Sign in to follow this  
No name user

E34 TURBO

So little update for amusement its been dyno'd and front cleaned up, made 487hp on 11.8 psi on 95 pump, stock motor done 287,000km never had the head off.

Only mods are the DTM cams and my own intake manifold and exhaust headers, runs A048 for every day rubber which it sort of needs since it makes 1396 ft/lb at the wheels so pulls average i guess.

Sits at just under 1400kg's now after fitting fibre glass front yet to do the back, made own billet quick shifter seems to do the job etc.

New motor on the stand yet to so in with all the go fast bits in it ill then lean on it harder sadly will need to tub the rear for wider rubber to make use of anymore power ( kills the rears now on semi's in 4th, private road for the PC sensitive )

Box is still a 260G got a bunch of 6 speeds lined up for change of motor, not a rainy day car !

post-793-0-71291000-1430356668.jpg

• Like 7

Love the understatements/modesty in your posts (no I'm not being sarcastic). Car looks awesome dude!

For shits and giggles you could get a badge made up with your avatar pic and glue it were the roundel usually goes :ph34r:

• Like 2

Still trying to get my head around the torque, that's insane, I assume I'll be able to find more info in other threads on the engine management/ turbo it's running?

So much respect!

Still trying to get my head around the torque, that's insane, I assume I'll be able to find more info in other threads on the engine management/ turbo it's running?

So much respect!

Divide by diff ratio to get actual engine torque.

• Like 1

Brain fart :P still interested in what's being used to run it

M50B25

Turbo : IHI RX8 ( comes off a 96 Lola Indy Car )

ECU : Autronic SMC

Yep divide the torque by the diff ratio = around 400 Ft/lb motor, in saying that Polley its still 1396 Ft/lb wheel ;) and never blown a head gasket to date !

Hows your M50 going Troy ?

Post a thread love to have a read........

Edited by crunchy

M50B25

Turbo : IHI RX8 ( comes off a 96 Lola Indy Car )

ECU : Autronic SMC

Yep divide the torque by the diff ratio = around 400 Ft/lb motor, in saying that Polley its still 1396 Ft/lb wheel ;) and never blown a head gasket to date !

Hows your M50 going Troy ?

Post a thread love to have a read........

I do have a thread, dynoed it last year and been doing hill climbs and sprints all last year, no head gasket problems. Engine is currently removed to make way for an m62 though.

• Like 1

I do have a thread, dynoed it last year and been doing hill climbs and sprints all last year, no head gasket problems. Engine is currently removed to make way for an m62 though.

why the engine change?

why the engine change?

Can't beat the sound of a v8. I still have the m50 setup, car is setup for both engines, can swap between them in a few hours if I need more go fast.

• Like 3

Can't beat the sound of a v8. I still have the m50 setup, car is setup for both engines, can swap between them in a few hours if I need more go fast.

Fair enough too im doing a turbo setup on my M60 cars not worth much so why not i say

• Like 2

Had to convert to N/M, but f**k me that's a lot of torque.

There's also a joke in there about semis in forth puhuhu.

• Like 1

What an epic car!

Have you got any more pics?

• Like 1

What an epic car!

Have you got any more pics?

post-793-0-42288300-1430646011.jpg

• Like 2

So cool.

What bonnet and spoiler is it?

I love the matt/satin black paint scheme - very mad max

So cool.

What bonnet and spoiler is it?

I love the matt/satin black paint scheme - very mad max

I changed the bonnet edge to look that way

Saw you heading south early this afternoon. Looked and sounded the part. What a car! :D

Saw you heading south early this afternoon. Looked and sounded the part. What a car! :D

You mean yesterday ?

Havent been out in it today

You mean yesterday ?

Havent been out in it today

Right, sorry, need sleep. Regardless, real testament to your boost-related know-how. :wub:

• Like 2