Sign in to follow this  
SRacin

FS: 3.15 Large Case LSD Diff, Chch

Hi,

I brought this for my 540is, but as things roll before I got a chance to buy it found a 3.45 which was installed instead. Located in Christchurch. $850 + shipping.

Cheers

post-6315-0-07030700-1429937646_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-57785000-1429937670_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-09300300-1429937683_thumb.jp

Edited by SRacin

Please put up some photos, as per forum rules.

It's a large case diff. What sort of photos are you expecting?

• Like 1

Exactly what I was going to say Ian

..... Thisadmin also deleted my post with manual conversion for not having pictures..... I think we all know what a manual conversion looks like right lol

• Like 1

There is a reason for requiring photos and prices of items for sale, it helps prevent scamming and giving the unpaid/unthanked moderators a hell of a time trying to sort out the issue despite the site not having any ability to pursue any offenders. It is not difficult to do.

If you do not like the rules, go and advertise somewhere else like tardeme where there is every chance you will be ripped off/answer any amount of ridiculous questions/ not get any response from the auction winner etc etc etc.

Your choice.

• Like 5

Wow, that escalated quickly. Unfortunately I do not get the paper so couldn't take a pic with todays date on it. I will make sure future ransom notes... I mean for sale ads have pics on the first post.

Thanks for putting up the pics as requested.

As per the forum rules, and as will said, it helps in a number of ways.

Not least of which it helps to generate interest in what you are selling, a picture is worth a thousand words as they say. Is it a rusty hunk of junk with oil leaks or a well looked after and maintained part?

The fact that the OP had just such photos and put them up shows they understand this.

A manual conversion, hmm what part number is that then? What is included, every single last nut bolt and washer? Or just the major parts? Are the parts all "correct" or have they been "modified"? Has anything been damaged during removal? And so on...

And Arron since you want to bring it up again, your post was deleted as rather than doing what was asked and fix it you wanted to be clever and argue about it.

SRacin, sorry for all this in your For Sale thread, I can delete it all out if you would like.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
  • Like 2

great result :)

pics do say a 1000 words

nice diff too

• Like 1

Have one of these diffs in my baur :) can't wait to see how it runs

Still sitting in my shed collect dust.

Is this from an e34? Cause I think e34 large cases are different to others as they won't fit an e28 (yet other large cases will)

Bump. This is still for take up space. It is from a low k's 750i I believe.

What mods are required to fit this diff to a e36?

When you say 750i are you talking about a E32?

What mods are required to fit this diff to a e36?

Need the large case carrier from an M3 at the minimum, can't remember if the rear cover bushing centres are the same distance apart with the medium & large case. If the 210 has different spacings you'll need the whole damn subframe.

Pretty sure you need the matching driveshaft too, the input flange sits a little further toward the trans (I think) with the large case.

Add the extra power loss from parasitic drag c/o the extra mass of the 210mm & it becomes a pointless swap unless you've done some monster work under the hood. Large case LSDs are rated to handle on average an extra 50% more torque than the medium case ones, so unless you've got an engine making a hell of a lot more oomph than stock there's really no gain in going to the 210mm. Easier, less work and probably cheaper to find a medium case E36 diff or have an aftermarket LS centre fitted to your existing diff.

Edited by Ahmedsinc
  • Like 1

Need the large case carrier from an M3 at the minimum, can't remember if the rear cover bushing centres are the same distance apart with the medium & large case. If the 210 has different spacings you'll need the whole damn subframe.

Pretty sure you need the matching driveshaft too, the input flange sits a little further toward the trans (I think) with the large case.

Add the extra power loss from parasitic drag c/o the extra mass of the 210mm & it becomes a pointless swap unless you've done some monster work under the hood. Large case LSDs are rated to handle on average an extra 50% more torque than the medium case ones, so unless you've got an engine making a hell of a lot more oomph than stock there's really no gain in going to the 210mm. Easier, less work and probably cheaper to find a medium case E36 diff or have an aftermarket LS centre fitted to your existing diff.

Its for a friend who is pushing out 700hp at the crank.

I presume a medium case would just get toasted?

Its for a friend who is pushing out 700hp at the crank.

I presume a medium case would just get toasted?

In that case its worth the effort.

700hp would suggest torque of at least 550 ft/lb, large case would certainly be better suited - probably a smart idea to get some beefier half shafts & driveshaft made too :)

What engine has your friend tweaked to get to that sort of oomph?

Edit: the medium case might hold up to the abuse, but I wouldn't like to guess for how long - depends on the application too, a drift / drag application would be a bit harder on the diff than a circuit car

Edited by Ahmedsinc

M62b44 with a huge turbo

• Like 1

M62b44 with a huge turbo

Lol, will be worth the extra effort to make it fit then :) AFAIK it can be done with OEM parts, but the trick is finding the ruddy things - eBay will certainly make it easier.

More details on the M62 please - I heard a rumour a little while back one was being built in the 07 but never really had it confirmed

• Like 1

When you say 750i are you talking about a E32?

??

??

Not sure exactly sorry. It will go straight into an e34 540i with the input flange swapped over.