Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

316ti Race Car

You know you're good when you can do your optimum, 2 tenths is my closest, normally about 4 or 5 tenths off tho.

Yeah, I was having heaps of problems reliably getting the power down, so couldn't get anywhere near my optimal.

Just realised I never posted my Friday testing video up to this thread, since the below video I made some tweaks which dropped my optimal from 1:12.7 to 1:12.2, but still couldn't get a lap together and the added pace just made the tyres even harder to manage.

My biggest problem was getting the power down out of the sweeper as you can probably see from the first clip :)

• Like 1

And a video of us doing one of the power runs after we reduced the fuelling to flatten out the AFR in the new modified groupN tune we have done. Need to maybe look at some more timing and intake cam mapping to smooth it out .. but the goal was to have a little bit more mid range power for the enduro but keep it safe. My new datalogger and knock detection software is running on the laptop in the background :D Need to really get this thing out of alpha.

were you tempted to give the 4re a nudge

I think that was 'whilst approaching "close coupling" with the 4RE, our intrepid driver experienced a brown trouser moment'. #8 )

James, that's looking like a whole heap of fun!

Duct tape FTW !!

And flash new racing gloves, must be getting serious.