Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 325i SE

wow 10k! i'm surprised it went for that much tbh. nice car nonetheless

wow 10k! i'm surprised it went for that much tbh. nice car nonetheless

you and me both, i would have picked 6 as the absolute top. kms... not mint.... but hey thats great for the rest of us. and thats two people wanting to pay 10 for it too dont forget!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Holy sh*t!

Dads is tidier, has 15 weaves, instead of those 14's, doesn't have the spraybombed taillights... and it's odometer still works.

Maybe he should $1 reserve it?!?!

Only reason for sale is my nephews cherished car and now at Uni overseas so no longer a part of the family.

Goes overseas. Not in the family anymore.

• Like 11

Jeez... and it has cracks in the dash!

You will have heard how in the diamond market there is actually almost limitless supply (diamonds are very common) but jewellers restrict how many are sold to the public so that demand and therefore prices stay high.

We need to do this with E30's. Keep demand high, create a roster where we are only allowed to sell one nice E30 every year. Every buyer must commit to joining this group when they buy a car. Watch as prices skyrocket. We all become very rich.

You can thank me later.

• Like 4

I guess it's all in the marketing. I've seen other SE's either not sell or go for much less, in those cases though the seller (and therefore probably most buyers) didn't actually know they had an SE!

For 10k though you may as well have stepped up to an m325i...

Was watching. Kind of what I was after, as said, no 15" wheels and a few other options. Thats good money for this car.

That's up there in M325i money

Straight up. It went for more than I planned to advertise my car for in a few weeks.

And they are about the same condition.

IMO a 4 door is worth not even half of that of a coupe when it comes to E30's.

M badge on the boot adds a few grand, as that makes it an M325i?

• Like 2

I feel sorry if they buyer thought this was "M". Well 2 people at that. Who wants to trade their M325i for an SE? I have one with an uncracked dash, 15" weaves all original. Cash my way too probably?

I would take a 325i SE over a M325i, at least its not trying to look fast so its less embarrassing when a family in a Toyota Highlander drags you off.

Also, four doors are handy.

325i SE with Motorsport suspension and diff would do me.

• Like 2

I would take a 325i SE over a M325i, at least its not trying to look fast so its less embarrassing when a family in a Toyota Highlander drags you off.

Also, four doors are handy.

325i SE with Motorsport suspension and diff would do me.

But you could say that about the Megane. I don't know about yours. But when they have bloody racing stripes and eye bleeding interior colors suggesting they are the fastest thing in the world. Seen one get dicked by a 1992 Mitsi GSR with an open wastegate and a Chinese turbo worth about f**k all.

But you could say that about the Megane. I don't know about yours. But when they have bloody racing stripes and eye bleeding interior colors suggesting they are the fastest thing in the world. Seen one get dicked by a 1992 Mitsi GSR with an open wastegate and a Chinese turbo worth about f**k all.

No surprise, I would expect a Mitsubishi would be faster than many modern performance cars, even faster than a brand new M3. A mate had a 1992 GSR RS back in the day, was built with random second hand parts and managed a 12.6 quarter mile. Best of all the only thing modified was the engine so it was a real sleeper.

Mitsubishi's are very capable in the corners and off road too, I am always shocked at how fast the Evo's are at rally's, even the Evolution 4 is still a very fast car by modern standards, performance bargain at the moment and a great base for a rally car, perhaps the best entry level car available.

Was watching this too. Seems high but maybe a sign of the times. I saw a non m and non SE e30 go for $7,900 a few weeks earlier. A few weeks prior to that a non m and non se engine swapped/ripped seat e30 with two decent yet fixable rust holes went for $3,300. Highest I have ever seen for a standard e30 was a few years ago, $13k for a burgundy 325 se which had done about 50,000 km.

That burgundy SE is beautiful. Probably the nicest un restored E30 I have been in.

That car is my "one that got away" car, I made an offer of $11,500 back then and rightly, the owner said he would rather see how the auction went.

It was re advertised again recently and I have a feeling it would asap hands for closer to 20k these days.

Will get another one day, next has got to be a Convertible or a SE Sedan for me, have had the Touring and a M325i, can't afford a M3.

Whats the more desirable model....318is or 325se?

Have IS but would like SE

Whats the more desirable model....318is or 325se?

Have IS but would like SE

For I would say 318is because if you care about fuel prices it's the best daily and it has a different engine to every other e30 whilst still being factory. It's also an is rather than just an I

There are a couple of nice IS's floating around South Auckland. Both Red. Both mint. Both daily driven.

When I see them I want to high five the drivers.

And I would say, at this stage, the E30 has reached an age that any remotely well specked original E30 is desirable, to me, the variable is the options and the condition, if all is equal it comes down to personal preference.

​A manual transmission and 15" Basketweaves are always going to make it more desirable.