Sign in to follow this  
Haitoman

Trim detailing & restoring

I am a bit fussy over my exterior black rubber/plastic trim and I just can't find a product that works on the plastic (or whatever it is) housing around the lower windscreen wiper & vent area as it tends to get a bit discoloured/whitish.

The best results I ever got on a previous car was with gtechniq C4 http://www.gtechniq.com.au/articles/__C4_Trim_Restorer_/23 but it is a horrendous price for a tiny bottle. It does restore the plastic to black though.

Does anyone know if there is a similar product on the shelves in NZ?

Problem solved...I bought Turtle Wax Trim Restoring gel for $43.00 from Ripco. Speaking of whom, I went in there to buy an LED number plate 'bulb' and they don't carry any LEDs because there are 'no reliable brands'...how LOL is that?

Problem solved...I bought Turtle Wax Trim Restoring gel for $43.00 from Ripco. Speaking of whom, I went in there to buy an LED number plate 'bulb' and they don't carry any LEDs because there are 'no reliable brands'...how LOL is that?

It means the cheap crap they brought wasn't worth the fortune they were selling them for, so they gave up. If they brought decent ones, they couldn't put their several hundred percent markup on it.

• Like 1

R rip

E every

P poor

C c&@t

O off

F^(^&* that lot. The same thing is $11.00 cheaper at Supercheap, plus I would have got the points on my clubcard. I can't believe it....

I read from some US forum suggesting smooth peanut butter. That was worth a laugh.