Sign in to follow this  
E30nut

E30 318i M40 Cooling problem... help :(

Hey guys, ive got a real random issue that came about with my E30 was driving, and smoke started pouring from the windscreen demist vents, which was then followed by a sudden spillage of coolant in my passenger side foot well.... seeing as when i start the car now the temp guage jumps waay high id assume its definitley a cooliong problem.... i need help to get it fixed asap :(.... help will be appreciated... thanks

Jordache D

AllanW what could be the cause ?? and is it an easy if i replace it ?

Stop running the engine... don't cook it!

I wouldn't say easy... no. But a LOT easier than a lot of other cars - The dash doesn't have to come out for one thing!

Google E30 heater core repalcement.

There are metal pipe versions, and plastic pipe ones, and you need the correct one for your car.

Cause can be crud in the heater box, corroding it from the outside, having run with out antifreeze corroding it from the inside, but there was a BMW recall MANY years ago about it, but that was just new radiator cap I think - Dads had it done late 90's I seem to recall.

By now, most likely corrosion.