttons for bluetooth, voice recognition. but upon trying it doesn't work.

The dealer told me it is all present & needs to be enabled for use. Is there any way to check if it will work & if i am checking it wrongly.

Any inputs on this please?

Appreciate if experienced folks can help me out, as this is my first BMW and would like to have the best of

without having issues & also in lieu of future re-sale value when we decide on our next X3.

Thanks in advance.

we can do all you want.

also we have fully integrated PDC solution for your car as well, the price will be way lower than dealer has quote you.